It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

reply to post by FlyersFan

White pride and Black pride should indeed be classified in the same category. Personally, I'd vote and side with Human pride, if I were going to choose to be proud of any such type of thing.

However, where you both are wrong is equating White supremacy with Black pride. They are NOT the same, and they are not and should not be classified in the same category. There is taking pride in one's self, one's heritage, one's culture, the accomplishments of one's race, and then there is holding to the BELIEF that one's race is SUPERIOR to all other races. White supremacy by definition is a racist categorization. Understanding this, one would NOT equate Al Sharpton and Barack Obama as racist ideologues, both of whom promote positive imagery, self-imagery, self-esteem, and the educational and economic advancement of black people in the United States of America. They do not promote ideology that the Black race or the African-American race is superior to the White race or the European American race, or any other race.

On the other hand, Don Black was the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan from 1978 - 1987. The KKK Grand Wizard preceding him was former Republican Congressman, David Duke. Duke who at one time "...became famous on campus for wearing a Nazi uniform while picketing and holding parties on the anniversary of the birth of Adolf Hitler." The past two sentences should provide the necessary window to establish the difference between and ideology of pride and the ideologies of racism and supremacy. Now all one has to do is visit the Stormfront website to open the window to a wider and deeper view of hate, separatist ideologies, prejudice, racist propaganda, and anti-Semitic speech and thought. All of this done under the guise of love for the White race and the fear of genocide through racial integration. That is what both Don Black and David Duke support and advance.

The agendas of Al Sharpton and Barack Obama are fundamentally different than that of Don Black and David Duke. Sharpton and Obama promote integration and equality of all Americans of the United States. Black and Duke promote separation and inequality between the White race and all other races throughout the entire world. Those are the facts.

Though, Sharpton and Obama may occasionally speak out about atrocities against Black people throughout the world, both person's primary goals are to focus on the building and maintaining of a system that benefits all Americans of the United States. That each, both of whom are African-Americans, would have a focus and interest in the welfare of African-Americans should not come as a surprise to anyone who is aware of the history of African-Americans in the United States. The goals of Sharpton and Obama are set to raise the profile of African-Americans as well as the profile of European-Americans. It is, after all, the legacy of the United States that it has defeated many lopsided policies for the common good here at home and throughout the world.

What Black and Duke promote is separation and polarization throughout the entire world; what the two promote is not even a diametric opposite to what Sharpton and Obama promote. This should be clear by now -- but just in case it isn't, Sharpton and Obama would have to be advancing the superiority and separation of the Black Race from all other races throughout the entire world. Sharpton and Obama would have to support the Black version of Nazi fascism and neo-Nazi fascism as well. In order for Sharpton's and Obama's agenda to be the diametric opposite of Black's and Duke's those things would need to be true. However, they are not.

It is also appropriate to say that nothing in the manner of speech, policy, or credentials aligns Ron Paul with Don Black other than the fact that Paul is a White American. That his campaign has accepted funds from a White nationalist who supports White supremacy is not indicative of ideological kinship along the lines of separation, polarization, hate and fear. To do that the Ron Paul campaign would have had to refuse and return the donation to Don Black. If anything, the Ron Paul campaign's decision to keep the donation is indicative of the long standing tradition and policy of the United States to look out after its own. A tradition and policy that includes each and every citizen of the United States of America. There's nothing wrong with that.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Let me tell you how the cow ate the cabbage. Ron Paul set the table for defeat by accepting that donation.

For those of you supporters of his campaign, it's like a slap in the face and if I were you I would be seriously shopping around for another candidate that's more worthy of your support because this one has just proved to everyone that he has no interest in even being one of the top Republican candidates in this race.

He sounds very self-destructive to me... too bad.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow the $500 thing is an obvious smear by the MSM. I have a hard time understanding how moderators at a conspiracy site can help perpetuate the nonsense that it is.

I'm sure every candidate has had some donation from an extremist organization at one point. You don't see them handing it back.

Ron Paul's popularity is still on the rise no thanks to the MSM. Come vote day you all will be surprised.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
[Now please enlighten everyone why his personal ideology is even in question regarding the donation?

Do you really need it spelled out for you? Yet again? The guy runs a neo nazi web site. Based on your statement would he keep a donation from NAMBLA? or any other extremist group?

Surely your ilk can do better than this.

Please clarify this statemnt? and kindly rember to keep thing polite eh? By "ilk" I assume you mean people that dare question your candidates choice of keeping a donation made by a neo nazi?

[edit on 12/20/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Wow the $500 thing is an obvious smear by the MSM. I have a hard time understanding how moderators at a conspiracy site can help perpetuate the nonsense that it is.

Hmmm.... Just because I am a moderator on THE best conspiracy site the internet offers does not mean I am required to check my opinions, morals, ethics, and values at the door.

Mod Note: Moderators Are People Too – Please Review This Link.

If you think I will simply sit on my hands while you and the rest of the spin doctors try to make this out as some sort of pricipled constitutional stand you are in error.

I'm sure every candidate has had some donation from an extremist organization at one point. You don't see them handing it back.

Please show me where anyother candidate has not retured funds from neo nazi's? Please exclude David Duke however

Ron Paul's popularity is still on the rise no thanks to the MSM. Come vote day you all will be surprised.

Perhaps or perhaps we have jumped the shark here as well. You never know. The only thing I am surprised at is this insistance that there is nothing wrong with taking money from neo nazi's

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
So what he took money from a man who pushes white pride. Whats the difference here, its the same as Al Sharpton taking money from the NAACP a black pride organization. Why is it that a white man is labled a racist if he takes pride in his color. But if a black man or spanish man takes pride in thier color they are doing good in the world?????

its a double standard IMO and it makes me sick.

Im White and im proud say it out loud!!!!!! Good for you Mr. Paul if this is what went down.

OMG I couldnt agree more....there is a serious problem in America today if you are white and proud of your heritage that you are some biggot.....Im white and very proud of my heritage...heres the funny thing Im married to an Indian (as in the country). Like someone else said we might as well throw Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and oh what about the black panthers who put money in Obamas Coffers they are HUUUGEEEE racicts but because they are black we cant go there. Let Al Sharpton donate to whoever the hell he wants....Let this white pride guy vote for whoever the hell he wants. This is America just cause you dont agree with some doesnt mean they dont get a voice...If that was the case Illegal Immigration would be fixed...Healthcare would be fixed....and none of us would be paying any taxes right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Do you really need it spelled out for you? Yet again? The guy runs a neo nazi web site. Based on your statement would he keep a donation from NAMBLA? or any other extremist group?

There's the distinction that, it appears, you're failing to see. He didn't receive a donation from an "extremist group"; he received a donation from a private citizen. If a sizable check was signed "KKK", or "NazisR'us", it might be a different story; however, the notion of screening every small donation, by private citizens, is ridiculous.

Do you think Mitt Romney would return a $500 donation from a private citizen that was pro-choice? Not a chance; however, if he recieved a multi-thousand dollar donation directly from Planned Parenthood... he might actually have something to say about it.

This is nothing more than media hype. It's the Howard Dean "scream" of '08, and it has absolutely nothing to do with his political beliefs, or his proposed policies. This is nothing more than MSM ad hominem mudslinging at its worst.

[edit on 12/20/07 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Please show me where anyother candidate has not retured funds from neo nazi's? Please exclude David Duke however

Give me a list of who donated to each canidate and I promise you Ill find some real racists in there on all sides white black asian makes no difference...do we make each canidate take them all back....This is america dude neo nazi or not he still has rights.....if you want to shut them down shut down BET channel and the Black Panther Movement while you are at it. They are scum all of them but they have rights.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

news.yahoo.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul has received a $500 campaign donation from a white supremacist, and the Texas congressman doesn't plan to return it, an aide said Wednesday.

Don Black, of West Palm Beach, recently made the donation, according to campaign filings. He runs a Web site called Stormfront with the motto, "White Pride World Wide." The site welcomes postings to the "Stormfront White Nationalist Community."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why is this considered news. It must have been a slow day on the news front. What about Hillary accepting 800K from the Chinese and keeping it when she is caught. That smells foul as a overflowing sewer, just like her campaign is turning out to be.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

There's the distinction that, it appears, you're failing to see. He didn't receive a donation from an "extremist group"; he received a donation from a private citizen. If a sizable check was signed "KKK", or "NazisR'us", it might be a different story; however, the notion of screening every small donation, by private citizens, is ridiculous.

You know what even if it was nambla or kkk if they want to make a donation they should be able too....what because they stand for stuff that most doesnt agree with....but yet youll take a big fat check from Exon mobil or Walmart who has caused this country more problems than probably any of us could comprehend......

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Perhaps or perhaps we have jumped the shark here as well. You never know. The only thing I am surprised at is this insistance that there is nothing wrong with taking money from neo nazi's

But youll take a check from any other polluting, killing, robbing organizations dont need to mention any company names again but u get the point....if you want to make a difference lets make it so all organizations cant donate just individual citizens and lets get rid of lobbying on capital hill too.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
where you both are wrong is equating White supremacy with Black pride.... Understanding this, one would NOT equate Al Sharpton and Barack Obama as racist ideologues, both of whom promote ...

...both of whom promote 'blame the white man for everything'.

Pride and supremacy are not the same? You are right. The words mean two different things. HOWEVER, if you look at the link I gave to Obama's black power church , you will see more than 'black pride'. You see 'blame the white man for everything'. That goes beyond pride .. it goes to racism. Pure racism.

[edit on 12/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The implications within the OP are considerable.

Involved within it may be topics with a very wide range when comparisons are made of funds to RP and other hopefuls in the Primary Elections.

Please cast your doubts upon those who donate and those who receive those funds and try to resist personal attacks on all the good members active in this thread.

The ball, folks, not the player.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
BTW I want to just clarify myself before anyone goes off and thinking Im some extremist guy who thinks neo nazis and black panthers should donate...I guess what I am saying is u let everyone organization donate or dont let any of them at all....Im for not letting any of them.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

If you own or run a business selling a product or service do you question everyone who buys your product or service about their individual political, religious, ethnic or racial beliefs before you sell to them?

I would say most if all do not.

Political campaigns are nothing more than selling an ideological product.

The people buying these product or services are the ones that believe in the product or service being sold and are willing to pay money for said product or service.

There are corporation around the world, who every day sell products or services to intolerant racist bigoted people who believe in all kinds of things that most of us would find intolerable. And most these same corporation would never condone or support these intolerances.

To expect anything less from our politicians in this day and age, although noble is in my opinion ideologically naive and unrealistic.

Change the system then we can stop these types of things from happening.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

I agree but for the simple fact that this is for the person who is going to run the free world and not some local shoe shop I think there needs to be consideration.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
You know what even if it was nambla or kkk if they want to make a donation they should be able too....

Yes, they should be able to (under the current system); however, if the donation was truly on behalf of an organization, such as those listed, it would likely be more than a mere $500, and I could see a candidate taking issue with such "support". "Groups" tend to donate large sums of cash, and cross the line into "special interests" (vs. merely a private citizen's donation).

Personally, I'd be much more satisfied with publically funded elections, and doing away with "special interests" entirely.

what because they stand for stuff that most doesnt agree with....but yet youll take a big fat check from Exon mobil or Walmart.....

Hold your horses there buddy.

"You'll"?

I havn't taken a "big fat check" from anyone, and the organizations you speak of would certainly qualify as "special interests".

[edit on 12/20/07 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hold your horses there buddy.

What I mean by youll is a canidate not u personally...Im saying a canidate will take a big fat check from a place like exon but not some neo nazi.....to me both are the same in fact i wouldnt doubt if there are some neo nazis that are high up on the exon mobile ladder.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Why not take a listen yourself to what Ron Paul says about the Donation:

www.youtube.com...

I think he defended himself well in this video and find it amusing what a controversy this donation is exaggerated to be. A single man, not an organization, donated five-hundred dollars to Ron Paul whose beliefs could be no more dissimilar. I agree with Dr. Paul that if he were to return the money then it would appear that he endorses Mr. Black's beliefs as the money may well already be spent and well invested.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Mephorium]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Funny, I guess Ron's decision to keep the money hasn't dissuaded Muslim's from supporting him. Keep in mind that the Islamic religion is largely composed of Arab and black peoples.

muslimsvoteronpaul.com...
www.mohammadmossadegh.com...
www.rense.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join