It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
All he did was take a picture with the guy... What do you want him to do, screen each guy, have them fill out and sign a form stating their social, political, and economic beliefs before standing next to a guy for 20 seconds for a picture?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by untouchable
That is exactly the statement I was waiting for. Your obvious bias has poked its ugly head right through the clouds for everyone to see. Now I know for sure that you had absolutely no intention of a fair discussion, you are simply some type of lowlife trying to smear Ron Paul,

What exactly about this discussion has not been fair? Sure your personal attacks are a bit below the belt, but if you can't actually debate the issue they what the heck go for the ad hominem.

you have no valid opinion on the subject and your true intention has nothing to do about your ethics or morals, it’s about what you think about Ron Paul and nothing more.

Wake up and smell the thread. Of cource its about my opinion and your opinion and everybody whos posted in this threads opinion. You know how a discussion board works right?

I’m telling you for real if you said I was a neo-Nazi I would sue the pants off you and I wish Ron Paul wasn’t running for president so he could have the time to take you to court for what you just said, there’s no ducking out of this one punk.

SO who is suing me here Ron paul or you? Im telling you "For Real" what I think about that statement *yawn* so you have moved from the ad hominem to making legal threats
Sad but predictable

You might as well have pulled out of shotgun and stuck it in your mouth; you just killed yourself on this issue.

Im much more of a rifle man but a shotgun can come in handy from time to time. Way too much gun safety training to do myself any harm, but thanks for the concern

Furthermore busting on me because I am a 9/11 truth activist is probably one of the most unconscionable methods of backing up yourself than I had ever heard.

Hmmm lets see, threats, name calling, the good old Ad Hominem, when someone fails to recognize the glory of your views and findings. Yep
the hallmark of a rabid 911 Truther. Its almost like fringe extremeist group when you think about it

The shoe fit so by golly you put it on

Also you should clearly define your subject matter expertise is medicine in your avatar so people don’t get confused and take you seriously when you’re talking about other subjects.

Hmmmm. clearly your ignorance of ATS is showing here. FSME badges are bestowed on members by administration. For me thats the medical conspiracies forum. For others its 911, Aviation, Science etc etc etc. Click on the tag and you will be taken to the forum. However, if the issue bothers you so much (and it must otherwise you would not be so desperate to focus on this and not on Ron paul taking a neo naz's money) please file a complaint.

You’re a joke and a fool, and I’m glad you allowed your to real colors to show. Like I said before you were bordering slander and libel.

Ah yes back to the ad hominem and threats. Im mean if this is the best you can do in regards to Ron Pauls taking of money from a neo nazi then by all means if it makes you feel better then go ahead.

Now you are admittedly guilty of such, shame on you and Americans should be ashamed that people like you represent even the smallest part your society you are worse than or equal to a Nazi, you discussed me. And learn to type!

The bolding in mine BTW. Oh the irony there eh?

Disgust is an emotion that is typically associated with things that are perceived as unclean, inedible, or infectious.

discuss ( ) tr.v. , -cussed , -cussing , -cusses . To speak with another or others about; talk over.

Used in a sentance

As in we discussed the ignorant, ad hominem laden post by untouchable we were disgusted by his inability to debate the real issue.

You seem to have forgotten the actual topic so I will remind you:

Ron Paul refused to return a campaign donation made by a neo nazi.

[edit on 12/22/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

You have a canned Ron paul excuse for everything are they sending you guys talking points or something?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shooterbrody

You guys act as if most politcal events are filled like the bleacher seats at a ball game. First come first serve. However, most are very strict on who is admitted and most campaign managers have a good idea who was there. Im shocked that anybody in his campaign let them near him to be honest.

Its possible that they did throw the doors open to the public, but most events are not done this way.

But right he is showing his constitutional support by protecting thier right to free speech eh?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Opinions on this please.
I posted something similar "out there" on the internets..

Would any of you KNOWINGLY accept a blood transfusion from a murderer, or white supremacist, or a neo-nazi?

If it meant you would be able to Live longer, to enjoy the fruits of your labor, liberty, and the CONTINUED pursuit of YOUR happiness?

Or, would you give it back?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
You have a canned Ron paul excuse for everything are they sending you guys talking points or something?

Yeah, Fred. Ron Paul himself is following the thread minute by minute and communicating to me through msn telling me exactly, word for word, what to lie about. While we're at it, I might aswell mention that it was actually the Ron Paul campaign that coordinated 911 in an effort to put fear into African Americans. Did I mention Ron Paul is the leader of the KKK?

[edit on 22/12/07 by Navieko]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Did other candidates get money from unsavory sources, Sure, but when confronted have they kept it?

If it were any other candidate, they'd be foaming at the mouth about it. Ron Pauls campaign goofed, really very simple. But many, if not most, of his supporters won't, or maybe can't, admit that for some strange reason.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Would any of you KNOWINGLY accept a blood transfusion from a murderer, or white supremacist, or a neo-nazi?

Well once you had the transfusion there would really be no way of giving it back.

Its not set up that way Blood units are simply known by thier number. The recipient of said transfusion has no idea who the blood came from.

The exception to this rule is directed donor blood. You go in before a procedure and give blood to be banked. I suppose a neo nazi could refuse his own blood but that would be just silly

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Did other candidates get money from unsavory sources, Sure, but when confronted have they kept it?

If it were any other candidate, they'd be foaming at the mouth about it. Ron Pauls campaign goofed, really very simple. But many, if not most, of his supporters won't, or maybe can't, admit that for some strange reason.

I would admit it, If I thought It was a goof.
I just don't think it was a mistake.
It's your opinion that it was a mistake.

Do you think it's wrong to defend someone else's right to free speech, even when you disagree with the message?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Its been an interesting insight it seems. Some have put forth rational debate, while others have well if you can't say anything nice, it perhaps best left unsaid.

Yeah it was a serious mistake and the pictures do not help either.

It was a mistake and the responce and spin are exactly the same old style of politics many here in the thread says he does not support.

It will be interesting to see how much of the money he raises will be left when he drops from the race.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Well once you had the transfusion there would really be no way of giving it back.

Its not set up that way Blood units are simply known by thier number. The recipient of said transfusion has no idea who the blood came from.

The exception to this rule is directed donor blood. You go in before a procedure and give blood to be banked. I suppose a neo nazi could refuse his own blood but that would be just silly

Dollar bills are a lot like that too.
nobody knows, they just have a serial number.

ok, let's change it from blood to marrow..Bone marrow is very often directed. Would you turn down the bone marrow?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Dollar bills are a lot like that too.
nobody knows, they just have a serial number.

Yes but this one was well known
Was it actually cash? I thought he cut a check

ok, let's change it from blood to marrow..Bone marrow is very often directed. Would you turn down the bone marrow?

Assuming the donor has been checked for disease, HLA matched etc. then yes I would accept it.

However, a political monetary donations from a neo nazi versus a life saving medical donation from a neo nazi is a whole differnet matter.

Would I accept say a kidney or a liver lobe from the founder of stromfront to save my sons life? In a heartbeat but again we are talking about the ethics of a life saving treatment versus a political donation

[edit on 12/22/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I really fail to see how this is a free speech issue? He had the right to donate which he did just as Ron Paul has the right to refuse.

Refusing campaign funds from a neonazi in no was disenfrachises him nor does it inhibit his ability to promote his hate etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's not all that different Fred.

Not when you view this election as either the Life, or the DEATH of Status-Quo.
Or the Death of an American soldier in a foreign nation.
It's not really different.

500 bucks...from an October donation. Which we are talking about in December.
It's a smear..plain and simple.

I hear Paul May take Iowa...He's 3rd in the polls according to CBS.
Sounds like the "pollable" people are waking up to this thing.
Multiply this by the unpollable's..the cell phone users, the fist time voters, those who gave up and didn't vote last time around...

interesting...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by spacedoubt

Refusing campaign funds from a neonazi in no was disenfrachises him nor does it inhibit his ability to promote his hate etc.

But refusing the donation ENHANCES his ability to promote hate.
You keep forgetting this candidate live in the Pander-free zone.
No pandering...a new concept..It's hard to grasp, even for me.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
double post..

[edit on 22-12-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It's not all that different Fred.

Its totaly different. A lifesaving medical procedure versus a campaign contribution is apples and guava

500 bucks...from an October donation. Which we are talking about in December. It's a smear..plain and simple.

It just came to light (at least to my eyes) So why not return it? Say "crikey, we just found out and returned it" instead we get this explanation that its better spent with us so we are keeping it.

It was a pretty big political error. The spin was worse. He created an issue where none was. No one needed to run a smear campaing Paul took it and run with it himself.

I hear Paul May take Iowa...He's 3rd in the polls according to CBS.
Sounds like the "pollable" people are waking up to this thing.interesting...

may we live in interesting times. Anything is posible. Anything......

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, I certainly appreciate you looking out for the campaign.
Like I said earlier, there are a few in the campaign that don't agree with him keeping it either.

I hope he doesn't cave to those who aren't getting the point of him hanging onto it. It would be a huge mistake if he returned it.

Stay tuned for the next smear. I'm sure they'll try something else..and it won't hold water, just like this time..

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I consider this good practice for Ron Paul. If Ron Paul wants to be president, he has to get used to the idea that his paychecks will be coming from the greatest bastion of organized crime in this country- namely the United States Government.

Jesting aside though, I don't think Ron Paul has a moral obligation to return the money, but I do think he has a moral obligation to be very clear about where he stands on these kinds of issues when they come up.

My play, if I were Ron Paul, would be think over my views and pick out the aspects of my ideology that would be least agreeable to a white supremacist. I would then write an open letter to the donor expressing my convictions and offering that individual the opportunity to reclaim his money if he was not willing to support me on the basis of my politics, inspite of my opposition to his racist ideology.

First and foremost, it says what needs to be said to this white supremacist. I do believe it is immoral to stand silent in the face of such abominable ideologies.

Second, it makes the point that no matter what a person's failings are, they still have a political voice in this country and should be able to expect and contribute toward good government.

Third, god willing, it makes the guy withdraw his support of Ron Paul which will simultaneously hurt that individuals views and help Ron Paul in the public eye.

Then again, if I were Ron Paul, a lot of Ron Paul's views would have to change. So take what I say he should do with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My first thought is that 500 dollar is nothing! And not drawing attention to the issue might entail not returning the donation!

Oh yeah... and Prescott Bush funded Hitler!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join