It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wrong again. All I saw and read was black pride. I did not see any mention or propaganda promoting that Blacks are superior to Whites. I did not see any mention or propaganda promoting the idea that Blacks are divinely superior, that is supreme, over Whites. The page you linked to does not espouse separation or polarization as does the Stormfront website. You could have linked to a Jewish site and I wouldn't categorize that as being racist either. You seem to have difficulty in distinguishing between folks who embrace their own differences from other groups and those who believe that their differences are divinely or biologically superior to other groups of people. Obama's church, Trinity United Church of Christ, is not a Black Supremacist organization. It is an organization that dedication to forming and maintaining an identity that exhorts the ideals that it sets forth. None of those ideals even begin to approach racism, prejudice, separation, polarization, hate, or fear. I'm pretty sure you could find a website that lists the ethos and commitment of Jewish people, or Tibetan monks, and none of them would be on par with Stormfront. As a test, you do not find advocating anything against White folks in Trinity United Church of Christ concepts. Just because much of the Western, that is White, cultural and societal ideals are excluded does not also mean that Trinity United Church of Christ is anti-White. African-American slaves were introduced to Christianity from their White masters. Though there are many other examples, it is clear from that one example that Trinity United Church of Christ does appreciate some of the contributions Europeans have made to the world. Clearly the organization is not anti-White.

What is perhaps hardest for Whites to understand is that Whites are not in question about their identity. They are not been in question about their place in the world in the same way as other groups of people -- never mind their place in the United States of America. Ask any White person their heritage and most would be able to tell you when their family immigrated to the United States. They would be able to tell you from which countries their ancestors hailed from. All ethnic and cultural backgrounds would be easily recalled and recited. This is not so for African-Americans for they represent a unique position among the people of the United States of America; they did not immigrate to America of their own free will. The knowledge of were their ancestors hailed from in Africa remains unknown to nearly 100% of African-Americans. Languages and customs were obliterated by the slave trade and the management of slaves by their owners. Organizations such as Trinity United Church of Christ serve as places for African-Americans to establish identity and sense of heritage and culture from a religious and historical perspective, as well as acknowledging that being Black is nothing to be ashamed of, not a reason for self-hatred, but is a reason to be proud of. The central idea is that identity that has been destroyed through systematic racism in government, education, and economic institutions can indeed be resurrected through a systematic approach designed to re-establish the individual, community, education, and economic identity of the African-American. The motivation behind it is simple, the African-American community as a whole is in critical condition and something needs to be done about it. Trinity United Church of Christ is one such organization that attempts to address those issues. It certainly is not a racist organization as you and some others seem to believe.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
You cant be serious, Lets check the back groud of every donation to every candidate and see where that leads us. I think its also kinda hypocritical as well to have a known Nazi used symbol under Captain America. How does that work?

I am and so would most of the decent and regular Americans not clouded by their political affiliations.

The fact that he refuses to return the money is what is more disturbing that the Neo nazi giving him the money. Anybody who needs the money of racists and nazis to get ahead in life does NOT represent the people of this country or its values. To believe otherwise is merely a delusion and a hypocritical stance.

The CROSS below captain America is a symbol of Christianity and the order of the Teutonic Knights. The fact that the Nazi's used various symbols doesnt mean that they have a right to them at all. Besides, that is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SButlerv2
[Unless you sent in money you have no say as this money was spent and the money they have now came from people like me and I, like other supporters will not have our $$$ bucks going to Mr Black.

Sure I do I have alot of say with my vote. As far as you deciding what you donated money will or will not go for you are in for a reality check here. I realize that its hard to stand critisim for your candidate, but hey it is an election eh?

Once you donated that money its his to spend with as he sees fit. you have ZERO say on that matter. Nor can you ask for refund

Your nonsense about Ron Paul being wrong has follows no logic.

Yes, questioning the ethics and morals of someone who knowingly takes campaign contributions from a neo nazi is not logical

Its our money sent in for a purpose not for you or anyone else to seize upon.

Yeah right. Why don't you go and see if you can 'get your money back" How exactly am I seizing it?

My wife and I have met Dr. Paul on several occasions and have been involved in his campaign as volunteers since 02/07 and as Hispanics never encountered any type of racism.

*Yawn* So what has this got to do with him refusing to return neo nazi money? There were hispanics at the campaign? So? Gee if they were there its all okay

Again your like the guy who tells a racist joke and then points out he has friends of that minority to make it okay. I don't care if he has the most ethnicaly diverse support base the world has ever seen. No have I EVER accused him or supporting the beliefs of neo nazi's. However, I do think the decision to keep the $$$ is moraly and ethicaly wrong. But since it seems to be all about the money..... And heck since there were Hispanics there I guess we can let this one goe

You are simply jealous of his rise in popularity.

this is like a playground discussion now. thats the best you have? Im upset because he is popular?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
well. coming from this black guy (actually an american mutt), i tend
to agree with several here, that whats really important especially in
america is that everyone has the freedom to be represented. i
personally have an inkling the $500.00 donation to Paul was a
set-up because he is attracting too much attention. media tried to ignore
him to no avail, so let the games begin. another thing. i work construction
and have found myself in several deep southern states in which my
fellow tradespeople wore the "stars and bars". after we all get to know
one another and everyone see's we all desire the same things in life,
95% of the racist crap falls by the wayside. i honestly have hope for
humanity and i'm over 50 years young. i also know for a fact that any
"spiritual" civilization from beyond see's racism as a human frailty. there
are many many civilizations of every color out there.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have a brilliant Idea!!!

I will NOT donate 500 dollars to the Ron Paul campaign.

Those who think that Ron Paul should return the other 500 dollar donation can take up a collection, then donate the proceeds to this Stormfront Group.
Everything is even, at that point.

Not quite symbolic enough though eh?
It's not about the money, it's the principle correct?

The Principle.hmmm.
How about a photo, of Ron Paul handing a check to Mr. Black.
Now THAT would be cool.....NOT..

How about Ron Paul openly, and honestly shows his disdain for these kinds of groups? And that the money is in a much better place, when out of the hands of these Neanderthals?
Would that be good enough? Would that show a principled person?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Not sure who it was that broke the story. To hear it here is all part of a MSM conspiracy to blunt the irresistable force that is Ron paul 2008

But why make this a MAJOR news story? Why, when nothing else substantial is ever made.

Ron paul could hae exersized his constitutional rights and resused the donation as well. But he chose to keep the $$$$. As with alot of things in life it sadly seems to boil down to $$$$

Then, sadly, you know or understand very little about what Ron Paul stands for. If you knew this, the answer is rather apparent.

Again how was the neo nazi's rights infringed? None of the responces have ever said he was not free to preach his hate anywhere he wants as long as he abides by the rights of everybody.

No, but the implication is that somehow this $500 donation from someone who holds this view must mean that Paul is catering to these groups.

However, that does not make paul or anyone bound to take his money.

Again, you need to recignize what Paul stands for.

Troubling yet again. So he appeals to the founder of a neo nazi group? I know I saw the speech and they have tried to spin it off on a natiolism, illegal immigrant thing, but.........

Just as I stated above. You are trying to make this distinct connection that somehow his campaign is specifically catering to these groups. As stated elsewhere, Paul appeals (or is appealing) to these groups because he stands for and defends personal liberties and freedom. And that freedom can't and should not be dictated to us as to what groups are allowed to be free.

Not his beliefs but HE still chose to keep money from neo nazi's

And there is nothing wrong with this except that you are looking at this strictly as a moral issue and not what it is truly about and that is our freedom's granted by the Constitution.

Im not sure if you understand how the donation thing usually works. Someone else offered to do this and has yet to come up with anything, or has not bothered so i invite you to do the same.

www.opensecrets.org...

Not sure what you are asking here.

Nope, but when pointed out that funds from a neo nazi were donated most would return them Paul chose not too.p

And you know this how?

Do you understand that by returning the funds Paul, in essence, could be saying to all of his supporters that "yeah, I really support the Constitution and individual liberty, just as long as it's morally acceptable to me and everyone else". Thank God freedom doesn't work this way.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Whats the pride in being in some border why would i say im proud to be german alls germany is is some border...Im white and Im proud. Does it mean I hate other races or think I am better no not at all...but Im white and proud.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
People keep telling me to "see what paul stands for". Now I may not have gone to his website and read through his self endorsements etc but in the end, his actions speak more than his words.

He may stand for all that is good and holy in this world but what he does is more credible than what he says he does.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
People keep telling me to "see what paul stands for". Now I may not have gone to his website and read through his self endorsements etc but in the end, his actions speak more than his words.

He may stand for all that is good and holy in this world but what he does is more credible than what he says he does.

Ahhh, but his actions back up his words.

How many other candidates have the priviledge of saying this!

If you choose not to research him, that's fine by me. However, don't you dare try to tell me things about this man that are categorially untrue.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well I think Who donates to RP's campaign is irrelevant in the
big picture. What is more relevant and interesting to note
is this:

Every elected U.S. President since 1950 has either been actively
a member of CFR or Bilderberg OR has been invited to their
annual meeting right before the election OR either they pick a
running mate who is a member and attends. This is a 100%
bet since 1950. So I think we need to be looking at just exactly
WHAT candidates currently belong or have ties to the these
groups AND which one of these will be invited to attend the
next meeting. As that will most probably be the next prez
or vice prez.

According to this website, the current prez candidates
who are associated are:

According to a variety of sources, the following presidential candidates are either members of one of the groups or have strong ties: Hillary Rodham Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, John McCain, John Edwards, Fred Thompson, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd and Bill Richardson.

Mike Huckabee, though not a member, spoke to the CFR in September. Since then, his political star has risen to the point that he has become a top-tier candidate.

Source

One thing I would like to note right here:

RON PAUL is NOT on the list

and with his libertarian agenda, I doubt if he will ever be on it or
attend one of it's meetings.

Now since Ron Paul is NOT on the list, then I'm gonna assume right here
that he will not be prez since their previous track record of predicting
candidates has been 100% since 1950.

I'm not saying it is impossible for Ron Paul to win the election,
I just don't think Bilderburg will allow that to happen. As we may
see another rigged election with a 10 time re-count to give the
election away to one of their own. This will be my prediction
if RP even comes close to winning. It will be stolen away from him
even if he wins.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

-- his looks, his facial expressions and his manner of speech reminds me of Bush.

A peculiar observation, but one I cannot claim to perceive. In the time it would take Bush to finish a stutter, Dr. Paul would have formed a clear and concise statement to ponder.

Now I'm understanding why so many of you are attracted to this candidate and in my view, at the present time, it's more to do with him resembling Bush in those things I just mentioned than anything this guy is saying.

The beauty of Dr. Paul lies not in his resemblance to Bush, but in his dissemblance to him. I have heard enough of each man speak to come to this conclusion for myself.

This scares me because it's clear to me that no matter what this guy says, many of you are going to along with it...

Have you considered the Ron Paul Revolution? If anyone is subjected to this movement, it is Ron Paul himself. His message is that of sense common to those who love liberty.

Perhaps I am too ignorant to understand the commotion that has been raised by Mr. Black's contribution, but his personal beliefs seem trivial to me. Neither do his principles restrict my freedoms any more than mine restrict his, nor, more importantly, do they compliment or supersede Ron Paul's.

And as a member of a best conspiracy website on the net, it would be negligent of me if I did not opine aloud what a conspiracy it would be if such commotion was not the intention of Mr. Black from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

So, basically, you're proud of the fact that your genetics mean you produce fairly little melanin? I dunno, that's kind of like being proud of being able to roll your tongue into a tube or something.
Seriously, I'm curious. What's there to instill pride?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Ahhh, but his actions back up his words.

How many other candidates have the privilege of saying this!

If you choose not to research him, that's fine by me. However, don't you dare try to tell me things about this man that are categorically untrue.

His actions dont back up his words, he takes money from Nazi's and the like to get ahead in the presidential race. He claims to espouse American traditional values but those are not the values he demonstrates.

He comes off more as a cult leader than a presidential candidate.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have offered my opinion on this situation so I will not comment further but to say that I did some checking on this news and I think I have found the origin of this information.

This site posted this information on 25OCT07

Keep in mind this was prior to candidate Paul's internet fund raising Revolution and the most recent record breaking campaign fund-raising efforts

So, I have to agree that the timing is highly suspicious, but you also have to remember that we are closing in on the time that counts, when the first round of voting begins next month in the primaries.

Combine all these factors and you can figure out why this has made the MSM.

I won't quote any of the article, it's pretty much the same as what is being reported now in the MSM, if you are interested you can check out the link:

LST: Neo-Nazi leader gives Ron Paul $500

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

There are 3 races the Caucasoid (European or "white"), the Mongoloid (which includes the Chinese, Inuit or Eskimo, and Native Americans), the Negroid (black Africans) I am proud to be a caucasoid. The rcontributions the "whites" have made to this world is immense. The white made this the civilized world and invented many of the things that we use and do today. Im proud of that. Now does that mean that other races have not contributed to society or does this mean that other races havent invented important things of course not. I know what your doing your trying to back me into some corner to make me out to be a biggot and you cant do it. I am not a believer that the only thing different about humans is the color of ones skin. From your avatar I would assume u r asian...you may or may not be but asians have a great deal to be proud of and you should be proud of who you are and dont forget it. If being proud of who u r makes a u a racist then you know what I dont know what to say.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Perhaps he is all hype and little substance? perhaps this man of the people act is simply that an act designed to raise his profile and generate $$$$. What he does not spend will stay with his campaign comittie and he can use that down the road on other endeavors.

Well this "act" have been going on for as long as he has been in Congress, over 30 years I believe. Pauls record confirms this is no act to try and get money. Nice try though. I guess the "mainstream" canidates taking large sums of money from huge corporations that have factorys in other countries where people make thier goods for pennies on the dollar in sweatshops doesn't concern you.......you are such a humanitarian.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by pompano]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
and who's to say where he got the money from?
a simple tactic give him a $1000 to give Ron Paul $500
nothing simpler

reply to post by FredT

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Perhaps these racists groups can contribute next month, in January.
I wonder how much they will pledge?

Check it out

freeatlast2008.com...

Quite the Conundrum eh?

[edit on 20-12-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
man oh man...bigunit huh??? i've read your diatribe and quite frankly,
from seeing you on the biggest loser, you are as you appeared to be.

i haven't been a member here very long but the reason i love this place
is the vast mix of humans with a very large degree of humanity, spirituality and intelligence. human history is a subject in which one should be well read in order to understand we are all just clouds in the sky. some
clouds may become as one to form another. all races on earth have over
millions of years moved, remained, resettled and formed different versions
of the same being. thats all it is. the soul in this african, american indian,
german, english vehicle is just that, a soul in a body. regarding race and
history, perhaps you are aware, you would have had a very rough time in
germany during hitlers reign. you might consider reading more earth
history.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
post by FredT

Perhaps he is all hype and little substance? perhaps this man of the people act is simply that an act designed to raise his profile and generate $$$$. What he does not spend will stay with his campaign committee and he can use that down the road on other endeavors.

Lol, and isn't that OBVIOUS! At the end of the day, it's Ron Paul who will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I wish I could think of a more heinous/repulsive group than those Nazis White Supremacist orgs out there but quite frankly, none comes to mind.

Yet this guy thinks it's just the 'cat's pajamas' to accept their donations and why not? -- he's not running for anything anyway; this to me is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join