It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

That's the first, and probably the last, time I've ever heard, or will ever hear about Ron Paul being compared similarly to Bush. Thanks for the laughs, they were much needed, and appreciated.

Ron Paul is Bush's (and all Neocon's), Republican's, and Democrat's worst nightmare; he's a Conservative Libertarian... who actually believes in the Constitution!

Originally posted by Palasheea
Now I'm understanding why so many of you are attracted to this candidate and in my view, at the present time, it's more to do with him resembling Bush in those things I just mentioned than anything this guy is saying.

You couldn't possibly be further from the truth. I'd suggest a little bit of research into Paul's beliefs, and positions (since this is the "first time" you've ever heard him speak).

I find this extremely unsettling.

Do a bit of research into his voting record, and his political beliefs, then you might understand.

I can see how it may be a bit unsettling since you've never heard him speak before now, but trust me, you're waaaay off base with your comparison here.

[edit on 12/20/07 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why should someone whom maybe a minority within a minority have no right to express their opinion? Something very contradictory about allowing minorites in the US full rights to say whatever they want but not a minority of the world a right to say such in a nation they are not the minority. Imagine a African person being told they are not to express any thoughts about "white minorities" in their society? Imagine what rights do white people have to speech or livlihood in Asian or African societies? These are the majority in this world yet somehow a "Anglo Saxon" has no right to express their opinion in their own society? Who cares if the guy seems to think we are special, take his money and use it to express an opinion otherwise.

5 billion people are living in Africa, Asia and Latin America. About 1.5 billion in North America and Europe. You do the math, whom do you think maybe the minority? Why should people that are already a majority in other parts of the world be given such exalted special status merely because they have sex and reproduce lots of people of their same heritage? Why should color even matter? But if anyone maybe considered marginalised and weakest in their view it would be this "white supremist", apparently being a black or asian supremist maybe ok if you are a minority in the US. Freedom maybe the only reason why a person of minorty status in America can exist, in these other parts of the world these people might be murdered and just oppressed. Maybe this guy could be a government op pretending to espouse these opinions to turn "liberal" minded people against Paul. An attempt to cause Republicans to be scared away by political incorectness. Political correctness maybe like a modern day lynch mob of the mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wow! Viewed the video. This is the first time I've ever seen Ron Paul talking in a video and,right off the bat, -- his looks, his facial expressions and his manner of speech reminds me of Bush. Mute that video and just watch him and you will see what I'm talking about. I'm also seeing a lot of restraint there on his part so as not to illuminate those similarities he has with Bush. He knows about that.. I'm sure. Yet, on the other hand, there's that subtle 'thing' about his delivery that wants to bring out those similarities... nevertheless, he has not balenced thing out enough to overcome his wooden-ness.... but I'm sure he's working on that...

Now I'm understanding why so many of you are attracted to this candidate and in my view, at the present time, it's more to do with him resembling Bush in those things I just mentioned than anything this guy is saying.

LOL do you really think all of Ron Paul's supporters like him because he looks like Bush?
HAHAHAH

Nope, but we all love the good Dr. for his views on how to fix the corrupt behemoth government. And we know he won't flip flip on any issue because we can look into his past eleven years as a congressman and see he is far more consistant than any other candidate out there.

This guy is the real deal

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Golack]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

99.9 percent of white supremacists are non-violent. Do not talk about situations that you have no idea about.

And where in the world do you get dead babies from?

In your haste to fire off a reply about neo nazi's 'just being one of the gang" you quoted my post and anothers somewhat sarcastic reply that included the dead baby commnet.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Ok Im going to spell this out so simple and your going to be like wow mybigunit you are correct in fact we agree totally and you are just to smart

Don't count on it but you never know

Part I First off this guy is a single citizen not a corporation or special interest group first of all. He has just as many rites as you and me....we
*SNIP*

You can go on and on with your scenarios (And what the issue you seem to have with suburbal California?) But once again, the donor was a neo nazi. Runs a a neo nazi web site. Promotes hate and intolerance. It was his right to donate, It was Ron Pauls right to accept, refuse, or give back. Given that his spin troops were ready to go, it seems to me he was prepared for it but hey ill give him the benifit of the doubt. So lets just say he found out about it and refused to return it.

He like many on the thread offered up a weak "better in my hands than thiers" so im going to keep it" Ethics and morals for sale only a $500.00 donation.....

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dirknb

What's the saying? A fool and his money are soon parted?

Seems rather appropriate for this topic, no?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirknb
White supremacists are morons, but I'd keep the money too. Ron Paul's response to this issue was right on.

So Ron Paul's response was "RIGHT ON THE MONEY"? I whole heartedly agree with you. It's all about the money. Clear as day.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
The evidence in this thread is actually quite the contrary. Ron Paul supporters are laughing at this petty scandal and we are not at all affected by the mobs of indoctrinated people lapping this media-fed nonsense up.

Your killing me here. Oh the irony. You realize that you also fit that very definition / lable you are slapping on us right? Judging by the tone and opinions of many or Ron's minions on this very thread its pretty much calling an apple and apple

We may be a bigger mob than you but you are no less indoctrinated and you lap it up just as enthusiasticaly as the next person.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Every person in America has the right to vote for the candidate which represents them best. I bet every single person alive that supports politicians has performed an action or have a personality trait that the politician would not agree with. So really, this is ridiculous. We all had the right to have and voice our own believes but not so much anymore... If what you have to say is not popular... it seems your encouraged not to say it... Oh well. I hope my beliefs never collide with the popular belief in the future. I am sure it wont, even if it did I wouldn't want to be able to voice that unpopular belief anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Mr Black may face the same problems a Black man in Harlem may face 1400 miles away.

Liberty is a cause that unifies all.

Mr Black is a product of an America which creates situations that produce hate AKA the establishment program.

Besides this happened a long time ago and I am sure that the money is spent and since I have given Ron Paul's campaign about $500 I would be pissed to know that it may be my money going from Ron Paul to Mr Black
It takes extraordinary integrity to make that decision.

Blacks and Whites and Hispanics and Asians all working together and having a great time doing it.

83,003 Members in 1,398 Meetup Groups, 8,219 waiting for a Meetup Group
Totally eclipsing what ANY other candidate has has.

At the meetups the racial makeup of his supporters is extraordinary.

I even have pics.

Bottom Line is that Dr. Paul did no wrong and this is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to smear his name.

P.S It was great to see Mr Cavuto get pounded.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So Ron Paul's response was "RIGHT ON THE MONEY"? I whole heartedly agree with you. It's all about the money. Clear as day.

It pretty clear it is about the money. Seems Mr. paul is no different that the rest of the bloodsuckers running.

As far other candidates taking neo nazi money, one guy confidently predicted he could find something on everybody. I gave him the link and yet silence. So where is the data Mr. BigUnit?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
It is funny that the media will give coverage to a 500 dollar donation to Paul. But turn a blind eye to Hillary somehow pulling in 500k in questionable donations from Chinatown.

You are sadly mistaken.
CNN did cover the story and yes Hilary did return the donations.

Hilary returns donations

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SButlerv2
Besides this happened a long time ago and I am sure that the money is spent and since I have given Ron Paul's campaign about $500 I would be pissed to know that it may be my money going from Ron Paul to Mr Black
It takes extraordinary integrity to make that decision.

What integrity is involved in keeping the money from a neo nazi? What ethical priciple did he reinforce, what great moral stand did he make? Or rather was it truly all about the money no matter what the source?

At the meetups the racial makeup of his supporters is extraordinary.

I even have pics.

This sounds alot like "You know I have a friend who is (Insert ethnic group here)" Its great to hear he has such broad based support. How does this tie in with him taking money from neo nazi's?

Bottom Line is that Dr. Paul did no wrong and this is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to smear his name.

He did nothing wrong in a legal sence, but its the ethical and moral implications I find troubling.

P.S It was great to see Mr Cavuto get pounded.

about the only thing you and I agree upon. Its always nice to see pompus talking heads taken down a peg or three.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

So you think its ok to take my $500.00 or funds of another supporter and turn it over to a white supremacist ?

Unless you donated I don't see how this could concern you unless you are here to sling dirt and from the look of your comments that is what you are here to do.

Ron Paul is no doubt more respected, loved and than you are and as you come here to attack him let us ask who are you ?

What have you done that leads you to believe that anyone who would read your words and zippy one liners and say gosh this guy is right as it all smells of rubbish.

Your ignorance would be comical if it were not so sad.

[edit on 20/12/2007 by SButlerv2]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Answer me this: How did this story make its way into the news? Who gave it to the media? Who was screening who donated?

Again, NGC2736 said it very well. If one propses to hold the highest elected office and, thereby, swear to uphold the principles laid down by our founding fathers, then you must understand that there was nothing "wrong" with accepting that donation.

Our 1st ammendment gives freedom of speech to all men. That is to say, that all viewpoints no matter how despicable or morally offensive, are free to be expressed within the confines of this ammendment. Paul has clearly emphasized his complete non-agreement with this person's views. But, this person has EVERY RIGHT to express those views. Would you want it any other way? Would you feel better if only groups that you feel are MORALLY acceptable to you are allowed to donate to the candidate of their choice? Is that how a Republic should function?

Secondary to this, this donor stated why he gave the money which was based on Paul's beliefs.

This is truly absurd. How can ANYONE look at this story than anything else than a spike piece by the MSM. Tell me how many positive stories have been done about Paul. Most stories deal with statistics, like how much money he raised in a day or how his "people" are "spamming" polls. Show me a MSM piece that positively deals with Paul's views, such as bringing the troops home or reducing the size of government. I believe Peggy Noonan did a positive piece on Paul a few months back. However, most of these pieces are written from a "is this guy serious?" standpoint. If they could print Paul's pieces next to someone who claimed they were abducted by aliens they would.

But, look at the news today. Guess who's trying to get a story spiked....McCain! What did Paul do, nothing. He knew there wasn't anything wrong and he confronted the issue when asked. His response couldn't have been any more perfect.

If you folks find this donor morally repugnant, fine. But do so based on his beliefs, not Dr. Paul's.

Again, if you want to be FAIR, start looking at whose donating to all of the other candidates. I bet you won't find many willing to publically disclose who's donating. And why would that be?

Do you seriously think that funds fom donors you might find morally reprehensible haven't flowed into the coffers of the other candidates. Sure they have, you just don't know it.

Congratulations for playing right into the hands of the MSM. Let this be a wake-up call to you. Do you really want YOUR RIGHTS or do you want the RIGHTS that THEY tell you can have?

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SButlerv2
So you think its ok to take my $500.00 or funds of another supporter and turn it over to a white supremacist ?

It all goes into his burgening war chest. How do you know where it came from and from whom? Heck for all we know based on the pattern established, it could even be from another neo nazi.

Unless you donated I don't see how this could concern you unless you are here to sling dirt and from the look of your comments that is what you are here to do.

He is running for president. Most people here have gone to great lengths defending the neo nazi's right to free speech and donate money. Heck I even agreed with them on that part. However, it was also pauls rights to give the money back which he did not. Speaks to his ethical and moral charecter.

Ron Paul is no doubt more respected, loved and than you are and as you come here to attack him let us ask who are you ?

YEAH well my daddy can kick your daddies butt. Shhesh this is one of the most childish retorts I have seen in some time.

Your ignorance would be comical if it were not so sad.

Trust me not its nearly as funny as yours

[edit on 12/20/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You have to remember it is ONLY $500 we are talking about, not tens of thousands or a million!

These quotes are captions to pictures of Bill & Hillary Clinton with contributers.
SOURCE

This is the second of the two photographs that the Justice Department was confiscating after it was learned that Jorge, who had donated $20,000 to the Clintons, was a major coc aine smuggler.

These two photographs appear to be taken on different occasions, suggesting that Jorge may have contributed on more than one occasion.

Here we have a photo taken at an official DNC fundraiser with Bill and Hillary posed with Ng Lap Seng, Macau Crime Lord who controls Prostitution in that region. His Fortuna Hotel is actually a high class bordello where young girls (often underage) are available for a price. Ng, through his American contact Charlie Trie, donated close to a million dollars to the Democrats.

It's not like Paul is hobnobbing with these people at his fundraisers!

The money was sent to him from a US citizen who isn't a criminal (that we know of) at least!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Answer me this: How did this story make its way into the news? Who gave it to the media? Who was screening who donated?

Not sure who it was that broke the story. To hear it here is all part of a MSM conspiracy to blunt the irresistable force that is Ron paul 2008

If one propses to hold the highest elected office and, thereby, swear to uphold the principles laid down by our founding fathers, then you must understand that there was nothing "wrong" with accepting that donation.

Ron paul could hae exersized his constitutional rights and resused the donation as well. But he chose to keep the $$$$. As with alot of things in life it sadly seems to boil down to $$$$

Our 1st ammendment gives freedom of speech to all men. That is to say, that all viewpoints no matter how despicable or morally offensive, are free to be expressed within

Again how was the neo nazi's rights infringed? None of the responces have ever said he was not free to preach his hate anywhere he wants as long as he abides by the rights of everybody.

However, that does not make paul or anyone bound to take his money.

Secondary to this, this donor stated why he gave the money which was based on Paul's beliefs.

Troubling yet again. So he appeals to the founder of a neo nazi group? I know I saw the speech and they have tried to spin it off on a natiolism, illegal immigrant thing, but.........

If you folks find this donor morally repugnant, fine. But do so based on his beliefs, not Dr. Paul's.

Not his beliefs but HE still chose to keep money from neo nazi's

Again, if you want to be FAIR, start looking at whose donating to all of the other candidates. I bet you won't find many willing to publically disclose who's donating. And why would that be?

Im not sure if you understand how the donation thing usually works.
Someone else offered to do this and has yet to come up with anything, or has not bothered so i invite you to do the same.

www.opensecrets.org...

Do you seriously think that funds fom donors you might find morally reprehensible haven't flowed into the coffers of the other candidates. Sure they have, you just don't know it.

Nope, but when pointed out that funds from a neo nazi were donated most would return them Paul chose not too.

[edit on 12/20/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Unless you sent in money you have no say as this money was spent and the money they have now came from people like me and I, like other supporters will not have our $$$ bucks going to Mr Black.

Your nonsense about Ron Paul being wrong has follows no logic.

Its our money sent in for a purpose not for you or anyone else to seize upon.

My wife and I have met Dr. Paul on several occasions and have been involved in his campaign as volunteers since 02/07 and as Hispanics never encountered any type of racism.

This is ineffective mudslinging and I wonder how many volumes of dirt we could all produce on the other candidates?

You are simply jealous of his rise in popularity.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
You have to remember it is ONLY $500 we are talking about, not tens of thousands or a million!

So the $500 is okay but $10,000 from a neo nazi would bug you. Is that your personal moral and ethical price? Is that the dollar figure you can be bought for?

As far as the Clintons go, they hands down are among the most corrupt shaddy people this country has ever seen and we will be far better off whent hey retire.

But that does not mean paul is a better answer or the solution.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join