It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Your going to have to deduct me points cause this is short..who is they?

Why would I, that adds to the topic.

The Powers That Be. Halliburtan(sp) The Military Industrial Complex. The $4000 hammer. Those that have REAL power. Not the president.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh, you are right, Intrepid.

The point I'm trying to make is that Mr. Paul is apparently not a whole lot different, if at all, from the other candidates, on both sides.

He makes a big production out of how different he's going to be, then takes money from whereever, and whomever, gives it to him. With out seeming to care. Though he did care enough to attempt to spin it to his advantage.

That's my whole point.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh, I got it loud and clear. It truly baffles me that this is an "issue" at all.

As I said earlier; "This is nothing more than media hype. It's the Howard Dean "scream" of '08, and it has absolutely nothing to do with his (Ron Paul's) political beliefs, or his proposed policies. This is nothing more than MSM ad hominem mudslinging at its worst."

The sad part is that people are truly buying into it too. :shk:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
However, a politician to whom apperances are 90% of everything, to appear to tolerate something of this nature hurts him. Evidence is this thread itself.

The evidence in this thread is actually quite the contrary. Ron Paul supporters are laughing at this petty scandal and we are not at all affected by the mobs of indoctrinated people lapping this media-fed nonsense up.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Hmmmmm I dont think I can disagree with you one bit there....thats kinda what i was saying in my post made out to fredt on page 10 its the big boys we have to worry about....

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Hmmmmm I dont think I can disagree with you one bit there....thats kinda what i was saying in my post made out to fredt on page 10 its the big boys we have to worry about....

Exactly. I've been studying politics worldwide for over 35 years and the best way I could put American politics is, "Presidents aren't elected, they are allowed."

Feel free to use that, it's apt imo.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
God... I find it ridiculous that any normal person, other than the Fox News crew, actually think it was wrong for Paul to keep the money.

Let me make this clear...

The ONLY way Paul's integrity would be hurt, is if he DIDN'T come out and pubically state that he DOES NOT endorse Mr. Black's vews and beliefs.

Ron Paul made it clear, MANY TIMES, he DOES NOT endorse ANY racist organization, group or individual's. Therefore the whole entire accusation of Dr. Paul being 'immmoral' is just stupid and complete utter nonsense.

I quote this part of the interview between Cavuto and Dr. Paul. If you still think after reading it, that Paul was wrong... then debating this topic is completely pointless -- because no amount of logic will convince you.

PAUL: It is probably already spent. Why give it back to him and use it for bad purposes?

You know, I don't even know his name. I never heard of it. You know, when you get 57,000 donations a day, are we supposed to screen them and find out their beliefs? He sent the money for my beliefs. And if he is promoting my viewpoints and my attitudes, why give it back to him if he has bad viewpoints?

And I don't endorse anything that he endorses or what anybody endorses. They come to me to endorse freedom and the Constitution and limited government. So, I see no purpose for me to start screening everybody that sends me money. I mean, it is impossible to do it. It is a ridiculous idea that I am supposed to screen these people.

www.foxnews.com...

CAVUTO: All right.

------------------------------------------
Replaced quote with 'ex' tags for external material

please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The sad part is that people are truly buying into it too. :shk:

I think, in a good way, this 'scandal' is only going to affect non-supporters. They hate Ron Paul because he is the antithesis to their cookie-cutter corporate favorites. It's a popularity contest and they are simply indoctrinated to accept the slanders fed to them by television etc. Ron Paul supporters are already on board and have turned a blind eye to the medias trickery altogether... so it has only done more to divide integrity.

Keep in mind, that there are a good amount of Democratic supporters who dislike Ron Paul because he is a Republican. In a way, I feel bad for these people because I was a Democrat myself, until I realized that John Kerry and Bill Clinton were actually in the same NWO boat as George Bush. People are having a hard time making the leap from one party to the other, and it makes it easier for them to be affected by petty non-issues like this individual donation.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm going to try one more time...then I gotta go to bed so I'll be bright and shiney for work tonight...

In politics, particularly national level, apperances are everything, period. Not a hair out of place, groomed to perfection. Donations are the same. The days of mystery donations from persons unknown are gone. People will find out, and more importantly will tell everyone else.

It doesn't matter how much the donations are, or whether or not its an organization, or individual. What matters is the individual is a rascist, and people, rightly or wrongly, will make that connection. Personally, I no more believe Ron Paul is a rascist, than his most avid supporter. But people are going to make the connection true or not. That is why, he must needs be absolutely squeaky clean.

If he wants to portray himself as different, he needs to BE different. That's all I'm trying to say.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

"Presidents aren't elected, they are allowed."

Wow thats some deep stuff there. I may just use that in the future

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

That's why he needs to be absolutely unimpeachable. I dare say that most of us herein are a bit more informed than your average voter, at least I hope so.

We know that he in no way endorses this sort of thing, but does the average voter?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
God... I find it ridiculous that any normal person, other than the Fox News crew, actually think it was wrong for Paul to keep the money.

It would appear so, yet if you consider who is indoctrinating the 'normal' or average person in America, it IS FOX News, CNN, HeadlineNews, etc. In a way, I am not surprised that people are making a big deal at all : they have been taught to further the medias agenda and cultivate any scandal etc. that is pushed on them. They might not even personally care who is donating to Ron Paul (as I said earlier): it is simply a convenient way for them to play down Ron Pauls integrity and feel better about their own endorsement of coorporate shills.

Correct?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

In politics, particularly national level, apperances are everything, period. Not a hair out of place, groomed to perfection.

This is the paradigm that you has been taught and needs to be broken. This is why people want to elect Mitt Romney for being handsome, or Obama for being black. They are entirely manipulated by the image is everything idea, which is why they cannot look past Ron Paul and his small stature, goofy smile, he is a CHARACTER - not a cookie cutter candidate.

Appearance is not everything. The political atmosphere in America is poisoned because George Bush hoodwinked the Christian and conservative population with HIS appearance - and it was all a charade. I know Christians who are now convinced that G.W. is the antichrist and I know conservatives who now call him a Nazi. Appearance overwhelmed their original judgements.

Ron Paul refuses to manipulate his image and Ron Paul supporters are not interested in character assassination or petty scandals.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I, personally, broke out of that particular mold long ago. No worries for me. However, that is most definitely not the case for the majority of would be/will be voters, sad to say. They are going to go on appearances, and this donation whilst perfectly legal, and unlikely to influence, will not be forgotten by many voters. That's just the sad truth of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Just a question. What brings you pride for being "white"? Not o to put you down or anything, I could see pride in one's Irish heritage, or Danish, or what have you, but "white"? That's the big trouble with "white pride" in America - whites in this country have no real common origin. Someone descended from the Mayflower families is just as white as someone who came from Scotland in the mid-19th century, who is just as white as the kid who's parents are recent Estonian immigrants. "White" is meaningless in America, as a cultural definition to take pride in. In comparison, the vast majority of American blacks DO share a commonality of cultural heritage that they can, as a body, point to and take pride in, if they want.

So what is it that makes you proud to be white?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I guess you have never met a Ron Paul supporter.

We are much too bright for that.

Care to comment on Hillary's mysterious $165 million

Do not tell me that is not what should be investigated.

She may be taking money from "hezbollah" but I guess we will never know since unlike Ron Paul she does not fully disclose who gives her money

Ask your self what can you buy with $165,000,000 ?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I don't know about everyone else but I wouldn't turn down free money, regardless of its source, unless accepting it was ridiculously illegal, but in this case it isn't. I wish Ron Paul would win, but I really don't put that much faith in the American people as a whole, or the accuracy of the vote (considering who pulls the strings in this country)... Unless ordinary folks start standing against government corruption we're just going to get more of the same...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium

Originally posted by promomag
Why not take a listen yourself to what Ron Paul says about the Donation:

www.youtube.com...

I think he defended himself well in this video and find it amusing what a controversy this donation is exaggerated to be. A single man, not an organization, donated five-hundred dollars to Ron Paul whose beliefs could be no more dissimilar. I agree with Dr. Paul that if he were to return the money then it would appear that he endorses Mr. Black's beliefs as the money may well already be spent and well invested.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Mephorium]

Wow! Viewed the video. This is the first time I've ever seen Ron Paul talking in a video and,right off the bat, -- his looks, his facial expressions and his manner of speech reminds me of Bush. Mute that video and just watch him and you will see what I'm talking about. I'm also seeing a lot of restraint there on his part so as not to illuminate those similarities he has with Bush. He knows about that.. I'm sure. Yet, on the other hand, there's that subtle 'thing' about his delivery that wants to bring out those similarities... nevertheless, he has not balenced things (his act) out enough to overcome his wooden-ness.... but I'm sure he's working on that though.. no doubt about it.

Now I'm understanding why so many of you are attracted to this candidate and in my view, at the present time, it's more to do with him resembling Bush in those things I just mentioned than anything this guy is saying.

This scares me because it's clear to me that no matter what this guy says, many of you are going to along with it because our world has changed so much over the past few years, that familiarity is weirdly comforting to you regardless that it was Bush and company who had a lot to do with those changes that have turned our world upside down. In short, you want change but you don't want to change the LEADER.

So if he says that the reason why he's keeping the money that that nazis guy gave to him is because at least that $500 will be better spent in his campaign than Black using it in his organization to spread his propaganda, regardless that that's the most ludicrous answer anyone can use to twist and contort things to avoid giving the money back ... it's also VERY Machiavellian!! Get me the smelling salts!! -- many of you are so sold on this guy's candidacy, you can't see the hills beyond the trees!

I find this extremely unsettling.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SButlerv2

Not to answer for FredT...ok I will.

If those donations are coming from the same sorts that contributed so heavily to her hubbies campaigns then hell yes there should be investigations.

My only issue with Mr. Pauls accepting this donation is the apperance factor. It just doesn't look good. Nothing illegal, nothing below board, it just looks tacky, and illjudged.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
White supremacists are morons, but I'd keep the money too. Ron Paul's response to this issue was right on.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join