It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Fish!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Whoa, look at this article

news.bbc.co.uk...

Personally, I think the guy needs some medication. Either that or they found Nemo!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
All hail Nemo!

It is amazing that both of them heard this though, and its well needed, the end is Nigh! Its quite evident.

It instructed him to pray and study the Torah, but Mr Rosen admitted that in a state of panic he attempted to kill the fish, injuring himself in the process and ending up in hospital.

This is one qirky article.

Deep

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thus Big Mouth Billy Bass is born...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Two brothers are out for the day in their tin boat. The first one hooks into a big one, fights it for a half hour or so and when the fish finally tires he brings it to the boat. it is the drop-dead oddest fish they have ever seen. before they can drop it into the cooler the fish says, "I'm an enchanted fish and if you'll let me go I'll grant your any wish."

Well the boys are a bit skeptical but they decide he's too ugly to eat so they drop the fish over the gunnel. looking up from the lake, the fish says "ok, what will it be???"

Before having time to think the first brother says, "all right, turn the lake into budweiser!"

Before you know it POOF! The lake turns into a foaming vat of beer.

"Now why did you go and do a damn fool thing like that" the other brother says, "Now we'll have to pee in the boat!!!!"

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i thought i heard my dinner talk to me last night.............

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

poor lil guy

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yummy! Sushi!
Come here Nemo...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my goldfish was terribly distraught when I shared this story with him. He said. "Surely the end is near!"

He also told me that:

"the men will face terrible strife and hardships for the remainder of their lives for the slaughter of the only hebrew speaking fish. "

now it makes me wonder which of the men slaughtered the fish, the christian or jew?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That was an excellent story. A fish talks to you. You freak. You then kill the fish. And sell it. Somehow I wouldn't be too surprised if the police ended up busting a meth lab next door.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Lol, I think I would keep it as a pet.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
LOL-I really liked this story!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
'Tzaruch shemirah' means need guarding or youll need guarding 'Hasof bah',means the end is near,

thats just my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, but it's been posted before.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This actually was in the press nearly a year ago if I recall. When I first read it I thought that it was either some sort of satire or maybe an article from the Weekly World News. Interestingly enough it was in actual news sources.

When I asked some residents of New Square they mentioned the following few points.

1) The worker understood Yiddish because of his experience working with the Hasidic community, however Hasidic Jews do not ever speak Hebrew conversationally so he would not have understood the fish's "words". Hasidic Jews call Hebrew "Lashon HaKodesh" , the holy language, and are prohibited from conversing in it, and any use other than Prayer and learning the Bible etc. As the story goes the fish uttered two hebrew phrases when only the worker was around. When the Jewish man came back it said other phrases. The residents of the town who I spoke to did not comprehend how Mr. Nivelo would understand the initial two phrases.

2) Reincarnation as an animal is more of a Kabbalistic theory including a fairly well known one about the Cats in the historic Israeli town of Safed (Tzfat) being reincarnated humans. When I was in that city I was, of course, drawn to find some truth in this. What I found was a complete lack of fear in the cats of humans. Usually when a person approaches a stray cat they stick around for a moment being inquisitive, and then run away scared. These cats don't move, in fact they actually will sometimes just approach you as though you're their owner of 20 years. Does that mean they're reincarnated people, I dunno. Maybe they're just used to people being around. Either way the concept is an old Kabbalistic one.

In essence, the concept brought about by this story is a possible one, according to the devout Jews of the community. Most of them however viewed it with a great degree of skepticism.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
That was an excellent story. A fish talks to you. You freak. You then kill the fish. And sell it. Somehow I wouldn't be too surprised if the police ended up busting a meth lab next door.

Yeah, even with the best drugs Ive ever had, no animals have ever spoken to me.
Im jealous

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Very strange story. Take heed, the fish have spoken!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Most of them however viewed it with a great degree of skepticism.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Djarums]

Yah think?

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I dont need a jewish fish to tell me the end is near, i already know that...

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Two words.

Tartar sauce.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We aint scared of talking fish here in arkansas......now talking goats are another matter........ they spread lies about you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join