It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want This for Christmas!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I Was looking at all sorts of toys online trying to see what Kids are getting for Christmas these days and I just found something awsome.
Check it out!!!

www.isobotrobot.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
20 years ago as a kid I would dream about owning/building a robot after seeing the Movie (Short Circut) Ya know, Johnny 5? Anyway since I was obsessed my parents decided to go all out that Christmas and get me Radio Shack's Robie SR. members.aol.com...

About a week before Christmas my old man decided to try him out while I was asleep. He accidentally set the alarm and woke me up, I seriously thought aliens had landed and ran up stairs to see what was going on. Luckly my mom grabbed me before I could see what it was HAHA!!
Aww Memorys, God only knows how many hours of pure fun I got out of that robot, I wish I still had Robie. After a few years he stoped working and my old man tried to fix em but ended up just taking him apart, we ended up chucking poor Robie in the garbage cause we couldnt put him back together

Seriously though.. Id take Robie over I-sobot anyday!

[edit on 20-12-2007 by The_Crimson_King]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You know though, we have practical machinery that do specific tasks much the way a robot would and man has just taken advantage of it to make some people money and free up labor for other tasks. It has not benefited many people in a leisurely way, only a minority.

I will get excited about robots when I can count on having a full life without working much because of them. But a fully automated society goes against having a growing economy, because it frees up earning money - therefore no one to tax, and then the governments fail. See robots will only be useful to the average person in ways they were intended when the social-economic system is dead.

Maybe it can bring you a beverage from the refrigerator, though. That might be nice.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thats what Im talking about!!

Back in the 80's companies like Tomy and Radio Shack started coming out with Omnibots Like Robie Sr. thinking that soon everybody would have one in their house doing simple tasks. But it didnt catch on as they thought it would.

Although I think that this new robot is cool, It cant really do stuff for you except entertain you with lil tricks and stuff. Maybe fetch you your pak of cigarettes? haha. For $300 bucks they could of at least made it so that you can project your voice through its speaker or built it big enough to get you a beer from the fridge. Although if they did, it would probably sell for like $1000 bucks
Its still a pretty cool toy though

[edit on 20-12-2007 by The_Crimson_King]

top topics

join