It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA: War with Iran in the offing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ex-CIA: War with Iran in the offing

rinf.com

Ray McGovern said Monday despite a recent National Intelligence Estimate conceding that Iran is not conducting a nuclear weapons program, a joint US and Israeli war on the Islamic Republic is likely to happen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel: U.S. Iran Report May Cause War

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
After the intelligence report saying they wre no longer developing nuclear weapons, I find out about this! I just don't know what to think!

I know that Bush really wants Iran, but a recent intel report says they're not a nuclear threat and don't want to become one. But I'm sure Bush will say it's all wrong when he decides to invade and say he needs to stop Iranian funding of Iraq insurgents as well as his nuclear card.

Just one question Bush, will we find WMD or WMD labs in Iran? I hope you're better at planting some evidence this time.

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think there was just too much buzz about war with Iran, and not enough justification. So, the administration pulls a new 'report' out of it's bum, to quell the masses.

Affirmative Action gets Obama elected. Obama gets assassinated before he's able to take office. "National Emergency" ensues, keeping dubya in play. The crafty Texan determines that Iran is behind the assassination after a "suspect", under no duress, "confesses" he was contract by Iran. Combine the "confession" with "warnings" issued by Israel prior to the assassination, and the American public will swallow the bait hook line and sinker. Voila. War with Iran, and Bushes favorite executive orders enacted in one swing.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A thought that's crossed my mind more than once is that Russia and China are using Iran to focus our attention away from a much larger and more dangerous threat. That threat being from Russia and China, or possible from the entire SCO. Ahmadinejad is almost cartoonish in his taunting of us, perhaps he is being directed by his more powerful associates in Russia and/or China. Since we seem perfectly willing to go stumbling into one adventure after another, dumping cash, weapons, and military personnel on one pointless mission after the next. Our real enemies, Russia and China are smiling while they strengthen their militaries and store away the cash. Once they have us completely spread all over the world, completely broke and our military in a state of disarray and ill moral, not to mention the broken down worn out equipment, they will be free to have their way with us.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't know. I'm not buying it. I believe there is a major rift between the intelligence community and BushCo because of how they've been sold-out on so many occasions and made to look like idiots. I also believe there is a major rift between BushCo and the military. This is evident from statements by recently retired generals. It seems to me that BushCo is losing friends within the government fast and may not have the players necessary to pull this off.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
War with Iran would not surprise me at all right now.

what with the dwindling food stocks;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The continuing monetary problem;

And now the possibility of a TB epidemic;

Tie all that in with bird flu and any other crisis you care to consider, you could have yourselves a very real problem.

But, ask yourself this, why go to war with all this trouble going on?

My answer would be that it is an opportune moment considering the possible plan of reducing the global population;

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

What is crazy is there is actually people who get paid to brainstorm like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
My answer would be that it is an opportune moment considering the possible plan of reducing the global population;

How would a single war reduce the population by a massive amount? There are faw more efficient ways of doing it that are easier as well. Unless you think that warriong Iran would triger more worldwide conflicts.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No, this has nothing to do with reduction in population. It would be nice if it were that simple, the lines would be drawn pretty clear as to who we persecute for planning the war... it's not.

War is profitable. It's an old saying, but it still rings true to this day. The US military has way too much old hardware stacked up to justify buying much of the new stuff. Much of the current administration either owns or is friends with owners of military contracts to build military hardware.

Hence, the more they destroy of their own hardware, the more they can sell... the more they sell, the more they make.

How do you destroy your old hardware? Well, place US troops in them and send them to be shot at.

Who's paying for it? You are. lol.
Not only are your taxes paying for these people to stay in your government and revoke your rights... you are paying to have your son's and daughters shot at so Bush and Chaney can get rich every time they have to replace that battered and blood filled hum-vee, tank, apc, etc.

Bush and Chaney are the obvious guilty ones. But we have to pin down the ones who dealt with them as well. We have to go through the entire line of transactions and nail each and every single one of them to the wall... make them pay like no human has ever paid for a crime before!

new topics

top topics

join