It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Would The World Elect for U.S president? [POLL]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Who Would The World Elect for U.S president? [POLL]

www.whowouldtheworldelect.com

As of today ron paul is clearly the winner here at the WhoWouldTheWorldElect.com poll with more than double the votes of even the second place winner (Barack Obama)

Some will of course ask if it’s faked… If I actually am part of the ron paul campaign, or even if the very resourceful ron paul’ers out there have figured out how to rig the system.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Amazing.

www.whowouldtheworldelect.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Who Would The World Elect? Really a pointless question, since only those in the United States of America have any say-so in the matter. How is this news?

No! Not "Amazing".

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Its going to be so great when Ron Paul gets so many votes that even when they put "the fix" in it wont matter. I hope he blindsides the other candidates.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As I noted in another thread, at least Israel & Iran can agree on something... Ron Paul 4 Prez 08

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Who Would The World Elect? Really a pointless question, since only those in the United States of America have any say-so in the matter. How is this news?

No! Not "Amazing".

Oh I dunno. Don't you think its representative of how the world views the current US administration? By the look of it they think that Ron Paul's way of doing things is going to be better for them.

That means that theres a fairly dim view of current US policies.

Lets not forget, that in the global village, what goes down in the US affects us all.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I pretty much agree, with one proviso - if Bush were to stay in office (any of the Bush family) it may not be long before the rest of the world HAD to vote

Personally, I'd vote for arnie - although that's not possible - you know what you get with him, the end of the world terminator style

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is only slightly more relevant than the question "What would you do if you had $1,000,000?" It's just speculation. Besides, exit polls in the U.S. are shown to be innacurate. I seriously doubt that this poll has any bearing on how the election will turn out.

We haven't even had the Iowa primary yet. Even in the U.S. it's jumping the gun to say who you want as president. No one knows who the candidates are going to be.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lol fine, put your fingers in your ears and whistle dixie while the world shows unanimous support for your tentative last hope

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I came across this earlier, but didn't post it as I didn't know enough about it.

Anyone else who does, feel free

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Oh I dunno. Don't you think its representative of how the world views the current US administration? By the look of it they think that Ron Paul's way of doing things is going to be better for them.

The reason for that is their naive interpretations of the policies of Ron Paul and also the wishes of the American people. It means that the world doesnt agree with US policies but in the same vein the US doesnt agree with a lot of the world's policies, including the funding and upkeep of the defunct UN. Also the world's view is not necessarily the right view. Its just their opinion.

Even though the world might claim to be a "global village" the fact is that America being a sovereign nation, its fate can only be decided based on its needs and by its citizens. Not by pandering to the opinions of the Europeans or the Australians etc because the major concerns for the US are internal rather than external. The world's opinion of who should be president is rather pointless as it would be equal to some American's opinion of who should be the king of England or the prime-minister of Australia.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by IAF101]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Not by pandering to the opinions of the Europeans or the Australians etc because the major concerns for the US are internal rather than external.

Lets hope the Israelis keep their noses out as well then, huh?

(set yourself up for that one I'm afraid)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If you're speaking of Ron Paul, I can tell you that he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected. He'll be out of the picture completely as soon as the first primary is over.

The world picking Ron Paul is one of the best signs that the U.S. will not pick Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Not by pandering to the opinions of the Europeans or the Australians etc because the major concerns for the US are internal rather than external.

Lets hope the Israelis keep their noses out as well then, huh?

(set yourself up for that one I'm afraid)

The Israelis arent even an issue this election cycle. And besides, it isnt so much the Israelis as it is the overwhelming support amongst Americans in Israel that leads to favorable policy towards Israel. Thats not the case with the UK or the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The Israelis arent even an issue this election cycle.

I don't recall a time when they were ever an issue. No one talks about Israel in television ads, or campaign promises. Did you hear Israel mentioned in the debates? It's all about Iraq, Iran, Roe v Wade, crime, immigration, and the federal budget.

Are you tough on defense?
Hard on crime?
Will you secure the borders?
Would you invade Iran?
Will you increase taxex/spending?
What's your view on abortion?

There. I've just summed up all the major talking points. You won't find any mention of Israel. I don't know what the rest of the world thinks, but that is never an issue.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
this doesn't mean anything and isn't a necessary reflection of reality. how many people actually found this website? think about it for a second, internet polls aren't really a reflection of real life.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Oh, I dunno. It's a tough one for me. I'll point out who I like though

Hilary Clinton - what her and Bill did for Northern Ireland, my country, is something I will never forget. My parents fled cause of the violence.

Bill Richardson - His policies are so great, sensible and very moderate. Heard him speaking a few times (via CNN and YouTube), great to listen too.

Mitt Romney - I'm not conservative and never will be (Proud liberal me), But Romney understands business and would be excellent with the economy.

Christine Smith - The girlie running for the Libertarian nomination. Okay, I'm bias...I know her and have spoken to her many times
(Is that a good enough reason?)

top topics

join