It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president calls U.S. dollar 'worthless'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Sunday that OPEC’s members have expressed interest in converting their cash reserves into a currency other than the depreciating U.S. dollar, which he called a “worthless piece of paper.”

“They get our oil and give us a worthless piece of paper,”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Seems like Mahmoud would be a voter for Ron Paul...lol

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems to me that the most logical solution to the problem is for Iran to just stop selling the U.S. oil. I mean, if the dollar is worthless, they don't have to take it. Sounds like baby's crying because they don't like mama's teat, but they still need the milk.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They don't NEED the milk. Plenty of tits out there. The dollar is collapsing. Wait till we have to use Euro's to buy Iranian oil.

Talk about having troubles..

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sounds to me like 'nohup' is a little scared that his precious dollar and economy might slowly be sliding down that drain. *tears*

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I mean, if the dollar is worthless, they don't have to take it.

They don't sell oil in Dollars...

Source

8th of December

TEHRAN (AFP) — Major crude producer Iran has completely stopped carrying out its oil transactions in dollars, Oil Minister Gholam Hossein Nozari said on Saturday, labelling the greenback an "unreliable" currency.

I am pretty sure the US does not import oil directly from Iran. However, oil is sold on the stock exchange as oil, there's no possibility to buy Saudi or Iranian oil on the stock exchange.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I don't know if you've heard this but the SCO is now the primary investor in Iranian oil. They don't need us anymore, as it seems. Things are getting worse and worse for us, and for good reason.

new topics

top topics

join