It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Ron Paul phenomenon be a trap?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Let me start by saying I wholeheartedly agree with the message that Ron Paul brings us. Listening to him speak, it really touches me on an emotional level, like a spark a hope, the burning desire to live free and be free. Many people are seeming to be affected on an emotional level.

But who hear has heard the saying "If it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't" (or something like that) What concerns me, people are becoming passionate about this fellow, I felt it myself. Now most of here have figured out that presidents are selected, not elected (we found that one out in our faces the first time Bush ran for president and won. I don't think people were so passionate about Kerry as they are now for Paul. I have an uneasy feeling about the whole thing.

OK, fictional scenario:
Ron Paul is elected President
Makes moves to dismantle the Fed
Gets assassinated
The public gets really ticked
Massive protesting breaks out
MARTIAL LAW is declared to quell the civil unrest
The list of those who oppose big government is readily available, ie
who voted for Ron Pau.

I don't know, everything looks all rosy from the outside, but somthing just isn't right.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ron Paul is sooo last month. We are all about Alan Keyes now...didn't you know?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumb Human Response

Welcome to ATS. Some hilarious responses in some threads there.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh yeah this thread really took off.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viszet Oki
Oh yeah this thread really took off.

I wish I had a sawbuck for every thread I've had that took off with the same flight characteristics as this one. I could buy a new computer.

On topic. The future is very unpredictable, but I doubt it would turn out exactly that way.

First off, the PTB would do what they always have if he were elected, and that is to try and "turn" him. They have a long standing policy of buying politicians, and I doubt they would give up on a tried and true method without giving it a chance. Also, bribing has the least amount of real risk involved.

If that didn't work, and I personally doubt that it would, the next move would be to try to use Congress, with it's already bought and paid for politicians, to undermine every move Ron Paul sought to make. His platform of sticking to the Constitutional limits would then be used against him.

Finally, if the American people forced their Congressmen to vote with RP during his term in office, the 2012 elections would be the new battleground. It would be there that we would see the big money spent, wholesale smear campaigns, voter fraud, and anything else that could be thought up, including murder.

It seems to me that we have a four year window of opportunity to reclaim our nation before it becomes a real blood revolution to do it.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry, he'll never get elected anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Like Dero says, he'll likely not get elected. Most of the people who bitch about wanting change and rail about our freedoms being eroded and moan about the NWO will just vote for another cookie-cutter, big-business bought-and-paid-for candidate. Just like they always have. Very few people, it would seem, have the stones for real change. Hell, they can't even get over the Left v. Right /Republican v. Democrat thing.

So ya, no worries. We've already proven ourselves too stupid to make any real change anyway. Why do you think we're all called Sheeple?

Merry Christmas, just the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viszet Oki
"If it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't" (or something like that)

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." In other words, if it sounds too good for it to ever be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think its funny when people refer to it as "Ron Paul phenomenon ".
Not that it does not fit the definition but still its kinda funny to hear.

Well, if he is a lier at least we would be getting a better one than we currently have. I think he is the real deal IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
if is the real deal then he is screwed , i doubt that the powerfull guys in this world would let a revolutionary get power especialy thru the common people

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Whether he is the real deal or not, he is the perfect candidate for stealing votes from Obama.

He and his views, his broad shoulders, his fundraising capability, him being snubbed by Fox, make people think he has a chance and the perfect hero. So people will vote for him, but of course he will not even get nominated.

I don't buy it, it's too obvious.

It's possible that he is an honest man but that doesn't mean he's not being used by the puppet master somehow.

Let just say, I know a thing or two about politics.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
welcome to the spin zone....lmao

i was thinking of voting for Ron Paul....but then i thought...what if i was wasting my vote because he probably wont win. then you begin to think well it doesnt matter if i vote because of the ptb are gonna pick who they want anyway.

well anyways i found this crazy stuff about how ron paul could be a setup........ i am not endorsing this view or the website that it came from.

www.thewatcherfiles.com...
Ron Paul A Front For Faction 3 By Sherry Shrinerwww.nesarasucks.com...
NESARA Deception NESARA is a Lie NESARA will kill you - by Sherry Shriner

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Announce *NESARA* Now!

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - All what you should know about N.E.S.A.R.A.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
some more about Ron Paul and nesara.....www.luisprada.com...
Congressman Too Truthful

www.nesara.us...
NESARA, the National Economic Security And Reformation Act

Imho....... i dont think he is setting us up. i dont think the american people could stand another Presidential Candidate promising to do all these things and never make good on these promises.

it would be really interesting to see all the changes he wants to make actually happen.......my question is...

do you think the USA could handle all this change without imploding ?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
do you think the USA could handle all this change without imploding ?

With all the crap going on do you really think USA can survive much longer WITHOUT change?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Wizard_1988]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizard_1988

yes i agree...somethings gotta change or this country is in big trouble. i am seeing less jobs out there and the ones that are dont pay much. meanwhile the cost of living is getting out of control.

i dont really hear much from the other candidates about how they are gonna help the people of this country.

but as bad as it seems it still is the best place to live...IMHO

if Ron Paul somehow won....i would hope he can actually do the things he says he wants to do. he has said more things about helping the American people than any other candidate.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Poor Ron , Bless his soul...

The 20 million that was raised is like less than a penny compared to the insane wealth of the power brokers that he is up against...
David and Goliath for sure.

I truly believe in Ron Paul.....

Is it a trap? ....... mabey

If its not then I bet that "They/TPTB" could
surely make it one if it suits their agenda..

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I don’t believe Ron Paul is going to get anywhere with this election……the people at the top….the people who basically control or whom are trying to control the world….will not allow this ‘threat’ to delve in too deeply and ruin their plans…..

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
I don’t believe Ron Paul is going to get anywhere with this election……the people at the top….the people who basically control or whom are trying to control the world….will not allow this ‘threat’ to delve in too deeply and ruin their plans…..

hi there andre18......

well if you understand what nesera is and you believe the rumors that Ron Paul is associated with nesera than it would be easy to see that it would fit into the new world order conspiracy..... that means the people you say control the world would want Ron Paul to win so he could usher in this plan from the illuminazi"s. this plan is to have one world goverment and nesera helps to accomplish this. so they may not see him as a threat but as the perfect pawn for their agenda

www.thewatcherfiles.com...
Ron Paul A Front For Faction 3 By Sherry Shriner

so the title to this thread is really a serious question.......

[edit on 6-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i have been watching cnn and until now they never refered ron paul not one time they talk about all the candidates but not him , in my country is the same thing on the news

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i was watching the fox debate and they didnt even invite Ron Paul....

i think fox made a huge mistake not to include him.

i am sure the Ron Paul supporters are gonna want to boycott fox"s clientel

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join