It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC Milan 4 - Boca Juniors - 2 WCC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
AC Milan beat Boca in their second attempt when they lost on penalties to them in 2003.

This is their 4th world trophy and had they not won then Boca would have been on 4 so Milan are the first to reach that number and could have done but on 3 occations they lost out in a row.

Maldini wins his 3rd, the first player to do so who also played in 6 of those finals.

Both Italian and Brazilian stars all have a world cups under their belts too.

They are an ageing sides but experience counts even if Boca were younger but they have many years to reach this cup in the future and this may help them get stronger as a team.

Many more facts and opinions after if people reply. If this post has been done then so be it because I looked and found nothing.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Maldini's had one heck of a career. It seems that players like him are a dying breed, the ones that can play at high levels into their later years.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Maldini is from the 80s and soon that will be a thing known to the past.

I am glad he got this cup in the end, the South Americans are hard to beat in these games and Milan made it look easy. It's good for Europe too, we buy all their best players and yet they can still beat the Europeans. I am glad that an ageing team beat some young guns out there as this Milan team may be different in a few years to come as this was probably their last chance to be top of the world again.

join