It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's on your Survival Christmas List?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you could ask for any survival-based item that you would like for Christmas, what would it be, and why? Are there a few items that you have always wanted but haven't quite gotten around to, or don't have the money at the moment? Anything you particularly have your eye on? That new water purifier? That fancy fire-starter? That top-of-the-line rifle?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

That top-of-the-line rifle

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Great topic and boy could I create a big wish list.

I am however receiving this www.backcountrygear.com...

from my daughter! Nice kid heh? Helps she's a Doc.

I look forward to other responses.

Becker

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
1) World peace
2) Universal plenty
3) Perpetual youth
4) Politicians miraculously beginning to actually serve the people

Long as I'm wishing I might as well wish big.

I'd settle for a canoe.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by SemperParatus]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I pretty much have all I could want. Possibly a better first aid kit, but they get big and heavy pretty quick without the associated benefit in expanded capability. Still that would be it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i would dearly love to have a yew wood bow. might have to go and make one

m xx

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I made a list and I got it!

Survival Straw

This thing is great! I have already tried it in the lake at my apartment complex. I was there lying on my belly with this thing stuck right into the lake and I started to drink, tasted fine. While I am doing this, a woman form the office comes running out screaming "oh my god your gonna die!! Don't drink the lake water it's polluted!!!!

So I showed her the straw and how it works, she had me order her 3!! I "sold" them to her at $30 each.

5000 gallons of clean water. I bought 5. 25,000 gallons of water. Now just to find some items to act as mouthpieces and multiple users can use on eunit. I have also been working on adapting a a hand pump/syphon for filling containers.

Next was a .45 Semi-auto. I ended up with a Llama Mini-Max that my dad gave me. Took it to the range wice. First time was using 230 gr FMJ and found they were way two hot. Second time used a Federal 165gr EFMJ and I was grouping in 10 inches at 20 yards. Not bad for a 3 inch barrel and a recreational shooter

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
If you could ask for any survival-based item that you would like for Christmas, what would it be, and why? Are there a few items that you have always wanted but haven't quite gotten around to, or don't have the money at the moment? Anything you particularly have your eye on? That new water purifier? That fancy fire-starter? That top-of-the-line rifle?

If I could have anything!

I would want a King of the Mountain wool bowmans jacket. Best jacket on the market, can't beat wool. Filson makes a similar product but I hear King of the mountain is tops. Those go for around $500.

The Tom Brown Tracker knife made by tops. The Blade Steel is 1095 High Carbon Alloy Rc 58. My buddy has one and I'm jealous of it. A gift certificate to The Tracker School thrown in there would be pretty nice, too.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'd like to have my own defiblilator at home. unlimited suppy of water and plenty of fire extinguishers.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Nice tent, Been wanting one of those for a while.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
two assult rilfes one in a .223 cal(nato round) and one in a 7.62x39 cal. that way no matter who invades or what happens there will always be rounds made and in stock somewhere

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wanted one of the flashlights that you shake and a lantern that you crank...all I got though was a new pair of carharts...guess I'll have to be a little better this year

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Papa Sierra

Sir, you wouldn't believe what I bought myself for Christmas

First I go me a SG 552 Long Barrel and second a Bulgarian AKS 47 UF.
I have yet to shoot the AK, but the SG552 LB is tried, tested, thrusted and loved.

And the look in the eyes of the lady who wrote my permit was priceless as well

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Swordbeast i already have a bushmaster in .223 and a chinese sks in 7.62x39 but i would like a few more to leave at relitives house just in case
the two you metioned are nice weapons must of been good all year for santa clus to get them for ya lol

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Papa Sierra

I notice that we both have invested in a version of our country's service rifle, which is, imho, a very clever thing to do in respect to a potential SHTF scenario.

Well, I did behave, most of the time anyways, and when not then I didn't get caught

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I brought my dad a Wind up radio, Wind up lamp, and a wind up insect repelant,

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

always thought it would be a good idea just in case of a SHTF scenario whether it be our own troops or another country's. you would at least be able to come up with rounds and maybe spare mags. and parts plus might even be able to blend in if you could get your hands on a uniform

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Interesting..

Someone got me a copy of Bill O'reilly's Culture warriors.
Might make good tinder, however:

I took it back to the bookstore, and refunded it for a DVD of Les Stroud's
Survivorman, Season one..

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Interesting..

Someone got me a copy of Bill O'reilly's Culture warriors.
Might make good tinder, however:

I took it back to the bookstore, and refunded it for a DVD of Les Stroud's
Survivorman, Season one..

i must ask did you at least read the book first or not and if you did is it any good

new topics

top topics

join