It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Fire breaks out in office near the Whitehouse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
How much do you want to bet that this has something to do with the inquiry over the destroyed CIA tapes? I will not be surprised at all to hear that crucial evidence was destroyed in this fire....especially since it apparently started in one of Cheney's offices.

Any takers? (j/k, I'm not really a gambler
)

Keeb

Absolutely!!! The white house is supposed to provide documents to the congress on Friday. If someone gets up before them and says the documents were all destroyed in the fire, I swear I'm going to get in my van, drive up to DC, and stand in front of the White House screaming!

The fire started in the office next to Chaney's

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
OK,
This fire seemed to spread awfully fast. There should have been alot of people in the build by the time the fire started and someone should have seen t or reported it before it got out of hand.
Were there not sprinklers in the building, and if not then why?

I think the answer to all of my questions is easily explained. "They" wanted the fire to spread, and 'they" wanted papers to be destroyed. It wouldn't have been hard at all to move papers to this "storage closet" where the fire supposedly started.

If there were documents from this most recent CIA-Congressional inquiry the President, VP and all staff members of theirs should be taken to trial.

Clinton was impeached for having sex with a staffer and then lying about it. Bush and Cheney are screwing the entire planet, and lying about it, and yet they roam free.

Yes I am fuming.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by webpirate]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Coincidence or the government's paper shredder?

You decide. :?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
OK,
Apparantly CNN.com and FoxNews.com have already decided that this story is no longer news worthy. It has gone from the front page, to just a small blip of a story back in the news from the last 24 hours sections.

I mean a good deal of the executive staff use this office building, and the VP has an office there, and this is relegated to the back of the days stories behind a guy with blue skin and Britney Spear's sister.

Something isn't right there.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by webpirate]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Could it be linked to this?

english.aljazeera.net...

The justice department declined to comment on the judge's hearing order but the department last week urged Kennedy not to investigate the videotapes.

It also said that in light of other government probes into the tapes, a judicial inquiry into the destruction was inappropriate.

From what I've read, some tapes do still exist.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe the paper shredder caught fire? lol

Actually, I think it's most likely that this was an electrical fire. The reports say it was near an electrical closet, and, knowing older buildings, they weren't exactly built to prevent electrical fires.

Older wiring types were highly susceptible to over-heating and degradation over time, exposing the bare wire to whatever the wire was anchored to... at which point you had better hope you didn't anchor it with a metal bracket with paint on it. (Most painters of the time didn't hesitate to spray flammable paint right over electrical wires.)

Basically the old way of wiring buildings was a recipe for disasters.

I'm not up to date on whether this old building had been gutted to replace all the old internals or not... but it's age certainly raises some questions.

Then again, they could have chosen to start a fire in this building for that very reason... it's old and it will look like an accident.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Did anyone ever think that maybe this was an attempt to see how close one could get to the VP? That is awfully close to his office, it spread rather quickly for an 'electrical fire'. Remember that there have been numerous mysterious fires in offices in DC for months....

or could it have simply been, as in the past, an accident?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Building was old - don't know if/when interior was gutted and replaced.
Old dried out wood is very flammable and burns fast. Also prior to
middle of 20th cent buildings were "Balloon frame" studs were continous
from ground to roof with no fire stopping in the walls. Looks like
DC FD made a good stop and kept the fire from spreading.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I agree with you. This is strange how a large fire in arguably the most important house in the country manages to drop off the front page in a matter of hours. I can't even find it on CNN anymore.

Yet, Britney's sister, blue skin, santa knocked out.....

fishy

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I, too, watched this live this morning (in DC).

Since we want to investigate potential conspiracies, that is this kind of site, I will contribute. (Sorry in advance if it's been covered, I meant to start this thread but I see I've been beaten to it...).

My opinion, based ONLY on the MSM reports, and I admit it's early yet and the info can be skewed...

a) The Executive Office Building has been undergoing extensive
renovations since the Reagan Administration (or so the MSM has
reported).

b) The fire started in an Electrical 'closet' quite near the "Ceremonial
Vice President's Office" which....

c) Just happened to be near many of the NSC offices that contained
plenty of Top Secret files.....

d) The Secret Service announced, just this early afternoon, same day
of the fire, that it was obviously an accidental electrical fire. No,
the DC Fire Department did not make the announcement...the
Secret Service made it...only hours after the fire was contained

So...let's recap: The current Administration is embroiled in many, many controversies. Wow, suddenly, a building that has been undergoing renovation to PREVENT fires, undergoing such renovations since the Reagan Administration, has a sudden electrical fire in the WORST possible place in the building, right next to the Ceremonial Vice President's Office?

Would not that have been the FIRST place to improve/modernize and secure? Oh, by the way, offices attached to the NSC are nearby....hmmmm.

Then...the SS tells the MSM not to worry...nothing important was lost, no National Secrets were compromised...

Oh, final interesting point. The VEEP was in the Oval Office with POTUS at the time the fire started. Whew! What a relief!! VPOTUS is still OK!!

(I have no Political Agenda, just a concerned citizen)

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Also possible documents relevant to the mass firings of Federal Attorneys under Gonzales?? There could be a million different "smoking guns" that this administration would like to see "go up in smoke."

[edit on 19-12-2007 by whatsup]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage
"When Satanic Worshiping Goes Wrong.." obviously Bush had the wrong 9th page to open the gates of hell today.

Heh heh, I was thinking more along the lines that cheney must have gotten careless with his pitchfork.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Funny how this Article Just came out: Bush Secret Shredding Soars

Federal spending on paper shredding has increased more than 600 percent since George W. Bush took office.

Now if they don't want to turn over a document or they have already destroyed it they have an awfully convenient excuse!!!

Our government is so sad

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What i found the most interesting out of all of this, are the inappropriate emotions expressed by Bush afterwards, standing outside shooting the breeze and laughing it up.

Well i don't know about you but if this was truly an accident, as president i would be a little more upset considering the proximity of the fires and the damage it caused to some highly important offices.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I can't even find ANY mention of this fire on WashingtonPost.com's website todday. When I have found something on other places they keep referring to it as a small fire.

From what I have heard, this fire destroyed at least 1 office, surrounding areas, and caused the VP"s ceremonial officer that he still uses to meet with foreign dignataries and others, to suffer from severe smoke and water damage.

But this was just a small fire. I envision a small fire as room and contents in a building as large as this one was. Not several offices damaged/destroyed including the VP's.

This is still just way too suspicious. Why is it still being downplayed or ignored?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hello, webpirate,

Why is it being downplayed? Because the MSM do not want to lose their coveted press passes, their access to their live feeds in front of the WH, their access to the Press Room for Briefings....

Did anyone see the Veep behind POTUS as he was tossing off this fire as a minor event? Richard 'Dick' Cheney just stood there and smirked...almost as if he was taunting Congress, and by extension, We The People..."come, catch me now!"

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

Same thing for the firefighters. They just smiling like they are part of the conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm in DC and my buddy Rick who is a firefighter told me that he was ordered to stand down and not try and stop the fire yet. They told him and his crew it wouldn't burn into the other offices because of the way it was made. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh I know. Doesn't mean we have to like it or accept it though.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Of course, webpirate!

I don't like it, and I don't accept it.

Seems to me, officials who are elected to higher office take an oath, as part of their inauguration ceremony. The oath is to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

That is a pretty sacred oath, as far as I am concerned.

However, when an 'elected' officer (read that as POTUS 43) calls the Constitution '...just a piece of paper...' I think we, the PEOPLE, should sit up and take notice.

You think you can trample on our freedom, and our liberty all you want, while at the same time pretending to 'spread' freedom overseas? Ulitmately, the Buck Stops Here.

In my humble opinion there has been a degradation of liberty, in the guise of fear-mongering, for the last six years. It is never a good idea to pull out the 'dictator' card, or the 'imperialist' card...or dare I say...the 'H**ler' card. But, history has shown us parallels. And we are damned stupid if we do not read history, and look at what has happened before and not understand that it can happen again, right under our noses.

This is a conspiracy forum. Some would say, 'Don't worry, everything is OK, you're just being paranoid...'

Well, although paranoia may be classified as an abnormal attribute in its extreme, it is healthy when it is used as a tool to question, to probe, and to decide that what we are being told is not the whole truth.

Thanks for reading, I will now turn my back for the arrows that will ensue...

Best, all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join