It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Fire breaks out in office near the Whitehouse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I hope there were no injuries to anyone in the building, so far there are none reported. I also hope no important documents that may have been recently "reviewed" were near the fire.

A marine hurt his hand trying to escape,
but everyone is fine

Fire is contained now.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
CNN seemed to think it was an electrical fire in a phone or electrical closet.

My guess is that construction workers overloaded a circuit or did a poor job with changes.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Maybe they are going to try and blame it on the "terrorists." I can see it now "Terrorists from Iran start White House Fire....President prepares for war."

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

ashame they ruled out terrorism within five minutes

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

Just a thought.

If "they" wanted documents to appear to be destroyed, this could be done.

Move the documents / data to a new location prior to the fire and then use this fire as a bluff.

"Fire Gate". Except no one has been caught yet.

sanc

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How much do you want to bet that this has something to do with the inquiry over the destroyed CIA tapes? I will not be surprised at all to hear that crucial evidence was destroyed in this fire....especially since it apparently started in one of Cheney's offices.

Any takers? (j/k, I'm not really a gambler
)

Keeb

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Reports it was a electrical fire, but fire investigators are not allowed in (secret service are holding them back from entering the building)

I work not far away. Yes, it was definitely eletrical. You could smell it. Our building was evacuated also around 10:30 but we're allowed back now.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

It's very interesting, because these offices include the office of the vice president and the national security council.

This possibly could be tied to this somehow:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I hope there were no injuries to anyone in the building, so far there are none reported. I also hope no important documents that may have been recently "reviewed" were near the fire.

There were no reports of serious injuries, Etter said. A U.S. Marine stationed at the building smashed a fifth-floor window to escape from the smoke and had to be rescued from the ledge, he said. The man suffered a minor cut to his hand.
Source Yahoo news

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Maybe something to do with all that combustible shredded material sitting around... an "accident waiting to happen"

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

Thats exactly what happened, The white house is one of the most technologically advanced building in the world. I find it hard to believe that people who can detect eavesdropping devices, can't tell if there is an electrical program, in the Vice Presidents formal office for gods sake.

They burned down any association with the CIA Tapes, and probably some more things we'll never know the full truth about now.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

If "they" wanted documents to appear to be destroyed, this could be done.

Move the documents / data to a new location prior to the fire and then use this fire as a bluff.

"Fire Gate". Except no one has been caught yet.

sanc

Aha! Someone with a brain!!!! My first thought.

Actually, there's been an explosion in Jacksonville, FL, maybe we're being attacked, weather its our own or terrorists i dont know.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Who knew, when they actually said, "Liar, Liar, pants on fire," that it could lead to the place burning down.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Pppfftt...

All these conspiracy theories...

Don't you know anything...

God wanted to make the miracle of the burning Bush again...

But missed...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

You know your in the presence of Paranoid People when a fire in a closet is turned into a National Conspiracy

Can't wait to see the Political Spin start

Glad to hear nobody was hurt. Thats the main thing.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Remember, these are not the 'real' offices that Cheney uses but ceremonial. He was working in his real office when this occured. If the government wants to get rid of something, when are people going to realize that they are not going to bring attention to themselves. Like the WTC.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Right you are. They'll just have Sandy Berger come in and take them.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No electrical fire. It was caused by Dick Cheney's new meth lab kit that he is selling a cost to the illegals comming across the border.

"And Now: A word from the President!
Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta
Getting voted in to the White House
Everything looking good to
The people of the world but
The mafia is my Boss.
So
Every now & then I owe a Favor here & there
Letting a Big Drug Shipment through.
To send into the Poor Community
So
We can bust you know who!!"
>>Geto Boys

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Remember, these are not the 'real' offices that Cheney uses but ceremonial. He was working in his real office when this occured.

Not true, he was hanging out with the President a good view from the west wing I think:

President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, who were in the White House when the blaze erupted, walked across the White House grounds to the building this morning to thank the firefighters for their work.

Who knows if there was something burned or moved during this distraction?

I guess the Sandy Berger method would have worked, isn't Sandy supposed to submit to a lie detector test about the stolen 9/11 documents?

You can't trust any of them anyways, it is pitiful what these people get away with

Forgot to link, for those interested, that Time already has a story about the history of White House fires :

A Short History of White House Fires

Putting aside the bizarre incidents — like the time an FBI informant set himself on fire in front of the White House in 2004 or the time a small plane crashed into the White House in 1994 — regular, workaday fires like the one that happened this morning in Vice President Dick Cheney's ceremonial suite at the Old Executive Office are not actually all that common on the White House grounds. Given the 27 wood-burning fireplaces, high volume of bureaucratic traffic and constant maintenance and refurbishing, it is not too bad a record.

[edit on 12/19/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"When Satanic Worshiping Goes Wrong.." obviously Bush had the wrong 9th page to open the gates of hell today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join