It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unknown Event In 1997.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Having lived in Louisiana for 30 years I would love to get more details on this story. No, not the encounter or the descriptions, I am only interested in one thing:

Which Highway in Louisiana can be driven on at 100 mph for the ten minutes stated by the OP?

Also, notice the post does not say "around 9:00" it gives pretty specific times. I'm with Lex on this one. No pictures, no links, no reason to even bring it up now.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Anyone notice that the two guys from Louisiana both registered today? Any chance that the coroberating witness is the same guy?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
im gonna back this. i've been a resident of louisiana all my life and live in nearby st. mary. ill never forget seeing the sun at 10 pm.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I live in South Louisiana (Vermilion Parish) and have personally had strange happenings in recent years.

I think it is important not to dismiss individual accounts as far-fetched fabrications just because they do not seem plausible to one's own opinion.

Let's face it; this site would have no reason to exist if every topic had a cut-and-dry factual explanation! That's the curiosity of the un-explained, it's what drives us to research things like this until 2 a.m., and the wife yells "turn the damn computer off and come to bed". (Uh......that's a personal problem that I encounter, not sure about you guys, haha).

The OP's story sounds very similar to a book I read some months back by John Keel regarding his many interviews with the residents of Point Pleasant, WV, the location of the mysterious Mothman sightings in the 60's and 70's. They, too, reported humming noises, glowing spheres, strange men in suits, glowing-eyed creatures, etc. The thing that intrigued me the most was the number of people that reported similar encounters over a fairly large area.

Hey Wa.........I would have reported your incident to authorities, rape is still a crime.........no matter what Solar System you are from!

Peace.......Kajan

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Can we get IP addresses for the two users? Mods? Just a quick check up? - the posting IP addresses for those two 'stories' should be different. ATS does record that sort of thing, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownman

i think the last supervisor i was stuck with while working for the feds must have been one of these creatures---you dont know how many times i had to resist the temptations to do/acquire a contract to terminate our relationship--the world is being taken over by aliens---i just wish i could get out of this place

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownman

Frankly, my first thought was: could it have been a test flight of the "stealth" bomber that was later used in March-April 1999 in the then-Yugoslavia?
It does have a triangular shape.

But I am not saying that that's what it WAS.

Just tossing ideas here...

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Honestly, I saw 3 orange/red lights up in the sky a few years ago when I was with my family riding in our car at an intersection. 3 lights up in the sky a bit of a ways away. They didn't flash or move from what I remember. They were in a broad triangle formation. I am sure they weren't reflections off of the inside window of our car.
We were going northbound through an intersection when I saw them. So they were likely to the north of us.
maps.google.com...,-90.482926&spn=0.013617,0.028925&t=h&z=15&om=1
This is the location of where it occurred. Just my thoughts on this.
It was a few years ago, so I don't quite have a date on when it happened.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My problems with the original OP.

Originally posted by unknownman

A very serious event took place in southwest Louisiana between 1997-1999.

Ok, he gives a time frame.

I was just eleven years old but I still remember the vivid horror which swept through Beauregard Parish. It started on September 15th, 1997 around 9:45pm.

Speaks in first-person. Gives a specific
date.

A couple headed down Bancroft highway spotted a strange ball of bright orange light following them in the sky. Frightened by its sudden appearance they sped up to 100 miles an hour and the strange kept right up! ten minutes after the chase began the object suddenly streaked ahead of them and vanished in a matter of a few seconds!

Now, the OP is speaking in third person.

Just 15 minutes later at 10:00 I was outside walking my dig one more time befor we went to bed.

First, OP says "around 9:45pm".

Now, he asserts it's 15 minutes later at 10:00.

Dates and time-line are off.

With no flames, explosions, or any other noise coming from this thing we suggested it was safer inside asleep now!

So, they are calm enough to go
inside and sleep ?

We called the cops but they swear no plane had been in the vacinity that night!?!

The local police would have no way
of knowing if an aircraft was flying.

See my earlier post.

There was no phone call to either
local or state police about a UFO,
that night.

The OP goes from first person to
third person.

I'm sorry, but there is no way I can
believe the OP.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by memoir
Can we get IP addresses for the two users? Mods? Just a quick check up? - the posting IP addresses for those two 'stories' should be different. ATS does record that sort of thing, right?

I second this. The writing styles are very similar. Overuse of "!", only one space after sentances. Though he took one of the earlier posters suggestions and started using paragraphs.

If I am wrong I apologize to the OP and wha happened.

Vas

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Me thinks the OP should stick to telling stories around the campfire with his buddies.
I refuse to feed trolls.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is that it, is it over, did the OP abandon us to speculate on his story without any further stimuli to the debate???

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by WorldShadow

Is that it, is it over, did the OP abandon us to speculate on his story without any further stimuli to the debate???

This is going to sound harsh.

Get used to it.

When ATS gets an OP with
fantabulous tales of the un-
imaginable, they get called
out.

Some continue their tales,
enrapt in their own drama.

Others know when to cut
their losses and bounce.

It's rather fun to bet on who
bounces and who stays.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by memoir
Can we get IP addresses for the two users? Mods? Just a quick check up? - the posting IP addresses for those two 'stories' should be different.

??!

What for?

Personally, I find this line of thought much more worrisome than any "camp fire" stories...

Besides:

a) IP addresses CAN change

and

b) even the same IP address would prove nothing. An IP address is not DNA - more than one person can use the same computer.

I am not even mentioning the possibility of obfuscating the IP address...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, I have to say, the first OP story was a little sloppy in style. But the second follow up post showed coordinated paragraphed writing style. Although I did not suspect either to be related by a single OP, I did try to get both to debate further with no reply on both parts. Guess it's dead than..........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join