It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Compact Fluorescent Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Forward this and warn everyone you know.
----------------------------------------------------------

The Compact Fluorescent Conspiracy

Ever wonder why governments all over the world are really getting rid of incandescent light bulbs? It's not to save energy or protect the environment. It's so the government can spy on you.

All new fluorescent light bulbs have microchips, microphones and even microcameras implanted inside them. These devices record audio and/or video whenever a key word is spoken during a conversation or whenever a large movement occurs in a room.

Using simple broadband over powerline and data compression technology, the recorded audio and video is transmitted over regular electric power lines to the nearest telephone switching station which has several computer servers and hubs dedicated to NSA surveillance.

With the idea of "saving energy" or "saving the environment" in mind, most people will never question the presence of a fluorescent light bulb. They will unwittingly install these NSA snooping devices inside their own homes and be spied on in every private activity imaginable from using the bathroom, taking a shower, getting undressed or having sex.

The police state control grid is being fully extended into the privacy of a persons home and makes the telescreens of George Orwell's "1984" look like primitive junk.

If you wish to avoid surveillance by the the government, keep buying and stockpiling incandescent light bulbs before they're completely banned because when light bulbs are outlawed, only outlaws will have light bulbs.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If the Government want to watch me tug the rod in my room at 2am in the morning, they can do just that. Seriously, I dont want to prejudge and doubt you, but that seems ludicrous, even though I acknowledge the extent the government has gone to to monitor the people.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cgbs2012

Please provide any evidence you may have to support this claim. Honestly, to think that your lightbulbs are spying on you.... sounds kind of "odd".

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It's fairly simple to put your mind at rest here by purchasing some of these 'suspect' devices and dismantling them to see what evidence there is of audio-visual sensors inside them. I have dismantled a number of them mainly to scrounge switching components, HV capacitors, toroidal chokes etc and there's no suspect components in there at all

There just HAS to be something more worthwhile to worry about.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
there are several holes in your story:

1: the light would ruin any image
2: why wouldn't they simply extend it to all bulbs?
3: how would an institution as small as the NSA handle that much surveillance? that would be what... 5-12 bulbs per household?
4: lampshades would also prevent monitoring by video
5: already brought up, people regularly dismantle bulbs to scrounge for parts or for certain practical jokes etc, and never find anything
6: you lack any evidence to back this up

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The more likely reason to suspect conspiracy is the possible health effects from the light. Not the mercury, but the light itself.

www.holisticmed.com...

Personally, I hate fluorescent lighting, although my house is about 50/50. When we have guests, the CFLs go off and the incandescences go on. The reason I have them is money, but I'd dump them in a heartbeat for a better alternative, perhaps LED light is better, but's it's still very expensive.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Actually, incandescent light bulbs are much closer to having the technical ability to be bugs.

Incandescent bulbs have a single filament strung across the hot and neutral ac power line inside a vacuum, and inside a spherical glass bulb. Glass is a great conductor of sound. Ever hold a glass up to a door to hear what is being said on the other side? The filament, especially being in a vacuum with no (0) resistance, is an excellent microphone.
Sound, from any direction, gets conducted by the glass, passed seamlessly through the vacuum and resonates the delicate filament causing tiny changes in the filaments resistance. This change in resistance subsequently causes changes in the current draw of the filament, which is detectable if one were to precisely monitor the current of that particular AC line. Create a filter to chop out the 60Hz and you could, theoretically, hear: “Watson come here, I want you!”

Just because you don't understand something doesn't necessarily give it grounds to become a conspiracy theory. Buy whatever bulbs you want. I personally like fluorescents because they use less wattage per lumen.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemithesis

Just picking a nit, but rather than conducting sound perfectly, a vacuum doesn’t conduct sound at all. It’s only a nitpick since incandescent lightbulbs don’t contain a vacuum either. They contain an inert gas (to keep oxygen away from the filament) at low pressure.

top topics

join