It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears' sister is pregnant at 16

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I feel sorry for these girls mother. My mom used to say 'when it rains it pours' and it really does!

Babies having babies.....

Raising a baby that young will be hard and my bet is that when her own child strolls into it's teens - the young mother will have had plenty of time to reflect and come up with lots of ideas of how not to let this happen to her baby.

I wish them the best.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just because she's famous (*puke*) doesn't make this story any more important than all the other teen pregnancies. Saying that, I actually do physically hate people who slag those teenagers off.

Yes, maybe they shouldn't be having sex at that age but we can blame the God damn media for that problem. "Blame the parents" is such an ignorant thing to say. More like, blame society and the media.

My Sister gave birth to my awesome Nephew when she was 15 and she doesn't regret it ONE bit. He's the best thing that happened to this family and really arrived at the right time and brought is alot closer.

There are alot of problems with teenage pregnancy but when something so amazing is brought into this world because of it, I don't see why there is such negativity.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xeroxed88

You can only blame the media to a certain degree. It is a parents job to rear their child, teach their child right and wrong and the difference between the media (entertainment) and what is real.

This really isn't anything abnormal. Teens have sex all the time and have been having sex decade after decade. I remember my mom talking about back in her day, if a teen got pregnant, a lot of times they would be "sent away" to hide by their parents until after the baby was born. Decades before that even, it was perfectly normal for a 16 year old to be married off and having children. This isn't new.

My eight year old who loves Zoe 101 and has seen the headlines in all the mags in the checkout line knows that Jamie Lynn is too young to have a baby (in todays society anyways) and definatly does not think it's good to have a baby at 16.

All in all my plan is to be open and talk to her about sex and pregnancy and birth control. If I do my best and she still goes out and has sex (as many teens do) and by chance gets pregnant, I will not think any less of her and I will not love her any less.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Conundrum04

welcome to the New ATS

on topic what the wamps is the world coming to
kids getting pregnent at the age of 11+
i i mean come on

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Though the mom doesnt seem like a such a great mom to begin with, I still dont think she should be put on the burner for what her kids do. Lets face it, kids are ganna do what they want no matter what.

So the parents shouldnt be blamed. The kids have there own brain and they know how to use it. Personal responsibilty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join