It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. still unprepared for disaster: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

U.S. still unprepared for disaster: report

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States remains unprepared for disasters ranging from biological attacks to a flu pandemic, and funding for preparedness is falling, according to a report released on Tuesday. Many states still lack a stockpile of drugs, masks, gloves and other equipment needed to battle a pandemic of diseases, despite five years of constant and detailed warning, the Trust for America's Health said in its report...."Until all states measure up, the United States is not safe."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pandemicfluandyou.org
healthyamericans.org

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is not good news. Maybe even if we get prepared we are still not in good shape. We have pounded ourselves with so many drugs already, it still might be too late. Is this being done on purpose? If so, I sure do not like it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
After Katrina people should have gotten a wake up call. Do not wait around for the Federal Government to save you in a disaster. You have to be prepared. The only problem is the poor can't afford to prepare. It takes alot of money to do that. Food,medical supplies,generator, etc. etc. the list goes on.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is simply a reminder to "be afraid"

By the government constantly uttering these words, not only are they summoning an attack (*wink) they are scaring the pants out of the people which is exactly where they want us.

Bah!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is simply a reminder to "be afraid"

By the government constantly uttering these words, not only are they summoning an attack (*wink) they are scaring the pants out of the people which is exactly where they want us.

Bah!!!

My thoughts exactly. Don't forget to be afraid everyone. With Christmas coming up, I know a lot of you have probably been a little distracted by good will toward man and what not. But let's not lose sight of the real goal here. We must remain afraid, of everything, at all times.

Remember:

1. We are one sneeze away from a flu pandemic that will end life as we know it.

2. Terrorists hate you, hate your way of life, and want to behead you.

3. Your neighbor could be a terrorist. Turn him in if you are suspicious.

4. Your children are not safe.

5. Your food is running out.

6. Oil is running out.

7. The economy is about to crash.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

This is true. Kind of makes me wonder why the Feds didn't evacuate people to their FEMA camps that are all over the U.S. Makes you wonder what these camps are really going to be used for. It seemed to me that they had know idea what to do with all those people. I am very ashamed of their actions to say the very least.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I totally agree with one of the posters that you cannot and must not rely on the Govt to take care of you for anything so quit your whining and start preparing for what may be the inevitable, unless of course you are planning on hitching a ride with those that may actually be preparing all on their own.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Seems to me our USA neighbors have done just about everything that wraps our little hand around our little bottoms to secure the USA.
After the next Inauguration, seems to me -- again, the world will be at ease and toilet paper will again flow and won't need to as abundant. -- after the next..

Dallas
edit: all kinds of crap

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Dallas]

top topics

join