It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Order of Damascus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We have as much evidence to support our belief in G.O.D. as many posters do on the secret societies board! Why is it that wikipedia and podcasts are evidence enough for other societies, but NOT enough for G.O.D.?

I had not heard of the society before someone brought it up, but them telling about their experiance would be the equivalent of telling us about it on a website! And we allow websites to be "proof" on this board all the time!

I am sure the irony does not escape anyone.
Point taken intrepid, I'll stop.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
We have as much evidence to support our belief in G.O.D. as many posters do on the secret societies board! Why is it that wikipedia and podcasts are evidence enough for other societies, but NOT enough for G.O.D.?

There is no proof.

No wikipedia page (I wouldn't put it pass you to make one now), no information either.

Intrepid was very nice in what he said. People have been banned for posting false information.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well it depends on if the author of this thread made it up as a joke or not.

And from the context of his words, I think that he did make it up as a joke.

Meaning that he had probably never even heard of a "Golden Order of Damascus", other than in his own mind.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Well it depends on if the author of this thread made it up as a joke or not.

It is a joke.

I know, sometimes, crazy things are posted on ATS, especially in Secret Societies but that does not constitute in jokes/hoxes being posted.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

LOL, it was obviously a joke. I guess you had to see some of the anti-mason threads to get it. Basically we were copying verbatim from anti-mason threads and applying it to this "new order", to show the absurdity.

Personally, I think the anti-masons are a joke. Literally. I think people just make up stuff (which I posted here, customized for G.O.D.) to bait. Interestingly there was no collusion on this, I just saw what was going on and couldn't resist playing along. If we were to continue in character, I would of course accuse intrepid as being in collusion with GOD, etc., as has been accused before in threads which do stuff like this.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was sure it was a joke to begin with.

But then why are mods getting upset if the "Golden Order of Damascus" was only made-up for a joke-thread?

I'd also thought that the obvious joke could have been aimed at an actual order, and is why intrepid intervened.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
reply to post by infinite

LOL, it was obviously a joke. I guess you had to see some of the anti-mason threads to get it. Basically we were copying verbatim from anti-mason threads and applying it to this "new order", to show the absurdity.

Personally, I think the anti-masons are a joke. Literally. I think people just make up stuff (which I posted here, customized for G.O.D.) to bait. Interestingly there was no collusion on this, I just saw what was going on and couldn't resist playing along. If we were to continue in character, I would of course accuse intrepid as being in collusion with GOD, etc., as has been accused before in threads which do stuff like this. "I guess you had to see some of the anti-mason threads to get it. Basically we were copying verbatim from anti-mason threads and applying it to this "new order", to show the absurdity"

I feel like i need to take the wind out of your sails on this one, just in the name of honesty. doesn't this remind you of conversations recently had in the SS forum? "Baiting" people with stories created only to expose them to their personal flaws sadly sounds rather childish. Especially for people who claim to belong to a 'brotherhood' whose main intention is the 'bettering' of the member. Maybe I am way off here, neither of you could actually be masons, but I am under the impression that you are.

I find it difficult to believe this could even have been intended as a honorable gesture at 'educating' those who are ill-informed. It looks like nothing more than a ploy to belittle. It is a shame.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes I am coming clean. There is no actual order and it was made up to have some fun.

There was too much anger and hostility during the last couple of days and I tried to create some levity.

I did feel almost like David Koresh for 2 days forming my own little club that had 2 or 3 members.

Sorry Intrepid- can we still be friends??? (no sarcasm intended).

Cory

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Sorry, completely not true.

There was no baiting here, because the society was fake. It would require that there be members of the society to bait. If I wainted to bait, I would make up a society about the Ancient Free and Accepted Non-Masons and bait anti-masons into it. Part of bettering ourselves is recognizing when to illustrate absurdity. All I did was use parallel arguments to those proposed by anti-masons. If you find them to absurd, that is because they are. If you find parallel arguments to be so absurd that they are belittling because they are so unfounded, then mission accomplished.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Calling BS on that one. You(masons) were making fun of those that aren't(anti's) and you should be above it. Frankly I'm disappointed.

Closed.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh geez. Look what I started.

Let's calm down and take it easy.

It was all a goof and silly to fight about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join