It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the govt. has such advanced technology, then why are we all working on "conventional technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Why is the govt. hiring people, SPENDING MILLIONS, to develop "conventional" planes and rockets, if it already HAS Aurora and the black triangles. Would than not be a complete waste of time, money, and resources?

And, if there IS top-secret research into reverse-engineered alien technology, where do they find so much personnel to work on reverse engineering (designing Aurora or the Black Triangles should take a LOT of personnel, time, and money)? AND HOW DO THEY MAKE THE PERSONNEL STAY QUIET?????

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Why is the govt. hiring people, SPENDING MILLIONS, to develop "conventional" planes and rockets, if it already HAS Aurora and the black triangles. Would than not be a complete waste of time, money, and resources?

Two reasons for that.

1. The Government doesn't know what to make of the tech in many aspects

2. We live in a Capitolistic Society, and we've been founded on the principles of capitalisim. It's hard therefore to break away from this main stream. Government's job is to keep the statius quo, and what they know now in their perspective "works" and they fear a breakdown of powers.

Much of the advanced technology can't be profitied upon.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

1. The Government doesn't know what to make of the tech in many aspects

To be completely honest i'm not exactly sure what to make of the tech itself. To utilize such technologies would literally mean to through out all we know about society. Mass large numbers of engineers, scientists, psychologists, philosphers, and futurist experts to really design such a society in a world of free energy, free knowledge, and space travel that won't be destroyed by corrupted morality.

Not only that, but to gradually shift into such a world without citizens knowing.

"Back in my day we drove 5miles to work, in 3 miles of traffic, In 20miles of Snow! And I was still on time for Work! your generation is full wimps, you with your spaceships, quantum computers, life expansions, and teleporters"

As mentioned earlier it's probably done for our own good, not everyone in this world is your friend. What happens when you teach a herd of chimpanzees how to use 12 gauges instead of flinging poo. In the wrong hands this would cause the fall of civilization, and there are plenty of "wrong" hands out there. The reason why the technology was reversed in the first place, was because the experts at the top of the field could only speculate.

I once heard that technology is only nature perfecting itself, and now our nature barely exceeds will to even use it correctly.

....but it would be nice for humanity to finally rest it's hunting and gathering ways in the gates of a utopia.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think its very easy to keep the personnel from not disclosing anything. That would be the least of their problems.

Secondly, why do we continue to pump oil if there are 3000 patents for alternative energy sitting in a vault? There are many reasons why someone WOULD continue to build older technology, while still continue work on newer technology. That shouldnt be a mystery at all. Capitalism is one answer as another post said.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think in some cases, the projects wind up being unfeasible for long-term use. Some of the aircraft may cost too much to operate: if cost of production can't be justified in any way, a project gets scrapped. Isn't that standard business procedure?

On the other hand, if indeed 'advanced' technology is currently being reverse-engineered, it isn't difficult to find the necessary staff. There is an abundance of qualified personnel: With the right resources, I'm sure it isn't too difficult to locate, screen, and spirit away the necessary personnel for a task.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I would have to say that the funding for conventional tech that we know publicly is like a basic front…an illusion if you will…….spending millions upon millions on old tech craft to go into space while full well knowing they can do so much more…..

I think some of the answer maybe in this link….
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Conventional technology tends to be alot more erconomic and can be used in civil manners without people saying "zomg stelf U.F.O Typhoon with star wars lser" or something.

Plus it is also very easy for these defence contractors to work on secret projects or areas with varying levels of nsecrecy. The secrets act and other similar laws allow this to happen. If you get caught disclosing information then you get put in prison or worse - simple.

top topics

join