It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: New giant magnetic ropes connecting Earth's upper atmosphere to the Sun!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Electric Sun/Earth Connection Confirmed:

The report discusses the THEMIS spacecraft's recent observations of "giant magnetic ropes that connect Earth's upper atmosphere to the Sun and explosions in the outskirts of Earth's magnetic field." Describing the THEMIS encounter with a "magnetic rope" NASA investigator Dave Sibeck states: "It was very large, about as wide as Earth, and located approximately 40,000 miles above Earth's surface in a region called the magnetosphere."

The surprises for investigators began in March, when "a substorm erupted over Alaska and Canada, producing vivid auroras for more than two hours." The report reads: "Right away the substorm surprised investigators: ‘The auroras surged westward twice as fast as anyone thought possible, crossing 15 degrees of longitude in less than one minute,' says Angelopoulos. The storm had traversed an entire polar time zone in 60 seconds flat!

The energy of this two-hour outburst -- five hundred thousand billion Joules -- is roughly the energetic equivalent of a 5.5 magnitude earthquake. In trying to discern "where does all that energy come from?" NASA is left groping for explanations.

www.thunderbolts.info...

What do you think will happen in 2012, when the activity of the sunn will peak to an unseen level...?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Good link and thread. This is interesting because I can see where the space missions might have some trouble with this type of phenomenon.

And I doubt I'll be doing much flying during the solar max.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i dont know about this nasa wanted to get energy from the sun while of the planet.

tether incident?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Terrapop

And I doubt I'll be doing much flying during the solar max.

So, you're not riding with the big guy this year?

Dasher and Rudolph will be disappointed.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

It's not that I want to "jump ship" on the Big Guy, but he does fly a tad high at times. (No stoner jokes, or your name is removed from The List!) Besides, Dasher and Rudolph have a "thing" going now, and I feel like my extra weight in the old sled would strain their ability to party after work.

new topics

top topics

join