It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets your vote in 2008?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I got this idea from another thread.

Who would win the election from the voters on ATS?

Vote here and I'll post the results.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Went with Edwards.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich both have strong internet support, but as with all things on the internet, "the cake is a lie" - Neither will get their party's nomination. An independent run with the two on one ticket would be a hell of an upset for both parties, though.

Tancredo, Gravel, and Keyes all fall into the same "nutbar" category as Kucinich and Paul among their parties... but lack any actual following.

Thompson, Dodd, Richardson, Hunter, and McCain are all incredibly weak candidates who are basically doing this to pad their pockets with campaign contributions.

Biden's a good candidate, but is a dark horse. Mention his name and people go "who?"

Thus for Democrats it comes to: Clinton, Obama, Edwards
Republicans: Giuliani, Romney, Huckabee

Clinton is the baggage queen. She'll get dumped - either that, or in true Democrat fashion, they'll nominate the worst of their best candidates and hope nobody notices what a scag the candidate is. This leaves Obama and Edwards as the P / VP nominees.

Huckabee is looking good for Republicans - unfortunately, he makes Bush look like a militant atheist - and THAT guy couldn't scrape out the popular vote against Al "I wish I was a real boy!" Gore. The dude no doubt has skeletons aplenty. Mitt Romney is John Kerry with magic underwear and no clue. And Giuliani... Ugh. I imagine most Republicans would sooner drop their chip in for Clinton than this guy (though they wouldn't tell anyone)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I went with Ron Paul. Being that i'm an independent and live in the state of Florida, i don't have the right to vote in the primaries. So i won't be assisting in the Ron Paul Revolution unless he either wins the republican nomination (not holding my breath) or elects to run as a third party.

I also like John Edwards, but I like Joe Biden more. Unfortunately it seems like the most press he got was when he made some comments regarding Obama in the spring. They weren't perceived as positive comments, that's for sure!

As much as I support Ron Paul, i don't think i would vote for him if he were to pair up with Kucinich in the general election. I just can't get into Kucinich. I don't like the fact that he is spending so much time trying to get Cheney and Bush impeached. I'm not a fan of the Bush Administration, don't get me wrong. I just don't want to elect a president who is going to make it a priority to punish people who came before when we have so many issues that should be taking priority over that. I just want to move on and start getting things done.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Though I am for impeaching Bush and Cheney (I've even gone so far as to write Nancy Pelosi the letters she asked for) and I do support Kucinich because of his stance on many issues.

I would support a Paul/Kucinich ticket, but I do agree that time should not be spent trying to punish the previous administration. There will be enough to do trying to repair the nation, than to bicker over what's already transpired. The impeachment job should be left to someone else if he were to pick up a VP ticket.

new topics

top topics

join