It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you experience Deja vu?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I had a similar experience about a year ago, up till then I had been having deja vu somewhat frequently, I could even remeber the dream it came from, its easier to track when you remember plainfully simple dreams. It was odd cause at the time of the dream I didn't know the person, but when i had the deja vu, that last time, I knew exactl what he was going to say, it all last more than about 30 seconds, and I haven;t had it since.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I ,personally, frequently feel Deja Vu whenever I watch television programs about Thailand.(usually documentaries) I have never been there, and during the program,I find myself turning the corner, before the people on the television do, or seeing further than they have shown and I know where they are... Possibly past life?
Thank you for this post ! I have been debating on whether to start my own thread on just the same thing. Kudos!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
Okay, maybe you guys can help me here as I don't know who else to ask! I get this weird feeling with nausea and very light-headedness as if I'm about to faint and everything that happens from the time I start getting this feeling until it goes away (it normaly lasts about 10 minutes) seems to have happened before. Literally every word that is said and everything that I do is an exact repetition of a previous time but I can't actually recall the previous occasion. I don't know if that makes sense but that's the best I can explain it.
Any ideas?

i get this all the time and you explained it to the exact mark.
i get deja vu just like you have it it can be fore simple conversations or itll be when i visit places.
ive even been to places i know i have never been and get deja vu.

i some times hate it because ill feel so light headed and sick i almost feel like im haveing aan outer body experience

[edit on 1/01/2007 by kerrichin]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Deja'vu is mild seizure activity occurring in the brain. Just as is what we refer to as Daydreaming or caught in a daze. Ever had a daydream experience and feel you can't pull yourself away from it? The feeling of momentarily being seized (unable to pull out of the fixed stare) is a mild seizure.

As for Deja'vu experience and the feeling that you almost know what is going to happen BUT you Don't know, it is because it hasn't happened yet. As for anyone who states that they have predicted what will happen next, they are not being honest or pure luck projected the event. Bottom line, There is nothing mystical about Deja'vu nor, is it derived from reincarnation. It functions solely in the Here and NOW and is due mild seizuring in the brain where what is taken in through the eye gate and what the brain registers, short circuits momentarily.

Thank'ya'very'much!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I get Deja Vu atleast 5 x's a week.

This habeen a routine for me ever since early early childhood.

Is that a good thing? Does it mean I'm more intune with my conciousness?

Also would some be able to explain...

I remember this one particular hallucination I had when I was about 13 yrs old. I woke up in the middle of the night being attacked by "Frogs". They surrounded me and kept jumping on me as I punched at them it got even more intense. No, these aren't weren't real frogs, but every bit of the hallucination felt real (Never took any drugs at that time in my life). Strange thing is I go to the bathroom and end up in the middle of my living room with my dad asking me WTF I was doing sleeping in the living room. I explained it to him.

Can anyone explain what caused this? This "battle" with the frogs lasted for about a good 3 minutes before I decided to leave because they kept increasing in number.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

i disagree, i think it has to do with predictions, and that "they" are telling this scientific stuff to conceal it,

if it was like you say how come during my de ja vus i realize its happening in the middle and am able to change the events from what i saw, that proves your theory wrong,

try again

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I only have deja vu several times a year, but I used to experience it much more frequently when I was a kid. When i was younger I used to think it was 'cause I had already lived my life but something bad had happened so I had to be sent back in the hopes I would change my/the future. So basically I was reliving my life un beknownst to me, but this was a moment I remembered living....
I have also been a huge star wars fan since i was little, so i was also hoping it was obi wan kenobi using his jedi powers on me from somewhere in the room to make sure i had forgotten him...cute eh? lol

Now I just look at it as an extreme case of familiarity with my surroundings, at some point in our long lives we are bound to re-enact actions similar to a situation we've already been in, convincing ourselves we've seen it all before. I usally experience deja vu when im not wntirely focusing on what i'm doing. Could this lack of attentive thought contribute to it?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
When I was about 5 I could tell exactly what was going to happen next which I thought was kinda natural at the time. Now I can't do it at all. Sometimes I have a random deja vu about something stupid but other times I'll have a lsight deja vu in my sleep.
So now I deja vu a couple of times a week but I'm not really a strong believer in it any more, I think its probably something, I don't know what that already happened that caused me to have one.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
All my Deja vu Expieriences have been frequent throughout my life and all i can say is i believe that they are premontions of our past lives. If you believe in the expansion of the universe than you most likely believe it contracts. Well lets say that after it contracts in on itself it expands exactly...or almost the same as it did before and Deja Vu is our souls memory of our first life.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I used to be able to be in a room full of people and can read each of hte person's emotions and if I were to focus harder I dig feel deeper into their life and about that person. I try to explain to people and they thiink I am crazy. Now I block out the gift and not say much or bother with it. Having the Deja vu or whatever you called has help me a lot in my life, but also kept me from growing in certain areas, I don't have much friends because I know the waht they are about sometimes.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ive had a life filled with deja vu moments. I just had another one, watching tv, a new programme in a new environment. It's impossible that that Id ever done/been it beofre yet it felt right and I knew I had.

There are lots of theories out there about electrical activity/epilepsy. I don't know what it is all about.

I feel comfortable when I experience deja vu.......maybe that makes me mad, in which case mad is good

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've been experiencing deja-vu moments all my life. However, the older I get, the more deja-vu I find myself experiencing. I'm up to once every couple months.

I don't know how to explain this, but it's like first time I "experienced" the situation (all of them lately) all centered around a specific time a couple years ago. Not that I did these things previously, but that's when I...dreamt/ glitched/ whatever. In the past the deja-vu felt like I was reliving more recent experiences.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joecool280

i have the same thing that you do but mine seem to happen a day or 2 later but the things i see are sort of meesed up a bit though like i would see my mate with out an arm in the "vison" whilst i am asleep but he has 2 arms? same surroundings and same convo and it reall freaks me out

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Yes, remembered having experienced it before too. But I get the uneasy familiar feeling when things are happening I can`t see was going to happen all I know is that what I`m doing I`ve done it before.... Every single time I have Deja vu that is always the situation... Even in some instances I will try to break the chain of events but that only seems prolong the event.. Like I was suppose to try to change/end the event...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, I kinda think that Dejavu and the temporal lobe seizures go hand in hand.

With personal experiences, I can see how the seizure would come into play, and definitely understand the cause. However, you can't have one without the other, right? It must then trigger brain activity to recall said premonition, as if to say 'this will happen in a matter of seconds' kinda thing, and then, bam - it's all re-enacted (sorry for the spelling, probably not right but am mighty cold and head hurts, lol!).

I also get sickness and dizziness. However I don't know deja vu is going to happen seconds before, nor do I realise after, like someone else mentioned. It all happens in realtime and like a horribly scratched record (as I have stated in a previous thread).

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I get deja vu a lot lately, more than I used to. 1-3 times a week lately.

Just a couple days ago I was reading a thread, and I started to read a particular post when all of a sudden I got an intense feeling of deja vu.

A thought flashed through my mind rapidly, and I knew what the next post would say in response to the post, and sure enough it was right, almost word for word.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LovingSoul

This has happened to me...it happened yesterday.. I've never had deja vu last more than a minute but for about 15 minutes i was living in a dream world where everything had happened before.
it shook me so badly that afterwards my eyes were playing tricks on me and i felt sick. It made me want to quit my job because it happened at my work. Whenever I feel the deja vu I always think something bad is going to happen, although it never has. It scares me half to death everytime and gives me anxiety attacks, and I don't have them unless i have deja vu.

I've always had a strong connection with the spirit world and I dont uderstand why this small bit of it scares me so much

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Interesting thread , been nice to read different peoples experiences.
I myself use to get Deja Vu a lot when i was younger , but for some reason have no had it in years. It seems to of died off a little as i grow older or i don't recognize it as well as i use to. Probably all the bourbans catching up with

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have been wondering for years what the significance is in my dream deja vu-ing. I have dreams biannually to annually about a specific time of day, place, surroundings, people, objects, and actions. For instance when i was about 14 i dreamed about standing in a ditch beside the road of a house and looking towards a small overgrown pond a few feet away from me during mid-day. About three to four months after forgetting the dream we had just moved to my aunts house in another town and i had walked out into the yard when deja vu hit me like a wave, my eyes kinda jitter back and forth a couple times and my mind kinda has a high (the most unexplainable feeling ever). Then i try to refocus and dwell upon the re-occurring vision.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join