It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you experience Deja vu?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have them monthly.

However mine are wired onto each other. I have the same deja vus most of the time, and everytime I have experienced it, it's like a hidden variable gets incremented by 1.

I have had experiences of having a deja vu, and then the deja vu starts looping itself 8 times within itself. It's hard to explain... It's not a deja vu, and then another deja vu, and then another. But it's the same deja vu that keeps repeating itself like:

"I have seen that guy before"
"I have seen that I have seen that guy before"
"I have seen that I have seen that I have seen that guy before"
etc.

That's how I get them.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

anglosaxon, please explain. I haven't heard of this before. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LovingSoul

Temporal lobe epilepsy..... explained.

T.L.E. & Deja-Vu.

There are many medical websites with information .Most go into pages & pages of detail for ( presumabley) medical students.
This one is a little less 'intense' in presenting the causes and cures.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Volatile

That's exactly what I was trying to say; for me it would be:

"I've seen that guy before..."
"Last time I saw that guy, I remembered seeing him before that time too..."
etc.

It lends credence to the seizure theory. During the period the seizure lasts, everything that happens is perceived as a 'memory', including experiencing the phenomena itself; like turning a video camera on it's own monitor, an 'infinite' loop of video feedback appears on the screen. (This is not an invitation for the thread to be derailed by "IVP" enthusiasts)

Not a mystical experience? Perhaps not in the way one would immediately think, but it seems to me that tryptamine and 'sacred geometry' are involved somehow, so how far removed from something 'mystical' could it be?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have it quite often, more than once a month anyways =)

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

Interesting that you mention it's caused by something physical. Just to add to the physical cause theory (not necessarily to yours specifically), I, like most others experience it on very rare occasions, maybe once or twice a year. But about 15 years ago, I woke up one morning and was experiencing that feeling about once every two minutes all day long until I went to bed that night. By the next day it was gone. Then several months later I woke up one morning and was experiencing it maybe a couple of times an hour, but now ever after going to bed and then waking the next morning it didn't go away. I was still experiencing it the next day when it finally went away. Never had any episodes like those since. Seemed that something about my brain must have been slightly different to bring it on like that.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How often do I have deja vu? Didn't you just post this same thing not too long ago?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This thread would not be complete without the Monty Python Deja Vu sketch.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I tend to experience déjà vu almost every week to two weeks.
When it happens it not just like a one time thing.. I end up having Déjà vu happen several times that day.

I usually realise the moment it happens that it was déjà vu and I end up spacing out for a second while noticing it was happening.

Last time I had deja vu was actually a few hours ago. I think its really cool when déjàvu happens.

~Minnie

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kifyt
I have it quite often, more than once a month anyways =)

Same here ... A few times a month at least. I have dreams (not just before I have deja vu, it's kind of scattered in that way, it could be a dream from a while back..) and when it happens, I realize I've been there before. Usually, it's more places and times than people... but I do have deja vu about conversations too. My boyfriend and I both expierence this pretty often, and feel that we have a definate connection in that way. We, on numerous occasions, have called each other at the exact same time ( so that we get a busy signal) and had other "experiences" to add to our questions about this topic.. any ideas from anyone on what it means?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
reply to post by LovingSoul

Temporal lobe epilepsy..... explained.

T.L.E. & Deja-Vu.

There are many medical websites with information .Most go into pages & pages of detail for ( presumabley) medical students.
This one is a little less 'intense' in presenting the causes and cures.

But the link you posted makes quite clear that this is by no means the end of the story. The article make extensive use of words and phrases like "theory", "some scientists believe", "it may be that...", "one speculation is", etc.

As for the OPs quesiton. I ussually have DV once in a while, say every few days, but sometimes it occurs 5-10 times a day. When it happens multiple times a day it will ussually continue that way for a few days at a pop. And I never ignore it.

Vas

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Volatile

I also have this, its like wow, wow, hey wait a minuite wow!! wow!! seriously wow!! Then it stops, and your remain confused.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I also have this, its like wow, wow, hey wait a minuite wow!! wow!! seriously wow!! Then it stops, and your remain confused.

heh, true.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a few times a year. maybe 6 or 7 times. its weird. I used to not know i just had an "experience" until after.. like 10 seconds after it would occur to me that i've done that same exact thing before. like same EXACT thing. even if its a place i've never been to or something. it would hit me like. WOAH. Now I seem to notice it while it's happening. Like i'll be having a conversation or looking at something and be thinking... i've had this conversation before..while i'm in the conversation i'll think that.

i've been interested in deja vu for a very long time. i don't buy the theory anglosaxan presents either. feeling... no, KNOWING i've done the exact same thing in the exact same place at the exact same time sounds a little bit more complex then a brain seizure.

just my opinion of course

edit: Not that brain seizures aren't complex or anything... i'm sure they're very complex, probably a very hard concept for me to grasp. But i bet i could grasp it before i ever grasped the truth behind deja vu.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

This is usually how my deja vu feelings are. I'm like suspended for a second by these reoccuring thoughts and actions and then all the sudden it feels like i'm let loose or something. I don't know, hard to explain.

nice avatar by the way

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I havent been here in a long while and I finally made a come back!

I experience deja vu on a normal scale. My definition of normal is once every week. Its realy interesting, and I think that deja vu happens because we all have a part in our mind that can predict what will happen in a couple hours, months, or years. In a way, deja vu is just a vision of the future.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
I have had experiences of having a deja vu, and then the deja vu starts looping itself 8 times within itself.

I will break a promise I made that I will not post anymore, but this is just too nice opportunity to be missed...

That description of deja vu is exactly like I got it on a couple of occasions.

I remembered doing exactly the same thing before. And right after that remembering that I remembered that previous time doing it even before that. And then remembering remembering remembering doing it even before that... I think I got up to 4 "rememberings", so you clearly beat me there.

Now seriously...

What I think is going on is that people are beginning to remember what kind of world we are living in.

This world (just this world, mind you, not the Whole, whatever that may be) is finite, both in space and time. That means, quite unsurprisingly, that we are just repeating all the same things over and over again in a never ending time loop... unless we remember. And then - we can change everything.

If this sounds too weird to be true, here's some food for thoughts:

forums.astraldynamics.com...

The following link is also there, but I'll repeat it here for convenience. It's a very serous, scientific, Quantum Mechanics / General Relativity attempt at describing this world (menu to the right of that page has much more information).

It's pretty close, but not quite there yet (by my own experiences, at least).

specularium.org...

Why is this world designed like this?

That's another question, but not for this thread. I posted what I came to understand of the reasons behind it in another thread here on ATS. One can look for it if one is interested. I don't have that many posts here, so that shouldn't be too hard.

If no one's interested, well - nothing lost, nothing gained.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
when i get de ja vu i realize it in the middle while its occuring and then i change whats going to happen,

i sometimes get double de ja vu and once i got a triple (it screws up you mind for like a minute)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have deja vu alot...

my weirdest experience with deja vu was actually being able to finish someone's sentence because somehow I knew what they were going to say.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It happens to me about once or twice a year for a few seconds. I also think it is cool and feels good when it happens. I think it might have someting to do with the time travel-multiple universe theory.

What I mean by that is the theory that I am sure tons of you know about where we are actually living multiple lives at the same time and are trapped in linear time. Time is not linear we just think it is and that is one way the dark ones control us that feed off our fear. Those dang reptiles.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join