It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revenue loses 6,500 people's data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Revenue loses 6,500 people's data

news.bbc.co.uk

The personal details of 6,500 customers belonging to a pension firm have been lost at an office of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in Cardiff.

Names, addresses, date of births, national insurance numbers and pension contributions were included on a data cartridge which has been lost.

The HMRC has apologised about its seventh such loss of data.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The SEVENTH loss by the same people.

OMG, just when do they plan to stop losing stuff?
When will the RFID and national ID card be thrown out of the window by the the UK citizenry?

This is just another example that personal data cannot be trusted in the hands of others. For whatever reason that data is held.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is becoming a joke now. I read that alot of people's data had been lost by the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency).

The Sun

Then, this lunch time, I was reading the most trusted newspaper in the World, The Sun (please note the sarcasm). It said that a hard drive with 3 million driver's data had been lost.

The details of three million candidates for the driving theory test have gone missing, Ruth Kelly has told MPs.

Names, addresses and phone numbers - but no financial information - were among details on a computer hard drive which went missing in the US in May.
BBC Link

It's shocking how much data the government has about us, what's even more shocking is the fact they can't even abide by their own laws and protect our data!

Not quite sure why the data of UK citizens was in the hands of a US company.

It's becoming obvious that the sheer amount of data being held on us isn't for the purpose of a moral nature.

How can the government believe we're comfortable with the National I.D card when they can't even protect data.

I hope the people of the UK stand up against those sly, data-losing idiots. I know I will.

new topics

join