It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police accused of firing Taser into head of innocent man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Police accused of firing Taser into head of innocent man

www.guardian.co.uk

Police fired a 50,000-volt Taser into the head of a 45-year-old company director who later proved to be unarmed and innocent. Daniel Sylvester, the owner of an east London security firm employing 65 staff to guard council offices, pubs and nightclubs, was driving home on October 20 when he was stopped by armed police because of "firearms related intelligence".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Again the police use torture. And for what? To allow them to gain access for a search of an innocent, possibly on totally cooked up theories of said innocent being armed.

Granted, they may not have had any idea if he was armed or not, Yet it does seem that the man willingly and readily complied with instructions given to him.

The argument that a taser deployment was cautionary is completely irrelevant as the law for the use of tasers states,

Tasers should be deployed "where officers are facing violence or threats of violence of such severity that they would need to use force to protect the public, themselves and/or the subject(s) of their action".

Quote taken from same news report as posted.

There is use and there is abuse and it seems that abuse is used more than reasonable cause.

Ban the taser, ban torture.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This does seem to be a trend. My knee jerk reaction is one of contempt for those who feel they can abuse the responsibility they were given, but I would like to add a reminder that these news stories do not reflect the majority of our law enforcement.

That said, maybe there should be a common sense course taught in the acadamy...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think that cops have plenty of common sense. The ones who use the taser all willy nilly are likely the ones who have a penchant for cruelty.

new topics

top topics

join