It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intergalactic 'shot in the dark' shocks astronomers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hello ats,

this is my first time posting but i'v been reading the forum for awhile.

i found something that might help out . here's the link

news.yahoo.com...

Caught on Tape: Galactic Violence

Black hole death ray

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My first thought was a rogue star. But I'd probably need more info on the topic.

Can anyone tell me what the 'electric universe' is? All I get on Wikipedia is an article about a German Trance group.

---
End communication!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The reason they dont understand what caused this is becasue they are not thinking in terms of the new pardigm of plasma and electricity in space. According to the current nuclear energy models it is very hard to explain how an area with nothing much in it can produce that amount of energy, but using the Electric universe it is easy to explain.

When you are using the electricity in your house you are not generating it in your house, the actual power is being generated hundreds of miles away in a power station. This is the same that is happening here, two currents at different potentials would not be noticed by any space equiptment until they come into contact with each other and cause a huge energetic discharge to equalize the charge.

Basically the two areas of charged particles are at different electric potentials, one positive, one negative, and it is only when they come into contact and react with each other that this potential energy is turned into heat and light energy. So the energy has not been created out of nothing, it was always there as electrical potential energy, it just needed movement in the galaxy to cause the initial spark.

When the electrical forces involved are great enough they will simultaneously create powerful magnetic fields that compress and implode the plasma by means of a z-pinch process. The imploding cylindrical plasma produces an X-ray pulse which can create a shock wave in a target structure. When the forces become great enough they start nuclear reactions in the atoms, and release huge amounts of energy. Exactly the same process which sandia has replicated in plasmas with their Z-machine; www.plasma-universe.com...

Nuclear fusion has never been replicated in any tests whereas z-pinch plasma fusion has. Mainstream astronomers are too busy treating Einsteins work as their bible and not paying attention to the various new discoveries in plasma physics. Pity, if they payed attention they might actually get something right soon, and not find every event in space to be an even bigger mystery than the last one.

Yet more evidence of electrical activity in space.

good find

[edit on 19-12-2007 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah i read this the other day, could be a galaxy coming to an abrupt end, for one star alone to do it all by itself out there light years away from other stars makes me think it could have being another galaxy exploding???

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My theory of this hypothetical question is that the quantum quarrels as to what this is pletative questioning about galactic chaosmatic changes in the aqualative carundanium aforium universe could stand for and the croniunium fessels of life in the universe is going on, to the quantanium catalistic faroura of a gigantical explosion deep in space, has perplexing corrolated jumps in quasars and protons with an amanse of antimatteral gases, dude.

Sorry about the above if you have tried reading it, I just made most of the words up, as to me this is how some of the posts sound on here to me, I am a layman and don't understand some terms some of you use, so was just trying to cheer you up.

Anyway my thoughts on this is you can have all the theories you want, but the only people that are going to tell us what it is, is those that know the truth ie, scientists, then goverments.
If it ends up being natural then we will probably be told the truth as to what caused it, if it is caused by some alien race then we will be told a lie and that it is natural, so really will we ever know just what it is?.
Because in the end we always have to believe in what the experts say, no matter what they tell us, except for the few like ATS readers who use their brains and ask questions if something doen't sound right.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
colz2000, sometimes I know how you feel. ^^

More on to that. The first comment on the Sources page goes for that Plasma cosmology. Favorite theory in this case too :?

According to plasma cosmology, the universe is pervaded by an intertwined web of Birkeland currents. These currents are normally invisible, and are detectable only by their magnetic tell-tales.

Occasionally, the plasma double layers which separate different charge potentials explode, releasing large amounts of energy. There is no requirement to actually have a star at the location of the explosion in this scenario. The only thing needed is an instability insulating walls of the Birkeland currents. The location of this explosion is likely the nexus of several current strands.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by inthemistandfog]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Cool article!
I guess it would be possibe that there is a massive dust cloud in the area between us and the object (star, galaxy,...). That would block out the light from the object, but we could still detect the gamma ray burst.

Or it could be the Death Star.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this may be the working of a spirit bomb unleashed by our friend, Goku. I always knew DBZ was real!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
All I know is that the more we find out about the universe around us is the less we understand.

We are talking about something that happened over 9 million years ago. It's not affecting my cable tv reception, so I won't bother more with it.

Good find however BC.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
it gives me a laugh at how a lot of ATSers groupie the electric universe theory with such certainty, despite 90% of them not being trained scientists (let alone being trained in astronomy/physics). there isn't any GREAT cover up in science, you'll find that most professors aren't disinformation agents trying to sway the general public off course. they've spent a lot of time studying and being trained.. and some even go as far to dedicating a large piece of their life to their work.

they are the experts, not you.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
it gives me a laugh at how a lot of ATSers groupie the electric universe theory with such certainty, despite 90% of them not being trained scientists (let alone being trained in astronomy/physics).

Well i dont fall into that bracket, unfortunately. And why would you question a theory such as plasma cosmology that has such high academic support from a vast range of top scientists?

there isn't any GREAT cover up in science, you'll find that most professors aren't disinformation agents trying to sway the general public off course. they've spent a lot of time studying and being trained.. and some even go as far to dedicating a large piece of their life to their work.

they are the experts, not you.

There is not a great cover up in science, you are correct. The trouble is that not many scientists even know about this theory. They we're brought up studying about gravity, about Newtons laws of motion, and fluid motion in gasses and liquids, hardly any of them have taken a course in electronics, or plasma physics. And since the universe is 99.999% plasma (Electric space: Evolution of the plasma universe, Astrophysics and Space Science, Volume 244), applying the newly discovered properties of plasma to the universe is surely the next logical step for astronomy.

So no, you are correct there is not a cover up, its more the fact that most astronomers dont have a clue what plasma physicists have been talking about for the last fifty years. Its only now with the advent of the internet that they are beggining to pay attention.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by ZeuZZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join