It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling Arguements for King's Peak DUMB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Certainly there being no physical evidence of a secret facility within the proximity of a geographical landmark would seem to argue against it's existence. However, how secret would a secret facility be if there were physical evidence? I would argue that a lack of evidence would be the first, but less compelling arguement for the existence of a secret, especially where the government were concerned.

Indeed, to prove a negative is exceedingly difficult, especially with another negative, such as lack of physical evidence.

These facts, which are not proof of the existence of a DUMB in the Uintah Range, are distinctly indicitave from a historical standpoint that the probability is higher than normal.

1. More than 2 people believe it is there. It qualifies by definition as a conspiracy [theory].

2. The State of Utah is comprised of more federally owned land, per area, than any other U.S. state.

3. A simple web search strung from keywork 'King's Peak' in 2000 resulted in immediate hits to sites relating to the idea of a DUMB. A search currently results in some positive returns, but as deep into the search as 40 hits. This leads me to believe that priority of subject matter has been manipulated at some point, by someone. I tested this on several engines, then and now.

4. Utah has enjoyed, in the past, a very lucrative industry of radioactive minerals mining within the Wasatch and Uintah range, and government has been closely tied to the mining industry.

5. Ezra Taft Benson, Secretary of Agriculture under the Eisenhower administration '53 to '61, and later President of the LDS church was a staunch advocate of mining, oil, and natural gas industries. It is also important to note that as S of A under Eisenhower, he would have had to have been at least privy to projects relating to the construction of the great many DUMBs that were created under said administration, if not totally complicit. This includes the Cheyenne Mountain facility. As a side note, anyone with such position in the Executive branch, with such close ties to a church with an estimated worth in holdings near $40 billion, requires and demands harsh scrutiny.

6. Utah is home to the largest open pit mine structure in the world. It is one of few isolated man-made landmarks visible from space with the unaided eye.

7. Utah is already laden with open, but still secret military facilities such as Tooele Army Depot and Dugway Proving Ground, and has housed and developed for years facilities related to the research and production of chemical and biological weapons. Not to mention the Four Corners Facility.

8. The University of Utah, whose implicit involvement with secret government projects currently and in the past, is situated firmly against the foothills of the Wasatch Range. It has a large beneath ground compliment of facilites to include a sizeable nuclear reactor large enough to sustain power to the greater Salt Lake Valley indefinitely. It's power infrastructure is completely underground, and independent of the power grid of the rest of the city. It is also within relative proximity to King's Peak (less than 120 km). (I worked with a utility location company for a time and was able to peruse maps of all utility infrastructure of the area.)

9. Also within proximity to King's Peak is Hill AFB, whose combat flight training range extends conspicuously around the area in question. Hill is also situated on the foothills of the Wasatch range with unimpeded access to the Uintah range beyond. I believe the geographical location of both Hill AFB and the U of U would facilitate ease of access to a DUMB from underground, and that infrastructure for power and water would be relatively simple to extend to the King's Peak area.

There are further compelling facts that relate to the King's Peak debate, but for the sake of courtesy and brevity, I will save them for another post. While I concede that these facts are not conclusive, it has been concluded that there are over 100 DUMBs in ConUS and they have to be somewhere.

One factor that is a strong arguement for the absense of a DUMB in the King's Peak area is the risk that would be posed to such a facility by the large Wasatch fault line which terminates at the Yellowstone super caldera, as well as the caldera itself.

DeltaChaos Out

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Read my signature and then know you are correct.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I always belived Wyoming to be the most federally owned state in the Union. I'll need proof on that point.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I always belived Wyoming to be the most federally owned state in the Union. I'll need proof on that point.

Sorry, all. I got bad info.

Actually, according to these stats, we're both wrong.

Apparently, as of FY2000, Nevada is #1 in federally owned land by state, which doesn't come as a surprise to me.

See PDF here:
www.governor.utah.gov...

As an interesting note, compare the differences between FY2000 and FY1994.

See PDF here:
w3.access.gpo.gov...

I wonder if these sources were tabulated by different method, or if there actually was such a drastic change from '94 to '00.

Maybe they are being liars to us!

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

join