It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security invades Colleges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Something is fishy here....

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- With classes like "Terrorism Risk Assessment" and "Radioactive Materials" already in course catalogs, community colleges are trying to cement their position as the country's leader in homeland security education.

Click here for rest of story...

Lets just brain wash more people! Thats just what it seems like....

Is this good or bad? You deside!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
2 entries found for indoctrination.

To instruct in a body of doctrine or principles.
To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view: a generation of children who had been indoctrinated against the values of their parents.

And that is exactly what it sounds like, kids are being reeducated in the theories of paranoia and risk assessment, this is not a good thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Having current exposure to the college 'life' and various academic programs, one in particular, what you are seeing is not necessarily "brain washing" or "indoctrinations of paranoia". Its simply information awareness and assessment. In some cases, these subjects, such as "Terrorism Risk Assessment" and "Radioactive Materials" are being added to the Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement Majors core curriculum's because 'terrorism' and the need to understand 'terrorism' are becoming a necessary part of this area of learning and study.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i think classes like those listed above not only will make the u.s. population much more WATCHFULL OF THEIR NEIGHBOR, but will also make the public more sympathetic to the plight of the terrorist. you know, cause he is just an average joe fighting for what he thinks is right and who are we to tell them that it is wrong. so the terrorist kills innocent people..it is comparable to the innocent people killed by the govt. whats wrong with a little 'eye for eye'.
your grandfathers kind killed my family , so i must kill you type of thinking....students that take these classes will probably get a bumper sticker......'I am A CITIZEN graduate of terrorism 101'...

new topics

top topics

join