It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Glenn Beck for 1 hour 12/18 CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
OK here is a chance for Ron Paul to speak his mind without editing. I'm looking forward to the discussion. I really enjoy Glenn Beck and Ron Paul is my man for 08 at this point. Check your local listings for the Glenn Beck show tonight 12/18 on CNN.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty excited about this too. Side by side you'd figure Glenn and Ron would be lock step with their opinions (just like Glenn and Alex Jones should be) but I think Glenn has this side to him that would like to see morality and religion legislated into people's lives as much as he claims not to feel that way. I listen to him everyday and watch him nearly everyday and the feeling I get is that he is okay with government intrusion in the name of religion/morality.

I think that stems from his recovering/addict new-found Mormonism thing. I work and live with an awful lot of recovering addicts and they seem to have this common belief that unless somebody forced religion onto them they would be dead in the gutter so religion should be forced upon everyone. Sorry for any AA/NA people out there who feel offended but I really can't stand you guys.

Other than that I really like Glenn's opinions. But I am convinced that is at the core of his lack of support for Ron Paul and his making enemies with Alex Jones. Otherwise all three of these guys should be best friends if you look at the issues and their opinions.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I also listen to Glenn every day and I plan to vote Ron Paul in the general election. I've come to know that Glenn is ideally libertarian, essentially republican, and officially independent. Given the fact that he is/was an addict, he has become hesitant. My father is like that. Secretly spends his life in fear of making the wrong decision. Out of this kind of thought comes paranoia, hence Beck's focus on our security and foreign policy. He truly understands what it's like to suffer and ruin your life, and he won't ever forget how it can happen without your even noticing.

I thought Glenn seemed tense during the entire interview. One of the things i like about him is that he respects his guests regardless of his personal opinion of them. I think he exercised a bit of restraint in some questioning because he wanted to be the first guy to give him a fair shake.

Overall, i think he did just that. He gave Ron good opportunity to explain his positions throughout the show. Whether viewers can identify with enough to give him a closer look is another story. He takes some pretty hard stances on things and he isn't afraid to be honest about his opinions. That can burn you sometimes too!

The worst part was toward the end when Glenn brought up threats on his life by people who support Ron Paul. This gave me a sick feeling because it made me feel like Ron was being put in a very tricky position where he is meant to either defend or denounce these people when really, he shouldn't have to do either.

I also thought it was strange that Glenn took time to read quotes that never belonged to Ron Paul regarding the 9/11 conspiracy. He doesn't believe in the 9/11 conspiracy and never has. He doesn't believe our government planned this, he called it preposterous. I think it was a bold attempt to tie some wingnut idea to Ron Paul. I hope it didn't work.

Keep an eye out, i hear he's going to be on Meet the Press soon. His days of no-media coverage may be nearing their end.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It turned out better than I expected. I know exactly what you mean when you say Paul is so honest he can actually burn you. There were moments when I was actually hoping he wouldn't answer the way he feels because I was afraid the majority out there watching would be turned off.

God, isn't it sad that I expect my neighbors and fellow Americans to actually be afraid of freedom and react negatively to liberty?

I listen to Alex Jones everyday too and there an awful lot of people who have somehow made this connection between the "9/11 Truth" movements and people who support Ron Paul. That really pisses me off. But I'm glad Glenn cleared it up on national television.

I'm also glad Glenn didn't catch him with that "guaranteed government loan" crap for building nuclear plants. I was sitting with my teeth grinding thinking "no Paul, no, he's tricking you" then when Paul answered "absolutely not, that would be a mal-investment let free enterprise work" I jumped up out of my chair and punched the ceiling.

I wish I had recorded it.

Anybody find the whole thing online somewhere please post a link.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The worst part for me was toward the end when Glenn brought up the threats on his life, and the 9/11 conspiracy theorists and their "ties" to Ron Paul. To me it seemed like a tactical statement focused on exposing Paul as a kook to Beck's audience.

Of course Ron was able to defend those accusations, but i don't know how much that matters. It's very easy for people to say "these sources say YOU are tied to this," and to bring up all these alleged examples. Even when you defend yourself and shoot down those rumors, the damage is already done in many cases. I wonder if that's what Glenn was looking to do there.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The interview is also posted on Glenn Beck's website. Interview

I hope I can find a way to download it also.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Looks like there's a torrent floating around of the complete interview:

torrent

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anybody catch the banner at the bottom of the screen during the interview? It was reporting about the Huckabee "cross" ad and his response to it where Huckabee jokingly said "Yeah, and if you play it backwards it says Paul is dead, Paul is dead, Paul is dead...

I find it funny that CNN chose to run this particular banner DURING the interview with the good doctor. You can watch it here: www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join