It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW: Civility and Decorum are Required

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Usually is the key word here.

Please, don't anyone go to the latest Obama is the antichrist thread because I was spouting off a bit there.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My apologies for offending anyone, however when the person I responded to began attacking MY country and its' Queen, sorry too much.

No offense was intended, but I figured the other party might have paid the price too.

Oh well.

My Bad I guess!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Speaking as someone who knows, I've found that most members are pretty forgiving, but I've also found something else:
ATS is not just another site, it's a learning experience and sometimes the learning curve can be pretty steep.

That said, if you can learn from your mistakes in this incredible community, it will also make you a better person in "real" life - at least that's been my experience.

Some people use baiting as a weapon, and it's all too easy to go down the same path - when this happens you have choices:
The ignore button
The mods
"Walking" away
Maintaining your own civility - if someone is baiting you, looking for a response, nothing will work better in the face of provocation than repeated civility.

I don't know what you did, and I don't much care - the fact that you have spoken out and apologised speaks volumes about your character.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eyemagistus

Eyemagistus, a very brief look at your posting history exposes you for the troll you are. It's not really fair to cry now after the completely nasty way you have talked to almost everyone who disagrees with you.

I simply don't understand the mentality or logic of those who poke, poke, and poke other members but fall back to play the victim or cry about 'the other guys' who are ruining the site.

I'm almost willing to bet money you are from another site. Take care.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You can't possibly have read this post and believe any of that:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can accept the possibility of almost anything. There is no point in trying to have an intelligent discussion with people who are convinced they own the ultimate truth by pretending religion is science and don't understand either. I recognize you as one of the "true believers."
By the way, I am not from another site. I have actually done plenty of professional research and development using real science.
How close is calling someone a "troll," to being considered a personal insult?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This may be a little ironic, but you two shouldn't argue so much, especially in the Civility and Decorum thread. One of you'll is going to end up getting warned if you keep talking bad to each other.

Fox

p.s I'm not saying its one person inparticular, I'm not choosing sides, I'm just saying it as a preemptive post.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Hey there. I don't plan on getting into it any further with him and it wasn't good judgment on my part or very nice of me to call him a troll although it is my honest assessment after looking through his posting history. My above comment is the only thing I plan to say to him.

I guess I'm just tired of seeing certain members creating problems yet it is always 'someone else' bringing down ATS. Two mods already stepped in on the thread in question and I saw the post before it was removed. It was filled with personal insults and attacks so I couldn't help but speak up once I saw what happened in that thread now being used as a grievance against ATS in this thread. I should have stayed out of it because the above poster and I have never exchanged words but curse my mother-hen personality!

[edit on 7/11/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I COMPLETELY understand the reason for removing pointless posts; who's primary intent is to offend and disrupt meaningful discussion. As I'm sure you have pondered to great length, it does constitute censoring, which is risky in any form. To combat this issue, I suggest the creation of a forum to which the removed posts could be moved along with some means of reference; still leaving behind replacement content similar to what occurs now. In this way the inappropriate post can be disempowered, but not censored from existence. Possible?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Hi,

Sorry I'm anonymous because I'm new and haven't registered yet. Would this idea be too much work for the moderators:

Send an email to the person sending a questionable post and say "We are considering banning your post. Would you like to consider rewording it without the insulting or abusive remarks?"

That way they can still get their points out without abuse and will also get good practice in writing more civil posts.

Thanks,

D.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I will be honset here and say that i just did some flaming on some subject..

the only thing i flame at is questions that make no sens and people wanting then to hurt themsefls

I dont agree im happy to read but sometimes one needs to flame at others and i will only do that in 2 ways., stupid hoax or someone playing god and saying exhaust your body to the point of collapse

becouse thats not on...

I do not wish to get banned but this is far far over the edge for me

I would rarther read some insane guy say hes alien and whatever but when it comes to the safty of another human no matter who it is
then such comments as exhaust your body to the point of collapse

are totaly way way over the line for me.. I have had 2 comments removed becouse i felt it was bad to say such things,,

ATS is a good place but also has resonisblty to note let some nut say things like this...

yes be free to think but dont let people make another persons life endanger like this..

very very
right now..

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Making ATS A Better Place

The nature of ATS is such that most members are likely to strongly disagree with other members about something. Being able to discuss those disagreements without being flamed, threatened or harassed is fundamental to what ATS is about.

If a post violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, then please let us know by using the ALERT button for that post or submitting a complaint.

If you disagree with a post that does not violate the T&C, then you are quite welcome to reply and express the reason for your disagreement -- provided that you also do so in accordance with the rules.

If you choose to violate the terms & conditions, no matter how justified you might feel in doing so, then your posts and/or account may be subject to corrective action.

It's really not at all complicated.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join