It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Possible' Explanation Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
By no means am I suggesting this accounts for all of the sightings purported over the years. Just a possibility.

I came across the following video and the first thing that came to me was... this could be a possible explanation for some of the sightings that have been reported, valid or hoax.

If not considered for some of the 'UFO' sightings, it could be a good candidate for many 'Flying Witch' sightings of the past. Picture someone dressed all in black, with maybe some minor detailing to the suit.

Its quite a stretch, but a cool video none the less.

Mountain Wingsuit
( should start automatically )

Of course, there is always the obvious flaws of 'Hang time', and not all being in mountainous areas, but still a miniscule possibility.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't know about sightings.. but holy crappers thoose guys fly close to the walls!!!

I wouldnt have the guts to try this myself, thats for sure.

Very cool video!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Great video, makes me want to try that. It looks like fun and I'm all about that stuff.

The problem with the comparison however, is that these suits are in a constant descent. Whatever is in the "witch" videos is upright and going almost perfectly lateral for the entire movie. Also, the witch doesn't look like its going that fast, it looks so deliberate, thats why its creepy. And as far as I know about these suits, upward movement is next to impossible, given that it would have to exceed the weight and upward draft of the person's total area.

Still, a possibility, if maybe there was a suit that was altered to do such things (like a miniature hang glider made for very intricate movement).

Nice theory, nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Holy moley monkeys!! What an amazing video! From someone who gets dizzy if I jump up and down I'm quite jealous! Those guys are either insane...or are having the best time ever!!!
(Are we sure its not a very clever advert for a new Playstation game??
)

Seriously though, whilst these guys would certainly frighten the bejeesus out of someone who isn't expecting to see them, they would hardly instill the feeling of an otherworldy visitor flying through our skies.
Maybe them shouting: "Whooooo Hoooooooo!!" as they tear past would give the game away.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As mentioned, it was a stretch.

A couple different views made me think of the witch vids, but again, not enough hang time.

And like someone mentioned, that would be an awesome ride. ( insert big cajones here ).

new topics

top topics

join