It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccan Yule Wreath Vandalized

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
After reading the story, it sounds like somone just took the wreath down and tossed it behind some shrubs inflicting "minor damage". And left their ladder. Twit.

Yeah, I was thinking that was a possibility, as well.+

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is horrfying. I'm beyond words! What is christianity coming to?

I'm Roman Catholic and that's just (insert expliciave here)!

I say it's time to take down a few prodestant tributes just to keep things even.

I mean, if all is fair in love and war - why should anything be left standing?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think that Christmas is Christmas (read, it has "Christ" in it) and all attempts to celebrate it and other Christian holidays in some kind of interfaith manner are bound to be artificial, insincere and will be perceived as such. Those who took down the pagan symbol off the Nativity scene might have felt this way as well.

People are and should be free to pick their religion, but heck, some of us take it seriously and don't want Christian symbols in company of other faths' artifacts. That wreath nonsense is one PC frenzy. What next, painting pentagrams in the Nativity Chapel just in time for Sunday mass??

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So, Buddha, if there was a mass celebration of the Winter Solstice, I assume you wouldn't be "offended" then, eh? I mean, I am a Christians, just not a Christian fascist.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
To be honest, it may not have even been a Christian who committed the act. However, it is always a knee jerk reaction to assume that it is...Whether that is fair or not is a whole other topic.

I agree let no spoil the story with finger pointing, that is what is turning this forum into a battler ground, that goes for religious and none religious.

If somebody thinks that vandalizing a Wreath is going to prove a point it only proves ignorance.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Silence. Yeah, that's about the response I expected.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So, Buddha, if there was a mass celebration of the Winter Solstice, I assume you wouldn't be "offended" then, eh?

No, and I wouldn't be hanging crosses around on that occasion either.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Actually even when Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus by bible time line Dec 25 was not even the right day so what is been celebrated is actually the winter solstice, so who invaded what.

I am been funny not meaning to start a fight of what belongs to who.

Anyway I love the holidays be winter solstice celebration or the birth of the Bible Jesus.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Silence. Yeah, that's about the response I expected.

If you are talking to me, may I remind you that you are not in a chat room and this is not a real time mode of communication. Peace, and bye.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here is a decent write up on the origins of Christmas. It seems historicly accurate...

www.allaboutjesuschrist.org...

enjoy..

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

Most likely Christ was born during the month of June or July. December 25th was the date of celebration set by Constantine... Why? Well, Constantine himself was a member of the Solar order of that day and time, Invictus Sol.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

yes you are right I am too lazy today to look for links, but actually Constantino did his mother wishes when it came to the new Christian Religion, even when he waited to be in his dying bed to become a Christian.

He always had a thing for the sun god.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

or it could have been a convenient way to introduce a new religion to pagans whose rituals were set on solar schedules. it seems more like brilliant marketing to me. why, on a conspiracy site, does the "brilliant marketing" angle never seem to get any voice?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

that's just stupid... why bother taking the time to vandalize something... silly intolerance gets us nowhere

did the atheists have a blank sign on display?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

No, the sign actually said "let's get f***g wasted".

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It gets a voice everytime you post,Madness...

I think everyone is quite aware of your stance in regards to Christianity and religion in general... There is nothing new there.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Buddha, I don't think that was very nice. This thread is not to bash ANY religion or non-religion. Another thing, Buddha, the Winter Solstice was celebrated by Pagans WAYYYYY before Christmas was. Personally, I think that all traditions should be recognized at Christmas and I think it's a good thing to have interfaith displays. It educates all of us as to the different meanings of "Christmas", Solstice, Islam, Christian or ?? It is at least a start on all of us being tolerant to other religions. Also, I don't mind at all that a Nativity scene is placed next to a Pentacle. There is room for all religions and I believe that each religion contributes something positve to the world; we can all benefit from learning about other religions. What is your objection to having a Pentacle next to a Nativity scene? I'm sincerely curious.

TS: I love the "blank sign" thing, that's funny! And thank you for the lovely compliment about my "good heart". I truly appreciate that you can see I try to have a good heart.

Even though I'm Pagan, I still celebrate Christmas every year and I love it. Why? Because I honor the birth of Jesus, a truly great and wise being, who encouraged all of us to love and respect each other. We also celebrate the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year, after which, the days begin to grow longer. When you live in a cold area with no greenery 5 months out of the year, you come to really appreciate the days growing longer. It means that spring, a glorious time, is not far behind.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I suggest you visit this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Buddha, I don't think that was very nice.

Forest Lady,

I was hoping for a sense of humor on the receving end. I'm the last person on the planet to be actually bashing atheists... Just so you know. Coincidentally, I don't mind getting wasted once in a while. So your anger is quite misdirected.

But please, keep the pagan wreaths away from the Nativity scene displays. I think it's in bad taste. The wreaths look much better by themselves... In the woods, perhaps.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Marg, long time no see.

Do you seriosuly find my joke offensive? If so, I apologize to you and all members who thought likewise. I seriously underestimated the level of festiveness in your mood.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join