It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Identity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Neo, the most damage done to this country has been at the hands of the Conservative party. Not only did they sell our country to the States, no offence to our new overlords, been that way for 20 years, but they preserved Canadian heritage. Remember Tommy Hunter, remember Rita Mcneil, remember Anne Murrry, Yeah I didn't like their music either, BUT it was Canadian. We have new music too. Nickleback, Sloan, they're coast to coast. Dude do us all a favour, either move to the States, that you love, or take Canada off your panel, because you don't represent Canada.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh and back to the original subject, I don think that Canada has any single Identity. Canada has many different identities and thats because of the diversity of people in this country.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Our identity is comlpacency.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
And back to politics.

When it comes to New Brunswick, its a liberal government under the leadership of Louis Robichaud that built this province and made it what it is today back in the 60's. He gave an equal opportunity, dignity and a political voice to the french on the province. Louis Robichaud did a world of good for this province.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What do you feel for Frank McKenna?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To be totaly honest I was too young to understand politics when he was in power to really have an oppinion on that (i'm 19).

I know, its screwed up, I know more about politics in the 60's than from the last decade. Why? Because I never really paid much attention to politics untill these last few years but I did manage to watch a documentary about New Brunswick's and a bit of Canada's politics in general in the 60's in my sociology class at university.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Neo, the most damage done to this country has been at the hands of the Conservative party. Not only did they sell our country to the States, no offence to our new overlords, been that way for 20 years, but they preserved Canadian heritage. Remember Tommy Hunter, remember Rita Mcneil, remember Anne Murrry, Yeah I didn't like their music either, BUT it was Canadian. We have new music too. Nickleback, Sloan, they're coast to coast. Dude do us all a favour, either move to the States, that you love, or take Canada off your panel, because you don't represent Canada.

Sorry but you are mistaken, that is what the liberals want you to believe and you believe it. The Conservatives only wanted Nafta and freetrade in the Americas, while it was the Liberals that wanted economic ties to France, Europe and globalism in general. What did the Liberals due when they defeat Mulroney's Conservatives? NOTHING. Nafta is still here and under Chretien they started talking about freetrade for the Americas. Martin in annother turncoat and worse than the Conservatives. At least Conservatives think it is smarter to compete with a Mexican factory than a Chinese one like you friends the Liberals want to do.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
Oh and back to the original subject, I don think that Canada has any single Identity. Canada has many different identities and thats because of the diversity of people in this country.

There is too much diversity in this country now and it is destroying it.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

And back to politics.

When it comes to New Brunswick, its a liberal government under the leadership of Louis Robichaud that built this province and made it what it is today back in the 60's. He gave an equal opportunity, dignity and a political voice to the french on the province. Louis Robichaud did a world of good for this province.

Really? NB is not is good shape and two families own the whole damn place from what I am told.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

To be totaly honest I was too young to understand politics when he was in power to really have an oppinion on that (i'm 19).

I know, its screwed up, I know more about politics in the 60's than from the last decade. Why? Because I never really paid much attention to politics untill these last few years but I did manage to watch a documentary about New Brunswick's and a bit of Canada's politics in general in the 60's in my sociology class at university.

Wow 19 and study of politics in a sosc class? You sure act like you know what you are talking about.

So that makes you an expert?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I never claimed to be an expert

Now I grow tired of this conversation, if you'll excuse me, i'll move on to more interesting topics.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse meh for not being Mr. Politics god I mean I can only take so much of their BS before I get sick of it and stop listening

2 edists!!! damn typos

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Ranger]

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That flag man, what banana republic is that from?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So now you want to attack my flag huh? It's the acadian flagl
And its a cool banana republic. Now stop picking on me, really.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I didn't know it was acadian. It looked like some flag from central america.

Where are you in acadia? I've travelled all around the Island and I was also in badeck.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm in North eastern NB, if you look real carefully and remove the star what do you get? The French flag!!! What does that mean? we are of french origin but we have our own culture seperate from them and Quebec.

Peace - .:Ranger007:. oxxx[=======>

edit: and no, I dont study politics, I study computer science, I just took that class as an option without really knowing what it was. I mentioned that in the first place to point out just how much politicaly ignorant.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sorry Ranger, why am I talking about acadia when you are in NB? So which part of NB is considered acadia, or is all of it considered acadia?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Acadia is kind of vague its the areas of the atlantic provinces that have significant french populations. Originaly, before the british took over its was NB, NS, PEI, and portions of eastern Maine. Nowadays its wherever the acadians are ( sounds vague, I know) parts of NB, NS, PEI, Maine and even Louisiana. Yup thats right Cajun = Acadian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join