It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Identity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
VIVE LE QUEBEC!!!

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Tim Hortons on every corner, literally. That's Canada for you! I don't really like Tim Hortons coffee, though. I prefer Country Style, if I drink it at all.
I read somewhere that Canada has the highest per capita basis for coffee shops per person than any other country in the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it, IMMORTAL!
The school I go to has 5 Tim Hortons alone, and probably a dozen other coffee shops. It's crazy.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Let's not forget the gay marriages and the almost legalized marijuana.

People know about this stuff, but i've been reading maclean's and in fact I sent the journalist an email letting him know he was wrong...

The journalist claimed that many americans don't like us now because of the gay/pot thing. But the fact of the matter is, he needs to read more papers over here, and talk to people. Because the people i've talked to, don't really give a #.
They are more concerned with the war and the run for the white house. That journalist embellished i'd say just a little too much. But Maclean's is a biast magazine and I wouldn't expect much from them anyway.

Macleans sucks major! Figures Rogers owns it too.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The provincial gov. didn't give up control of it's resouces, it was taken from us by Mulrony 20 years ago. He signed NAFTA,which was great for Ontario, he allowed foriegn fisheries to farm our waters in treaties, basicly, he sold us away for the rest of the country. Am I bitter, yes. I want to live in my province, not 1200 miles(1900kms) away. I could do it, but it would mean that I would be working at Tim Hortons and let my family live on welfare in another house. That's not happening.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just caught that pot. Quebec can suck my Richard. Or do you pronounce that Richaaaaaaaaard?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The provincial gov. didn't give up control of it's resouces, it was taken from us by Mulrony 20 years ago. He signed NAFTA,which was great for Ontario, he allowed foriegn fisheries to farm our waters in treaties, basicly, he sold us away for the rest of the country. Am I bitter, yes. I want to live in my province, not 1200 miles(1900kms) away. I could do it, but it would mean that I would be working at Tim Hortons and let my family live on welfare in another house. That's not happening.

Well man again I cannot totally disagree with you but what the ell happened with hydro Quebec? Besides the fisheries was also ruined by people down east too. You know those fish processing plants and bigger ships that are owned and controlled by the east coasts prominent citizens?

Frankly I think that fish farming is the future of the east coast anyways along with tourism and some smattering of high tech (if they can use the oil money for that).

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I wouldn't doubt it, IMMORTAL!
The school I go to has 5 Tim Hortons alone, and probably a dozen other coffee shops. It's crazy.

Yah I know Canadians are coffee addicts! Ever seen the lineup at a Tim Hortons drivethru? They get nasty sometimes I tell ya!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
lol, ya, I have. The ones on the highway (400) going North and South are crazy. Best to just go in.

And then there's the mini Tim Hortons within gas stations. lol
They have good sandwiches there.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
*Looks at insite*

Hey I'm a french from the east

I'll get right to the point with my opinion on this.

*Gives the double middle finger salute*

How dare you generalize a whole part of the country as being bad people
I dont like the perception the west has of french people, its quite warped
Have you at least ever been to the east?

Vive L'Acadie, Vive la France, Vive le Qubec, a bas les rasistes de l'ouest!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Neo, three problems with the fishery. One- we allow foriegn fishers more than we should for trade balances later. Two- believe it or not, the increased seal population devoures more fish. And third, things are not as bad as the scientists would lead us to believe because they would not want to look foolish, probably to let the foriegn fishing to go on. This is the major industry of the province and we are crippled.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ranger,

I still like your trailer park boys avatar.

Yes I have been down east, been in quebec lets see, gaspe, acadia, PEI, NB, NS and NF. Haven't been to Labrador yet which is a shame cause I got an aunt from there.

Furthermore you are correct, all the people in Quebec are not bad people but it is the people that run your province that bother me. Do you know what it is like to learn a language that you have no need to learn? French for most people outside of Quebec is a waste of time frankly. Look at the massive cost.

I also maintain that Quebec is a spoiled daughter in this country and it is Ottawa's job to cater to its needs. Recent example, Martin decides to use EI system to give Canadians 'compassionate care leave.' The only province that has a problem with this is Quebec. Why? They got to do their own thing no matter what. These people are tiring and frankly I am tired of paying via taxes to build up that place just so they can separate from us in the long run anyways. I say 'go now!'

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is French then there is Quebers. My my grandmother was french but she was from N.B.. There is also a french shore in N.S.. Again, there is a large French presence in Ont. and Man.. The problem is catering to Queb. so they won't seceed. Remember there is also a large Engish speaking population in Queb., Maybe these are the ones that have been keeping this country together.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
French is not a usless language. It is spoken around the world. I can speak ferench, but refuse to do so. I will never go to Montreal, I will go to Mount Royal. It's not because of the language it is because of an experience in Three Rivers.(french translate here.)

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Paying somebody to stay when they already want to go is wasting money IMHO.

Yes there are french outside of quebec but not a lot of people.

Yeah foreigners sucked fish out of the grand banks but what do you expect from a government of French cowards in Ottawa for example!

In regards fish stocks in eastern Canada, I know nothing about this, you may be right.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
A few things I forgot to mention:

-I'm not from Quebec, I'm an Acadian from New Brunswick. We are distinc from Quebecers and I hate it when people generalize us as being the same. There are cases where some Quebecers hate us and we hate them back.
-I dont like the governement in Quebec, they scare the hell outa me and I probaby would'nt like to live there because of them.
-I dont hate people that speak english or people from the west, only racist people who hate the french and the east as a whole. To the rest of you peace!

It's just that when I see someone from the west making us look like a bunch of idiots I dont take it. I'm a freakin' human being just like you, not a stereotype or a statistic and I demand to be treated with decency and respect and in return I will give respect.

Those that hate us blindly can come sit on my middle finger and swivel. Those who respect us on the other hand are fine by me.

My anger here is only aimed at a narrow minded minority, to the rest of you have a nice day and enjoy a Tim Horton's coffee, if so many people line up for it, its because its good.

Peace ya'all (well almost all of you), .:Ranger007:. oxxx[=======>

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Quebec is going nowhere. They have it too good. We have to realize that and cut off the "gravy trough." As to my avatar, I would like to know how to put a sentence below it. It would say," What is hidden will be revealed."

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
A few things I forgot to mention:

-I'm not from Quebec, I'm an Acadian from New Brunswick. We are distinc from Quebecers and I hate it when people generalize us as being the same. There are cases where some Quebecers hate us and we hate them back.
-I dont like the governement in Quebec, they scare the hell outa me and I probaby would'nt like to live there because of them.
-I dont hate people that speak english or people from the west, only racist people who hate the french and the east as a whole. To the rest of you peace!

It's just that when I see someone from the west making us look like a bunch of idiots I dont take it. I'm a freakin' human being just like you, not a stereotype or a statistic and I demand to be treated with decency and respect and in return I will give respect.

Those that hate us blindly can come sit on my middle finger and swivel. Those who respect us on the other hand are fine by me.

My anger here is only aimed at a narrow minded minority, to the rest of you have a nice day and enjoy a Tim Horton's coffee, if so many people line up for it, its because its good.

Peace ya'all (well almost all of you), .:Ranger007:. oxxx[=======>

You know Ranger I'm sure you are a good guy and all that but answer me this:

Why is NB with population below 1 million people, have twice as many liberal party members as Ontario with nearly 12 million population? and three times the members of Quebec with over 7 million population? And if I am not mistaken is it not Liberals that have run Canada for the most part since the early 60s?

If I didn't know better I would say that New Brunswickers (maybe mostly the Irvings btw), were froking the rest of us in Canada?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
But the provincial government is conservative.

Its kinda screwed up in a way, we got liberals in Ottawa, conservatives in Fredericton and the federal deputy for my area is NDP.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yes true but the liberal party federally has an abnormal amount of members from NB. This must be some deal from the Irvings and McCains then. Who else in NB has a lot of clout? But then why are they so left wing and UN positive?

A lot of weird crap.

Did you ever see the picture taken in early 60's in Ottawa that showed: Chretien, Turner, Pearson, Martin, and Trudeau all together.

Were these members of the club of Rome Canada's version of the bonesmen? Everyone of these shysters was a prime minister and a globalist shill!

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by THENEO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join