It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat fleas' journey into the vacuum is a 'one-way trip'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Cat fleas' journey into the vacuum is a 'one-way trip'

www.physorg.com...

Homeowners dogged by household fleas need look no farther than the broom closet to solve their problem. Scientists have determined that vacuuming kills fleas in all stages of their lives, with an average of 96 percent success in adult fleas and 100 percent destruction of younger fleas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: messed up the form...

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is good news for pet owners. No longer do you have to fork out inordinate amounts of cash for all those anti-flea treatments. The researchers have proved conclusively that all you need is a vacuum cleaner.

Hooray for science!

www.physorg.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
That sucks.
But in a good way!

I've always wondered about that. We've always had pets, and sometimes a flea circus came to town. It never seemed to get out of hand, as long as we vacuumed often.

Where I live now, is virtually flea free. Must be the altitude, and the dryness.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I would say though, that you must be thorough in your vaccuming.It must be daily,all carpeted areas,and especially around the edges and in the corners of the room.A few fleas on your cat,can be hundreds of eggs and larvae in your carpets.It also helps to sprinkle plain old table salt all over your carpet and leave it overnight, then vaccume.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I would say though, that you must be thorough in your vaccuming.It must be daily,all carpeted areas,and especially around the edges and in the corners of the room.A few fleas on your cat,can be hundreds of eggs and larvae in your carpets.It also helps to sprinkle plain old table salt all over your carpet and leave it overnight, then vaccume.

Thats true! unless you get your self one of those robot vaccums out there with $100 tags on them... then its easy road from here on end!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I didn't know about the salt. That's good to know although I don't have carpet now just hardwood; much easier to keep clean.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by codex code

Oh you mean a ROOMBA...those things creep me out...like they have a mind of their own....freaks me out...

apc

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I sold vacuums (er... home cleaning systems) once and I encountered a lady who would actually vacuum her cat. I poop you not... and the cat seemed to enjoy it. So I tried it on my cat. I didn't see the cat again for a week.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Vacuuming the cat. Like this?

I can't decide if the cat is enjoying it or if it's too fat and lazy to run away.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My cats run like hell if they even see the vaccume..let alone if I plug it in!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Just like me!! I run like crazy if anyone even thinks about domestic chores within a 10 metre radius.

But vacuum a cat, sure that's gotta be fun!!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Vacuuming the cat. Like this?

I can't decide if the cat is enjoying it or if it's too fat and lazy to run away.

LOL thats sooooo cute! i think the cat like it! i can only imagine what the cat was thinking in that moment, and it goes like this:
"well this beats water and soap!"

apc

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Hah. There's like eight physics jokes in there. Or maybe sixteen. teehee.

new topics

top topics

join