It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa get his knickers in a twist over coke and fat kids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

A health-conscious Santa is refusing to wear a pillow under his suit as he believes it promotes child obesity.
Bill Winton, 80, said children traditionally viewed Father Christmas as a chubby role model and grow up thinking it is fine to be overweight.

Has Santa hit the nail on the head or has he just put another in his own coffin?

Angry Santa

The shopping centre he is working in are backing him and to be fair the guy has a point. But should we really start with Santa. Why don't we just remove all the fat people from TV (Starting with the curly haired Dude on Lost!) and the media in general and lets have a fat tax and stuff.

He said: "It makes me wonder why parents allow their children to get into that state and makes me slightly annoyed about it.

Bill discards the pillow to be thin Santa
"The parents and kids have been asking why I'm so thin and I say 'Santa's been on a diet' and everyone is in agreement that it is a good idea.

I agree, There really is no reason to allow your child to become obese. But yet so many are.

Is it a good idea, should Santa loose a few/30 pounds?

MonKey

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hell, I think we ought to do away with Santa all together. I hate that particular icon of the holidays.

I'm supposed to lie to my kids, set them up for a visit from some fat stranger, he supposedly gives them gifts I paid for, and then the impostor gets credit for my purchases?

Not to mention how betrayed I felt when I figured out for myself that my folks had been lying to me for years and he didn't exist, but I still had to pretend for my little sister's sake?

I think Santa stinks. Goodbye and good riddance.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
what about those of us that are overweight due to something passed from the gene pool, why should we have to suffer just because we dont meet the standard of perfection huh? tell me that.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

I don't think that there is any conclusive proof to say that fatness is genetic, yes there are links, but no QED! So to speak.

Anyway this was not meant to be about the massive obesity problem that is swallowing the planet, but is Santa a bad roll model.

Should santa be a fat jolly old elf or Arnie the master of the universe!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am sorry but just because Santa is fat does not mean that it makes it ok for children to be fat.

Just point at Santa and tell your kid "See, that's what happens when you eat too many cookies." and problem solved.

The problem is not with seeing fat people around them, the problem begins at home. Do you really think that teaching children to disrespect fat people is going to solve the problem?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Do you really think that teaching children to disrespect fat people is going to solve the problem?

Not for a second. But then I don't think you should teach children to disrespect anything, there is a big difference between disrespecting someone/thing and having an informed opinion about a subject.

Although both can have a certain amount of ignorance attached to them.

I think that we need better role models for our kids these days. Fat elves and fanny flashing drunk driving pop sluts are not the way to go! Nor are drug abusing sports stars and rappers that # tha police!

Parents, get fit, be healthy and love your kids.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There ya go, we need to worry way more about the drug addicted sports stars, the alcoholic divas and the womanizing rappers than we do about Santa Claus.

top topics

join