It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA open ports in Vista to Spy on you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i read and heard rumours of windows vista having open ports for the nsa to spy on people. remember how microsoft had that little problem anti trust, then it just disappeared and then vista came out. Is there any truth, i was told by one programmer how to fix the open port problem and how to patch it but you think i can remember how to do it. First of all is there any truth to this rumour of open ports for say the nsa?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've heard that the NSA has had a hand in developing several Microsoft Windows operating systems. So it very possible that they have the ability to access your computer.

Don't know if it's true though.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is nothing new actualy, in the older OS's there was something called an "NSA Key". It was a back door in which the government could access computers for information "recovery" and monitoring.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well your best bet is to get a good port scanner and run it on your system to see whats open, whats stealthed, and whats closed.

I recomend Nmap (which was recently featured in "The Bourne Ultimatum") Its a good, comprehensive security scanner. After that, get a strong firewall and close off whatever ports you want/need to.

Of course, that wont stop the NSA from getting into your PC. If they want in, they will get in.

The N(o) S(uch) A(gency) have the resources to break into any system out there.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am in agreement with InSpiteOf. Yes the idea of being monitered freaks me out a bit, but with a French immigrant wife I have gotten use to it. If they want to listen to my calls, read my emails, look through my school documents, watch me drink a few beers with my friends let them.

As much as I am outside the 'norm' and refuse to buy the crap that the government is selling us, I am a good person. I am not involved in anything dark, and honestly if they do have agents spying on me, other than the occasional laugh (at my expense the bastards) there is nothing to see.

So next time I drink a beer I will be sure to mention the NSA in my toasts.

Honestly though, when my wife and I got maried we started having lots of strange issues with our phone. More than once her mother (Calling from France) would complain that she 'felt' like people were listening t our calls.

I got an antique engineers chest for christmas one year and some new tools and i sent it back to New Mexico from Minnesota. For some reason I locked the various entry points and when it got here it was BROKEN open. I called UPS to complain and they were really apologetic. They told me they don't go through peoples stuff like that. I do believe it was the government. In the last 5 years I have gotten so many piece of mail that are already open, and have herd all sorts of strange noises on the phone line, I am almost positive that the government monitors us.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yes there is a computer surveillance program that is operated on udp ports 1025 ,1026. It is fun to get a linus or *BSD firewall and watch what government contractors and what governments actually use this surveillance backdoor.

new topics

top topics

join