It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Airstrike Kills a Top Militant in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Israeli Airstrike Kills a Top Militant in Gaza

mobile.nytimes.com

JERUSALEM - An Israeli airstrike on Monday night killed a senior Islamic Jihad commander and his aide as they drove in a car through northern Gaza City, according to Islamic Jihad radio and the Israeli Army.

The senior official, Majed al-Harazin, 40, was one of the most important Islamic Jihad military commanders in Gaza, and Israel had tried to kill him three times before, according to Islamic Jihad radio, Al Quds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Interesting timing from the Israeli side. They try to deal for peace for one side and from the other side the kill a top Islamic Jihad leader knowing what the consequences of that is going to be.

Don't get me wrong, this person is probably responsible of everything he's accused of, but do they had to kill him? If so why now? Is it worth it to throw away the just recently restarted peace process and moreso open your people to revenge attacks that you know are coming now?

Sometimes I think the Israeli government is run by a bunch of morons.

mobile.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hardly morons.

They know full well what the consequences will be. I rather suspect they are counting on them. This way they can point to their overtures of peace and claim that the Palestinians have no interest in peace when they react to this action.

It's a game they've been playing for a long time.
Do something horrible (come on, an airstrike on a target in the middle of a city full of innocents!!), then cry foul whenever the victims strike back.

Coupled with selective media coverage, it allows them to pretend to be on the moral highground while they continue a campaign of genocide.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Yeah I feel your comments, is the never ending cycle of violence, I just really want to know what the Israeli government hopes to accomplish with this action.

I mean if they had the guy, why not apprehend him? Why choose to kill him knowing that by doing so you might put people in your country in more danger.

Its kind of like a catch22 I guess, and still would have chosen anothe course of action though.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You have to understand that as long as Israel continues to provoke violence, it work in their favor.

Having a few of their people killed isn't just acceptable, it's necessary for their campaign to continue.

The media very rarely looks into the causes for Palestinian violence, nor does it morn the deaths of non-Israelis. As long as Palestinians respond to Israeli aggression, they can be painted as "the bad guys"... no body notices that they are constantly pushed into violence by their oppressors.

What's truly sick is that the Israeli people are just as much victims in this game as the Palestinians.

The Regime must end.
For the good of both peoples.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I dont know how Israelis can get happy by killing a top millitant.
There are thousands out there and another one can be chosen for that position.These top millitants are always replaced and the organisation continues to fight.Killing millitants will only increase thier numbers not decrease.

top topics

join