It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality cases on rise since 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Police brutality cases on rise since 9/11

www.usatoday.com

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors are targeting a rising number of law enforcement officers for alleged brutality, Justice Department statistics show. The heightened prosecutions come as the nation's largest police union fears that agencies are dropping standards to fill thousands of vacancies and "scrimping" on training.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
With all of the news stories concerning tasers, it seems like everyday there is another one about police brutality in America. I didn't need this story to know this is true.

Can we as American's trust the police? Trust is everything to me, and frankly I don't trust them anymore! I don't trust all police to do the right thing, it's a power issue with these people. I choose not to involve myself in power issues, if I can anyway.

They do not seem to be protecting and serving us. The lack of proper training and the need for warm bodies to fill vacancies are showing why this problem is occurring, they need to have better standards of who becomes a police officer.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this news, I personally was wondering if the reason for so many cases of police brutality was just a paranoia about a police state becoming realizaton or if it was something more than just an exaggerated amount of police issues threads.

Well it seems that indeed is something to see and be worry after all.

join