It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspired by Kinglizard's NDE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I don't think that my NDE is nearly as interesting or vivid as Kinglizard's, but i chose to write about it, because something very interesting was brought up by another member there, and I would like more input on it. SEE: www.belowtopsecret.com...

I, too had an NDE some years ago. Mine was the result of double pneumonia. before i begin the story, I just wanted to say that a comment from another member and Kinglizard's testimony inspired me to open a new topic on NDE's. There are so many intelligent ppl here, that i feel sure that some very interesting ideas will be submitted. the comment in Kinglizard's topic came from a member known as Occam. I will submit his/her quote here.

the story is interesting, but could also be a hallucination triggered by the pain, the narcotics and the stress his body was undergoing,

Occam's statement is one that has not eluded me on the possibilities of the causes of NDE's.
Although like Kinglizard, I choose to see mine as a revelation of sorts, I also allow for the fact that it could be an hallucinatory effect. Especially given the fact that I had stopped breathing and had to be revived. it's very hard to express my feelings on this, because between science and God, it can be confusing. My heart feels that it was a very real experience. My head says, "hallucination brought on by the cessation of breathing."
As I stated before, my account isn't nearly as vivid or interesting as Kinglizard and some of the other accounts that I have read here. So I'll just skim through it, so as not to bore anyone.
I developed double pneumonia that seemed to derive from a bacterial source. I had been living in an apartment that had sustained prior flood damage. This event caused the presence of black mold. My first diagnosis was bacterial pneumonia. I didn't think I would ever recover from it or get my strength back. From there I got even sicker and the bacterial pneumonia turned into double pneumonia. I coughed so much for so long, that I damaged one of my ribs.
I was eventually hospitalized and was started on IV's to get mega doses of antibiotics into my system. It seemed a period of days, that I absolutely could not sleep. All the coughing would not let me. I began feeling that I absolutely could not go on any longer. I was mentally and physically exhausted.
As I said earlier my details will not be as vivid as others, but a lot of it stands out very clearly. I recall having the feeling that I had visitors in my room and that I needed to come to and greet them. But I was so tired.
I can't honestly say that any of the visitors were of anyone that i knew to be departed. I couldn't give you a single name of any of them. But I knew that I did know them and had not seen them for a long time.
Then i recall hearing the most beautiful music. I opened my eyes to see where it was coming from and saw two beings in my room. I probably should not say, 'beings,' as they appeared to be very human. Their attire was puzzling. It was very plain and old-fashioned.
The next thing I remember seeing was, fields of the most radiant flowers. They seemed to be glowing around the edges of the petals.
I do not have the words to describe the feelings inside of me. Such beauty and love, and most of all, the peace of being seperated from my very sick body. I wasn't coughing and suffering any longer.
The next memory was being rudely brought back to my sick body. I opened my eyes to see a team of medical personnel, standing by my bed. They were smiling and telling me that I gave them quite a scare. They found me not breathing and had to resuscitate me. From that point on, I started to improve. But I felt so sad for a long time, that I did not get to stay in that beautiful place.
Now that I have fully recovered, I am glad that I was sent back. But I wasn't at that time. But I have derived a peace from the experience. I do not fear death any more. I am convinced

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
(ran out of room) Just wanted to finish up by saying that I do not see death as a bad experience, any longer. What I experienced was very beautiful and peaceful.

The feedback that I hope to get here, is what some of you think about these experiences. Do you think that an NDE is just hallucinations brought about by a dying experience? Or do you think that they have an overall purpose for positive change in one's life?

I wouldn't mind hearing about other experiences as well. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Death is the fate of the false, a door to truth. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I’ll keep my story short and simple. I wouldn’t call this a NDE but I am sure it was the closest. Mine wasn’t all beautiful and loving. I was actually standing in a darkened room where the only source of light was filtering from the ceiling several stories above me. This shaft of light shined through the size of a manhole cover.

The only way up and towards this light was an elevator spiraling counter clockwise. I saw myself stepping upon this elevator as it was moving. Each time I tried step onto one of the rising stairs I would fall backwards. Then I remember ‘Maw’ slapping me awake because I had a 104 degree Fahrenheit fever.

I would guess that this particular NDE is triggered by stress of having the aches and pains from flu-like symptoms while under the over-the-counter medication. By the way, this event occurred many years ago and I’ve not noticed any life changing perspective on life either as a result.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Thank you pikypiky,
This was also the kind of feedback that I hoped to get. I have heard some ppl say that their NDE's were not pleasant. Thank you so much for your contribution.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

That statement was very eye-opening. Mind if I borrow it for my signature? I have been hoping to find something to put there that is as clever as everyone else's.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
G`day sizzle

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I can agree and disagree with Occam`s quote you gave,no one knows for sure though the experience has been very positive for KingLizard, so I`d never rule out God or that KingLizards experience was very real.Who is to say whats real and whats not to any particular person especially who is touched by God or not in this way,even if others experience hellish frightening NDE`s.

In your experience I can see it as similar (though not the same) to a boxer who`s been knocked out cold,they say its a wonderful feeling, the body and the mind disconnects from the stress and pain as a way of coping.But what would have happened if your NDE had lasted longer or was permanent? I`m sure eventually you would get to see the same or similar to what KingLizard saw.

I can only give an oppinion because I have never been that critically ill to know what its like.Though off topic,I`ve been in many many situations where I cant believe I`m still alive.One day

Fortunately for your self your here with us and I`m fortunate for that as well.So get rid of the mold! and hopefully you`ll stick around with us for a long time to come.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

thanx gps,
as usual you always manage to say just the right thing to me. i am very glad that you encouraged me to stay on here. btw, i do not live in that apartment any longer. i moved out of there several years ago. very shortly after my release from the hospital. although at that particular time, i wasn't privvy to what brought on the bacterial pneumonia. i moved mainly because the owners were shutting the place down for serious rennovations.
also, i sure hope that it didn't come across that i was doubting Kinglizard's experience or the rammifications of it. i found his story to be very uplifting and believable.
i just couldn't help but wonder about some suggestions that the NDE was brought about by lack of oxygen to the brain. in my heart i believe it to be a spiritual experience. just wanted some feedback on what other's think about the phenomena.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

also, i sure hope that it didn't come across that i was doubting Kinglizard's experience or the rammifications of it. i found his story to be very uplifting and believable.

No you didn`t at all come across as doubting his experience.

Actually you and others who have been critically ill in this way are the only ones really qualified to speak of NDE`s so yours is just as valid,the reasons why they vary? I can only guess and say thats between God and yourselves even if someone experiences nothing.

P.S I like your new avatar sizzle.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
thanx gps,
glad you like my new avatar. jst to reiterate for a second, i haven't come to a solid decision as to what i believe about NDE's. somewhere between my heart and my brain, i am very confused about it.
having a medical background, i tend to believe that it could be the result of lack of oxygen to the brain. being a believer, i lean just as much to the spiritual aspect. can you see why i am on the fence about it. not anyone else's experience, just my own.

P.S. just to add a thought here. shortly after the experience, anyone would have had a hard time convincing me that it was not spiritual. now i find myself questioning it, but that's the reason for the topic. i would like to get some opinions on what other members think about it. maybe over a period of time, you get so far removed from it, that you do begin to doubt yourself.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yes I can see why your on the fence,for 1 your medical background has an explanation for it,2 you now dont fear death because it was very pleasant to you.(heaven like)

This could? be a reason why your experience wasn`t as KingLizards because it may have been explained away or doubt of His existence even if it was the same? I really dont know.

Or like I said along the lines of being off in la la land to cope with the pain and suffering or lack of oxygen as you say.

Stumped here sizzle.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

thanx for your time and input here, gps. you do give me plausible things to consider. i don't doubt the existence of God, whatsoever. i had a heart change or soul change, some years ago and that decision is final for me. but i do wonder about the NDE's as to whether they are a direct contact with God/Heaven. i suppose that i could even look at it as a mixture of both. Lack of oxygen and a real Heavenly experience.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience sizzle.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hi Kinglizard and welcome. I am honored with your visit, as you are my inspiration. plz feel free to add any comments or thoughts that you might have on this. and thank you for sharing your story. it touched me deeply.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by depth om

That statement was very eye-opening. Mind if I borrow it for my signature? I have been hoping to find something to put there that is as clever as everyone else's.

I hereby bestow upon you full ownership of that phrase.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Gee thanx, Depth OM. I will consider that my Christmas present. Speaking of Christmas, I just opened a topic in chit-chat about various Christmas traditions as they pertain to different cultures. I chose Native American tradition because I have a little NA blood and that I have always been intrigued with NA history.
Topic is called Native American Christmas Traditions and Others, here is the link: www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would like to thank all that contributed here. I think I just found an answer that I am satisfied with. In my case only. A very kind member pointed me to a topic opened by Gools, some time ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think '___' very well have been a factor in my experience.
I do not discount the spiritual aspect in other cases, because of the vast differences in their accounts vs mine.
So thanks again everyone. I believe I have found my answer.

edit for typo's

[edit on 20-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey, Sizzle. I never knew this happened to you. Thanks for sharing. You mentioned being almost depressed when you had to come back. That is very normal from what I've read. Like you, most people who experience a NDE state they no longer fear death anymore even if they get down every now and then after experiencing such beauty and peace but finding themselves back on earth.

And least you got a taste of the other side to carry you through the rough spots. Much love to you.

new topics

join