It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats Are Trieing To Eliminate The Border Fence!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The Democrats Are Trieing To Eliminate The Border Fence!!!

www.worldnetdaily.com

Republican presidential hopeful Duncan Hunter is blasting a Democrat-sponsored bill that would eliminate the requirement passed by Congress to build a double-layered fence covering 854 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is a slap in the face to the American people once again....What is wrong with these people???We yell and yell louder and they continue to try and let all these illegals and their problems flood our country and drag it down to a third world country....Maybe we should just roll over and let them make us a second Mexico and then they wouldnt have anything to come to.....This is getting old ...And voting isnt working.....

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is surprising? Not to me. The Democrats have always been and will likely always be weak on the border issue. They think that it's somehow "inhumane" to secure our national borders...
That's why there is not a single Democratic candidate campaigning that I'd ever vote for.. Not a one.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You do know a fence won't work, right? I mean, if you could stop people from entering an area with a simple fence then any home with a fence is the safest place on Earth. No break ins or anything because they have a fence, right? No, people with fences are still robbed? Hmmm, build another fence!

Duh, a fence does nothing. What does? Letting the Border Patrol have bigger guns and allow them to shoot on sight. Well, shoot on sound of no English being spoken.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Please read the article and not just the headline. The amendment to pull the funding for the fence was submitted by two Republican Senators from Texas.

Republicans have had control of the Presidency and both houses since 2000. In that time they've managed to appropriate almost a trillion dollars for the WOT against all efforts of the democrats, but you want us to believe that the democrats have somehow stopped them from spending a single cent on building a border fence? pffft...

Your own republican president was the biggest supporter of the latest amnesty bill for illegal aliens, just like that other great republican Ronald Reagan with the original amnesty bill in 86. If you want to look into it even further, you'll find that immigration enforcement under GWB is at about one fifth the rate under Clinton.

Open borders is a republican policy and if you've got a problem with illegal immigration, it's because you VOTED for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This is surprising? Not to me. The Democrats have always been and will likely always be weak on the border issue. They think that it's somehow "inhumane" to secure our national borders...
That's why there is not a single Democratic candidate campaigning that I'd ever vote for.. Not a one.

or it could just be that...you know, it unfair to block free movement of peoples in the world. or do you actually think that you deserve access to more resources simply because of birth?

on another note, that HHH brought up, it's NOT GOING TO WORK. it's a waste of money

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Republicans have had control of the Presidency and both houses since 2000. In that time they've managed to appropriate almost a trillion dollars for the WOT against all efforts of the democrats, but you want us to believe that the democrats have somehow stopped them from spending a single cent on building a border fence? pffft...

Uh, ahem,ahem, the Democrat had control of congree for over FORTY years and what did they do about the border issue? Not much

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

on another note, that HHH brought up, it's NOT GOING TO WORK. it's a waste of money

Well, then pull our troops out of these foreign lands and place them on our national borders, which is something I have advocated for over ten years now. This open border policy will stop, so says the American population.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well, then pull our troops out of these foreign lands and place them on our national borders, which is something I have advocated for over ten years now. This open border policy will stop, so says the American population.

What you don't seem to understand yet Speaker, it that the American Population doesn't even enter into the equation when it comes to politics.
Vote for whom ever you want but in the final analysis; corporate interest are served by our "elected" officials and if you think they are going to give up cheap labor, you are very naive. Can you spell NAFTA or NAU.

Oh, they may build a token fence and station a few troops but it won't even add up to a fart in a hurricane.

As they say, follow the money. Look at the huge campaign contributers and you can see who will pull the strings. Schools out!!!

[edit on 18-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

you haven't addressed my question:
why is someone considered better for being born in america?
why do they get given access to resources that others don't by birth?
is this system really any better than hereditary nobility?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

you haven't addressed my question:
why is someone considered better for being born in america?
why do they get given access to resources that others don't by birth?
is this system really any better than hereditary nobility?

Here we go...
Yeah, Americans are "mean, nasty and hateful" because they want to keep everything to themselves. Funny... No other group of people donate more money, time and charity to the less unfortunate in this world than Americans. Yet, we are "mean,nasty,eliteist, et cetera, et ctera" because we want our piece of the pie.

Let me ask you something, you still haven't addressed my question either. WHY IS AMERICA OBLIGATED TO THE WORLD??? Please, pray tell, do explain.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You know Madness, you talk about free access to whereever you wnat to go. Let me ask you, do you know what happens to an American if he crosses the Mexican border ILLEGALLY? Do ya? He/she freaking goes to jail!!! Why should it be any different here in the states when someone comes into our country illegally? Huh? You tell me that!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know where you live, Madness, it is none of my business.. However, you stated on another thread that you no longer live in the U.S, so you are pretty removed from what is going on here. So, let me ask youa question. How do you feel that you are somehow relegated a right to speak on issues that are happening here in the U.S right now? You left. Apparently you thought that there were "greener pastures" somewhere else. I wish you the best of luck on that venture.

It si easy to speak in glowing terms about "helping humanity and providing for the less fortunate," when you don't currently have to live with the consequences of such an action. Liberalism is an ideology made up of wonderful things. Unfortunately, they are made up without any forethought about the consequences of the action...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Uh, ahem,ahem, the Democrat had control of congree for over FORTY years and what did they do about the border issue? Not much

Oh yeah, the forty years up to 1994 when illegal immigration was at a constant under 4 million people since WWII.

The republicans had control of congress for 12 years from 1994 to 2006 and illegal immigration almost tripled to 11 million during that time.

I know... they were soooooo close to building that fence. Damn cheating democrats!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

So, just because the problem wasn't "big," although 4 million sounds like a lot to me, that justifies the Democrats doing ABSOLUTELY nothing about our borders for FORTY years, eh? Wow, what "logic."

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh come on. Your party had the last 12 years to do something about it and you just want to point back to the 50's?? Got your blinders on dontcha think?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You're comparing 12 years to over FORTY? Hmmm... Okay...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, whatever you say. Just don't forget, it's two republicans trying to defund the fence right now.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So... wait.

This fence is useless pork. Hate to break it to you, guys, but it's not going to make the border any less porous. First off, there's only enough funding to cover a few sections here and there, a few miles at a time. I don't know how many Mexicans you know, personally, but all of the ones I know are smart enough to go around a fence if they really want. Second... It's a fence. It's what, four billion dollars worth of fence, and can be easily thwarted by a ten-peso pair of gloves and a thirty-peso pair of wire clippers. Lastly, this fence will not stop the major influx of illegals that come in through people smuggling via air, cargo, and ship. If you find a Latin American illegal in your neighborhood, odds are pretty good the guy never had to wade the Rio Grande

So, with all that in mind... am I to understand that Republicans are in support of literally throwing away billions of dollars for a futile gesture to make it look like something is being done about the border?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Here we go...
Yeah, Americans are "mean, nasty and hateful" because they want to keep everything to themselves.

did i ever say that?
you are, in fact, putting words in my mouth.

Funny... No other group of people donate more money, time and charity to the less unfortunate in this world than Americans.

prove it.
back it up

Let me ask you something, you still haven't addressed my question either. WHY IS AMERICA OBLIGATED TO THE WORLD??? Please, pray tell, do explain.

that's simple.

america is obligated to the world for the exact same reason any nation is obligated to the world, it's part of it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join