It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia deploys intercontinental ballistic missles to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Is this the news that will spark the next war on terror? Just who will these weapons be purchased to fire upon? My first guess would be the U.S. What do you think? Many of you know that I do not normally post these types of pieces, and even less on this forum, please let me know what you think.

apnews.myway.com...

www.voanews.com...

[edit on 17-12-2007 by antar]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Very interesting development.....seems as though Russia took the first step in creating a new arms race, essentially making the first move. Next, we will see what the US and its EU allies will be saying about this....

Looks like i see another red herring of "My missiles should be here for this ; No! Our missiles will be here for this!" Bleh. Politics makes me queasy and uneasy most of the time due to it being so confusing; its just that this sickness feeling is because of the advent of possible war and new arms race.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Does this all add up to what I think it does? Are these the first open steps on Russia's part to show complete solidarity with Iran and that they will not only back them with spent plutonium but also create an open agenda of weapons cash openly?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hmmm...quite possibly but not necessarily. I think that the weapons are to make Israel fear its close allied-ship with the US, seeing as how Israel said their counterparts report may spark a war in the Mid East.

All i can say is, that for some time now, we have seen the great Bear rise up to the plate, and is gunning to hit a grand slam in the political (Putin), economical (natural gas, etc.) and military (with these ICBMs and the revamp of its entire military, see this www.abovetopsecret.com... )arenas.

*sigh*, I fear i lose hope for the future, for if one country makes a rash decision, all out warfare is inevitable.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Uhhh, WHERE does it say they delivered missiles to Iran??
Your first link is about delivering nuclear fuel, and your second is about deploying ICBMs around MOSCOW. Nowhere in either link does it say anything about ANY kind of missile being delivered to Iran.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Am I missing something?? I read both articles and it doesn't mention anything about sending intercontinental ballistic missiles to Iran. Did you link the wrong story or did you just not read them completely??

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Uhhh, WHERE does it say they delivered missiles to Iran??
Your first link is about delivering nuclear fuel, and your second is about deploying ICBMs around MOSCOW. Nowhere in either link does it say anything about ANY kind of missile being delivered to Iran.

You are so correct, I have a very bad inner ear infection right now and just did not read the stories well enough and or put the two together correctly in my mind...

Either way the story scares the heck out of me because it just seems that a new arms race is the last thing that I would like to see happen politically or militarily.

If they (Russia) are making blatant moves like this openly, you are saying that it is for the benefit of their relationship with Israel not us?

My common sense (which is lacking right now) just says that this is the message to anyone that would want to go to war with Iran. Especially our administration.

If that was true, then would it change or could it change with a new administration in 2008 or are we doomed to go to WWIII regardless?

And lastly, is there anyone with the diplomacy to straighten up the relationship we have with our enemies?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Russia has provided plenty of arms to Iran already - nothing wrong with that. The title of your thread is misleading.

Russia deploys ICBMs to Iran?

That means russian forces in Iran.

And the links as previously mentioned have nothing to do with ICBMs in Iran. So its all good anyway.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by amanbuthimself]

top topics

join