It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Ray Replaced By The Voice of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Death Ray Replaced By The Voice of God

www.blacklistednews.com

While U.S. efforts to deploy it's microwave Active Denial System (which transmits a searchlight sized bean of energy when makes people downrange feel like their skin is on fire) continue to be delayed, another non-lethal system, LRAD (Long Range Acoustic Device) has been quietly deployed to Iraq. And there the story gets a little strange.......LRAD is basically a focused beam of sound. Originally, it was designed to emit a very loud sound. Anyone whose head was touched by this beam, heard a painfully loud sound. Anyone standing next to them heard nothing. But those hit by the beam promptly fled, or fell to the ground in pain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.strategypage.com
LRAD
cnn LRAD story

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hear Voices? It May Be an Ad

[edit on 12/17/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here it is. A great follow up to the Hearing a Voice? It may be an Ad thread. The military is now using the same type of technology. They actually have used it in the past though. This is a must read follow up article!!!! The same technology for the ad campaign is called LRAD for the military. Check it out.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow...widespread use. And reported in our media. They must be working on something better.

I wonder how long they experimented with this and how they experimented with it. Sounds like a paranoid statement, but, in my opinion, you don't deploy an 'experimental' weapon without knowing that it actually works. I have to wonder how many people may have been an unwitting subject...

My government scares the living crap out of me sometimes.

From the article
This apparently gave the army guys some ideas, for there are now rumors in Iraq of a devilish American weapon that makes people believe they are hearing voices in their heads.

So, if there is anyone out there that doesn't think that the government/military/corporate R&D doen't have the inclination (read: mischievious) to fool people in this capacity, please read the above quote. In a world where foster children with AIDS can be given experimental drugs and MK-Ultra has been admitted, I am quite certain it happens.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Reminds me of something I saw in star trek, scary.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You have that right!!! According to some info from the other thread and research I have done, this has been around since the 1970's. There have been many people who have volunteered for the trials of these non-lethal weapons. Pretty unbelievable. Permanent deafness can be caused by this. Hopefully the ad agencies won't be turning the volume up that loud!!

According to the CNN article, some of the LRAD units are being sent to Iraq for testing on vehicles. Seems to me like we are testing them on the Iraqis.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I WANT ONE!!!!

Let those pesky Jehovah Witness's come walking towards my door again.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Does this make anybody else think of D4rk Kn1ght's thread? Cuz that's the kind of technology involved. Ok, this is narrow focus...what could you do with broad beam? Gotta git me a tin hat!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sorry for the one-liner...and the off-topic....but could someone provide a link for dark knights thread...I keep hearing about it and can't quite find it...

His name isn't appearing in the member search either...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
So, if there is anyone out there that doesn't think that the government/military/corporate R&D doen't have the inclination (read: mischievious) to fool people in this capacity, please read the above quote. In a world where foster children with AIDS can be given experimental drugs and MK-Ultra has been admitted, I am quite certain it happens.

We have to do something about the insurgents in iraq. People scream bloody murder if we kill them, and now you want to complain about just scaring them, or confusing them with voices instead?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why do we have to do anything about the insurgents in Iraq? Our presence not only helps to get our own people killed but also serves to extinguish the lives of Iraqi civilians.

You misunderstood the complaint. I hear about this technology not only being applied in a military capacity, but also in Times Square. One application is an imposition upon a human to incapacitate; the other application is a novel new way to administer advertising.

I may not have control over the military, but I was not consulted when some corporate howdy doody decided it was more than okay to start tossing voices/sound at my skull under the pretense that I wanted it.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I was thinking the exact same thing. It is interesting how this technology is getting alot of publicity these days. And D4rk Knight's predictions, or whatever one wants to call them. Did indeed talk a little about this.

It's really scarry to think what could happen if this technology were to fall into the wrong hands. Or is it already? What a way to control the populace, or rather terrorize.

Is it just me, or does it seem as if every day it gets a little harder to distinguish between reality's?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

That is exactly it. although it got great feedback, my other thread seemed to somewhat veer in the wrong direction. The whole point I have been trying to make is no matter how the technology works, it has very very bad possibilities if it were to fall into the wrong hands. And as you say, "or has it already?" I believe that it has been in the wrong hands for quite some time. We are now finally hearing..no pun intended... more and more about it in the public. We need to make sure that people are aware of what is and/or could be going on around them. People need to wake up from their false sense of security!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So is true Iraq is becoming the testing grounds of US political system madness.

Incredible that this type of things are happening, I guess Iraq is seen by our technological crazy politicians as a subculture of testing rats.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, I am sure this and other "non-lethals" have been tested in many places. I would imagine if asked, the government would say that we have tested them on our own people first. Which to me is just as bad if not worse. They need to test things like the Mythbusters do, with a dummy named "buster". LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have, at times, felt a separate presence inside my head. Notice how "crazy" that sounds yet they have the technology to create this illusion. If they were able to have these devices all around the country, it could most likely spread over large areas. Who have they been testing it on before deploying it?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I wonder if this technology can be integrated into the cell phone towers? You know how everybody here on ATS keeps freeking out about all the cell towers
If this technology could be integrated and the antenna recievers were compatible. That could make for some wide coverage and projection.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalgaze

Well, as far as the ad campaign goes, they claim they are intending it for use in public places such as museums and libraries. Which in theory, sounds like a great application. But we all know that it leads to other things. A little more digging and hopefully I can find out about the military application testing.
Here is a quick link to the weapon being used in NYC.
LRAD in NYC

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So is true Iraq is becoming the testing grounds of US political system madness

What's an LRAD? Long-range acoustic device. Military non-lethal technology being tested in Baghdad and Fallujah, and it looks like, right now: NYC.

boingboing

This is a clip from a 2004 article where a protest was occurring in NYC.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Interesting instead of taking away Americans constitutional rights to assemble they just going to blasted away from us.

Our political system is actually become Americans worst enemy.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Check out this quote from the company that makes the LRAD

"Furthermore, the Department of Defense has shown significant interest in the advanced fielded prototype of our new Medium Range Acoustic Device (MRAD(TM)).
ATC plans to introduce this new member of its LRAD product family this summer. MRAD will be about half the size and weight of LRAD, and is optimized for land and vehicle-based operations. MRAD is expected to be particularly effective on armored vehicles for urban warfare, shorter-range checkpoints and access denial, plus multiple applications for local, national and international law enforcement. "

link to source

What the hell does that mean for us now? Medium range? Does that mean they are wanting it for closer quarters? HMMMMMMMM... possibly a camp of some sort? Just a thought. This seems to show signs of it "falling into the wrong hands".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join