It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the BNP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I haven't followed the politics of the far right for quite some time... for one thing I haven't had the time or the inclination, and for another it's quite hard to read the material these kinds of groups spew out. on a regular basis.

However, I was browsing through a few political blogs that I frequent from time to time and came across this link to a page on the Yahoo Answers website.

I hadn't realised how dire the situation in the UK's most prominent far-right party was. It sounds like a factional split and, knowing the kind of characters the far-right attracts, it seems unlikely that Nick Griffin will relinquish his power voluntarily (which will obviously exacerbate the situation). With mass resignations and what seems to be an irreparable rift, could this be the end of the BNP? If so, what would be the effect on UK politics?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
And now some allegations in today's Guardian relating to the BNP leadership spying on its members through telephone taps and hacking email accounts.

I shudder to think what would happen if these kinds of people got into government.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It may mean the end of the party called the BNP, and remember names like the National Front.

There will always be parties at the far left and right, but there names will change.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That's true, but the more they divide themselves means the more impotent they become as a political force. When the original BNP had a split forming the National Front in the 1980s, it means that one group (the NF) became pretty obscure... let's face it, you don't hear much about the National Front these days. I suppose the old adage about 'divide and rule' still applies.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
And now some allegations in today's Guardian relating to the BNP leadership spying on its members through telephone taps and hacking email accounts.

- Hilarious.

It certainly illustrates perfectly the grotesque cynicism of those dreary idiots when they whine about getting caught out & their extremist racist & violent views get exposed periodically by undercover TV reporters.

Originally posted by Ste2652
I shudder to think what would happen if these kinds of people got into government.

- Yeah, indeed.

Thank God they stand absolutely zero chance of ever getting even so much as control of a little town council never mind our actual national Gov.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't think the absence of BNP would have much of an effect on British politics, except that there'd be one less scapegoat to unite proponents of the more mainstream parties.

Whilst it's very unacceptable to say such a thing, there are BNP policies that are difficult to find elsewhere. Of course, I strongly dispute most of the BNP's ideals, but I like the fact that there are underdog parties sticking to their guns (although the more extreme BNP supporters of old would tend to disagree that the BNP have stuck to their guns).

If only there was an alternative party as hot on immigration and European Union issues as the BNP but without all the other rubbish they carry.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am from the Leeds Area in the uk. Were B.N.P started, although, i do not agree totally with there views, there is an active support for B.N.P and is growing in Predominantly white areas. Weather or not they would get recognised in the right sense, i do believe they will eventually be regonized.
If BNP can stair racial riots in 5 towns, i shall rest assure you, they can do it again in vast MAJORITY.

'No Surrender'

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As with most belief systems, political or religious, there are some very valid points raised by the BNP, there are however some quite odious and bizzare views expressed.

MSM portrays BNP as out and out Nazi's and heavily censors every effort the BNP make to reach out to the populace.

If only we could cherry pick the best of all political parties then maybe we could start addressing the major issues that face us in the UK today.

For those who wish to make up their own mind about the BNP
www.identitymagazine.org.uk...

new topics

top topics

join