It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Confirm Faster than light travel is actually possible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Of course it is possible, based on the General Theory of Relativity. I dont think scientists in general say that it is impossible.

What is impossible for us AT THIS TIME is for our society to travel at light speed, because we do not have the technology

As far as Extra Terrestrial life on another planet, especially if that planet is in a neighboring galaxy it is still going to take them a million or so light years.

Here is a list of estimated galxy distances for you to ponder on notice that these galaxies are listed in (ly) Light Years and are a guess by people that are smarter than me (when it comes to cosmology)
1. Milky Way Galaxy - home galaxy of Earth
2. Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy - 25,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
3. Sagittarius Dwarf - 81,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
4. Large Magellanic Cloud - 160,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
5. Small Magellanic Cloud - 190,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
6. Ursa Minor Dwarf - 205,500 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
7. Draco Dwarf - 248,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
8. Sculptor Dwarf - 254,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
9. Sextans Dwarf - 257,500 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
10. Carina Dwarf - 283,500 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
11. Fornax Dwarf - 427,000 ly (satellite of Milky Way)
12. Leo II - 701,000 ly
13. Leo I - 890,000 ly
14. Phoenix Dwarf - 1,271,000 ly
15. Barnards Galaxy (NGC 6822) - 1,760,000 ly
16. NGC185 - 2,021,000 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
17. NGC147 - 2,152,000 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
18. Andromeda Galaxy (M31) - 2,363,000 ly
19. M32 (NGS 221) - 2,363,500 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
20. M110 (NGC 205) - 2,363,500 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
21. Andromeda I - 2,363,500 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
22. Andromeda II - 2,363,500 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
23. Andromeda III - 2,363,500 ly (satellite of Andromeda)
24. LGS 3 - 2,477,500 ly (satellite of Triangulum)
25. IC 1613 - 2,494,000 ly
26. Triangulum Galaxy (M33) - 2,592,000 ly
27. Aquarius Dwarf - 2,608,000 ly
28. Tucana Dwarf - 2,836,000 ly
29. Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte (WLM) - 3,064,500 ly
Now this list from what I understand changes all the time, but from the 1 listing it would still take 25,000 ly to get here. Round trip estimation A LONG TIME.

I also believe bending space time, the Einstein-Rosen Bridge and many elements of quantum mechanics are a way you could circumvent these times but once again no evidence of negative matter has been revealed to our society....that we know of....so it would be impossible to sustain the bending of or the bridge for these theories to work.

So far the article that I saw restates the argument for but with no real evidence which to me still makes this a big hypothesis

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Uhhhh Huh..

BUT....there might be a small problem with navigation....collision avoidance at light speed, (meteors, space debris, stars!)uh......stopping/slowing down....(you'd need one helluva seat belt/air bag system).... other than that, sounds possible in theory...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Actually, the sun would be the center of our universe, this is called Heliocentric Theory or Copernican Theory

If we (Earth if that is where your from) were in the center of the Universe
we would have to resort back to Ptolemaic Theory...The numbers just dont work out right

Happy Holidays to you!

[edit on 18-12-2007 by birchtree]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
PROPLE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT the speed of light was seen as a possibility through Einsteins Theory of Relativity, without that old Geezers advances we might not even know the term speed of light. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, can someone explain this to me or do I need to call up Hawking or Michu Kaku to clarify!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
In 2002 I saw the technology that makes this a reality, not a theory.

Humans or another advanced life form have it and are currently and have been using it .

Either way, skeptics are just clutching onto beliefs and not wanting to accept reality.

Edit:

I just wanted to add that to exceed the speed of light the craft is never actually moving. It is changing location but never moving through space. All you have to do is move space around you. There is no g-force or movement experienced inside the vehicle because it remains completely still, the only thing moving is the space around it.

The trick of yanking a table cloth from under a plate is essentially what is happening. The plate never moves but it travelled across the length of the table cloth. This can be compared to placing your finger on a globe and rotating the globe, your finger never changed its location, only its coordinates on the globe.

Breaking the speed of light is an illusion. The goal is achieved by not going any 'speed' at all. All that is required is for you to change your location faster than light can travel from your starting point to your destination.

Please read, it got buried on the last page as soon as I posted it.

[edit on 12/18/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

You are going to have to give more than that.

Just saying it is one thing, what you are talking about is using anti-matter or negative matter to bend the space time continuum. this is not the same as the speed of light, and I am calling. So you need to put your cards on the table at least to make sense. Because I guarantee you did not seen any one bend space time.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by birchtree]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

In 2002 I saw the technology that makes this a reality, not a theory.

...How did you see the technology ?

I just wanted to add that to exceed the speed of light the craft is never actually moving. It is changing location but never moving through space. All you have to do is move space around you.

...Sounds simple enough. So how is this accomplished ??(the moving space around you part)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iunderstand

You would have to bend the space time continuum using some type of negative matter, which current physics and cosmology have not discoverd. So I am throwing the flag on this one for sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i never believe any earthbound laws when they pertain to beyond.
common sense tells me man is limited to what he can perceive.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Here is the link to my posting about my 2002 sighting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*The following is theory based on personal observation*

Moving the space around you is done in segments. There are an infinite number of points between you and your destination. You can also travel half the distance to a destination repeatedly into infinity and never reach your target.

I have thought about it alot since I had my sighting. All I can really come up with is that the skin of the craft is a transmitter and receiver hooked up to a very powerful computer.

The skin works like a radar and plots the area around the craft. The skin also 'reads' and measures the surroundings of the craft, reproduces and inverts the wavelengths of the surrounding material and transmits the signals back out. The same principle behind noise cancelling headphones, measure a wavelength and inverse it creating a neutral. All the further out that must be manipulated is the immediate surroundings of the craft which will create a pocket around the craft, in partial or in full. Once the pocket is created attraction and repulsion of appropriately charged particles can take place.

There is no momentum to the craft (it is 'stationary') so immediately changing direction is not an issue. If there is something in the way, it is avoided. The computer combined with the 'eyes' of the skin allows the craft to know where all obstacles are. To change direction the skin simply stops attracting in a specific direction. The craft will stop on a dime since without any active manipulation from the craft the craft will be still since it is at all time technically at rest.

I hope I didn't stumble over my words too much but it is a little difficult to describe this in text alone.

[edit on 12/18/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

My gosh man do you realize you are not talking about light speed you are talking about teleportation.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You do realize that the holographic universe theory has been debunked. I am not saying this is not possible but the realization of science would have to be triple that of light travel. I think in this forum we are ignoring a lot of facts like the human cell structure, effects on matter, the fact that we do not have anything close to a true star chart that would enable either your theory or the theory of light travel to be effective. Then there are the unknowns things that real physic teachers just kind of laugh about because they know it would drive them nuts to just day in and day out think about.

Pray tell, if you do have the answers to these things I want to hear them, as I am sure many here would.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by birchtree

My gosh man do you realize you are not talking about light speed you are talking about teleportation.

You make so many assumptions about something that you have obviously never observed.

Please don't put words in my mouth or make statements on by behalf. My post did not describe teleportation at all, it is a theory based on personal observation.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You do realize that the holographic universe theory has been debunked.

What are you talking about and why did you bring this up?

I think in this forum we are ignoring a lot of facts like the human cell structure, effects on matter, the fact that we do not have anything close to a true star chart that would enable either your theory or the theory of light travel to be effective.

I think you're ignoring the fact that I have seen what you consider 'impossible' and can verify it as being real.

Then there are the unknowns things that real physic teachers just kind of laugh about because they know it would drive them nuts to just day in and day out think about.

I'll probably kill myself sooner or later for this very reason. When you know something is real and don't know who has it it is very had to deal with. If humans were on board, I have no hope for humanity because there is something very strange going on behind the scenes.

Pray tell, if you do have the answers to these things I want to hear them, as I am sure many here would.

No disrespect, but I have tried to explain some things and your lack of knowledge and closed mind are inhibiting your thought process and ability to conceptualize what I am describing. Less assumptions based on sci-fi fantasy and more open minded scientific thought and you'll get somewhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Spoodily, you seem somewhat knowledgeble regarding physics. Where and how did you acquire the basis of your theories ?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Thanks for the compliment but it's not really important. The focus should be on the theories I want to present, not me.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well I doubt this theory no bit. I saw it working on TV. Just as a reminder:

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: These are the anti-matter engines I invented. It allows me to travel to distant galaxies in mere hours.
Cubert J. Farnsworth: That's impossible. You cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

Cubert J. Farnsworth: I understand how the engines work now. It came to me in a dream. The engines don't move the ship at all. The ship stays in place and the engines move the universe around it.

And don't you dare hold back the creative scientists with your negative thinking !!!

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Everyone talks about saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark - Ooh, then you've gone too far!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So the basic idea isn't linear travel, but rather warping space around you to shift from one location to another without moving?

I can't be the only person who, upon reading this, thought "He who controls the spice, controls the universe".

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dobsonion2

I don't think 'he' meant ignorant as in stupid...probably meant ignorant as in 'lack of knowledge'. I think any ATS member would fall into this category INCLUDING myself. We are here because we are exploring ideas and possibilities. As far as proof of aliens is concerned - this lack of proof has not stopped human beings from believing in all sorts of things.

What these scientists are exploring is the possibility of breaking the light barrier. They are going at it in light of a new paradigm. Kudos to them and the one who started this thread!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'll probably kill myself sooner or later for this very reason. When you know something is real and don't know who has it it is very had to deal with.

I hope you aren't serious about that! It's better to hang around and see how this all plays out - don't you think?

[edit on 19-12-2007 by RaDios]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join