It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Confirm Faster than light travel is actually possible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Can you tell me more about the mystery radio signal heard three times. I've not heard this one before ! Thanks !

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I think this is an exciting bit of news and we should embrace it.

What news? That some guys wrote a paper that suggests something might be possible?
I'd suggest embracing something that's at least in the realm of actual physics, such as ways of slowing down our impact on the planet, as opposed to just saying "forget it" and shooting off somewhere else

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think that modern science has forgotten the very definition of the word theory, which means that if a better theory comes along, you have to replace the old theory. Theory's are different from laws of physics, which are definitive. We're still stuck in Einsteinian relativistic dogma way back from the 1930's, and things have pretty much stayed there, with no new theories being accepted over Einsteins for over seventy years.

I agree and lets get rid of the theory of evolution while were at it I assure you I didnt come from a monkey....whew got that off my chest but in regards to this thread I think its ironic the same governments that deny aliens and UFOs as non existent are the same governments doing everything in their power to create them. Isnt it amazing how from the ww2 era to now we went from propeller planes to the equipment we have now. Thats a hell of a jump in 60 years and the big jumps were after roswell. HMMmmMmmMM

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes it is, when the means to travel would be outside human condition, but after the unfolding, it will make (more sense) then to diet.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dark_matter06
I'm on hold right now with Websters. They are considering letting me use the above poster's quote as the definition of ignorance.

wow, did you give them your comments to start with?

This one in particular?

Most people who live now are descended from the people who thought the world was flat.

That would be ALL people who live now are descended from people (not “the” people) who thought the world was flat.

You may think otherwise, but ATS wasn’t started in 6000BC

Or maybe you sent them this one?

Every type of person on Earth has said it the only ones who say otherwise is the US gov. which has been proven in the past to lie.

Really now? I say we haven’t been visited because there is no evidence.

Does that make me a US Government employee? Let me know if so, I’d really like to take 4 hour breaks and get a sweet pension cause right now I am stuck in a private sector 9-5

I am SO tired of people who are “believers” talking like everything they say is FACT and the rest of us are just LYING.

The media, the government, the SAME people who can’t seems to be able to cover up anything from a blowjob to a leaked spy, always seem to be keenly able to cover up alien landings, technology, advances and abductions.

Not only the US, but the WORLD seems to cover it up quite nicely as well.

I guess were all being fooled but YOU KNOW, YOU and the rest of the fun bunch here KNOW.

The ones you should be pissed at are the Aliens who always seem to crash land or fly around getting caught on grainy non stable video and poorly staged photography. If they are here, they certainly know you’re being ridiculed and maybe they are in on the joke, pointing and laughing….

I am all for alien life being out there, in fact, I think it is a possibility (it would be ignorant to say otherwise) but they haven’t been here yet.

We can all have our opinions but don’t come off like you’re some kind of “in the know” guy, because you’re not.

Your speculating just like the rest of us.

(although my speculation is at least based in the reality of the human condition... we can't keep nothin a secret)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

but when a poet, musician or just a regular says it, he's nuts.

Umm because they are? Poets should stick to poetry, musicians should stick to music and regular guys should stick to the cheap regular thats 87 octane.

That news about faster then light is old news and you believing your a Christian should stick to arguments that don't make for great fallacy dichotomy's in your Christian Atheist threads because they will eat you alive with this one.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why pay for rovers to go to mars and find microbes if that same Government has already got enough proof

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by ZeuZZ

theory means that if a better theory comes along, you have to replace the old theory

That makes enough sense to explain why that doesn't make sense

Theory's are different from laws of physics, which are definitive. We're still stuck in Einsteinian relativistic dogma

The fundamental postulate of the Theory of Relativity is that the laws of physics will be the same for all freely moving observers.

he chances of a far advanced civilization being able to master it is very likely.

Hence the term far advanced. I would think if it is likely at all,, it will be our civilization achieving it before we find another one that has

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Actually these scientists are definitely not the first to propose this theory. Last year an extremely similar article was published either in Popular Science or Scientific American. I cant remember but it was one of the two because thats the only two i get. This idea is not new. Its just that, more and more everyday the technology is getting closer to making it happen. However i must allay that we are still far away from zooming off to Andromeda.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by edventia

funny------i guess you're right--------even cops in space to give us "speeding tickets" what would the speed limit be ? anything past 65 x the speed of light no doubt ?------why cant they just concentrait on serious crimes and allow us to speed----just a little bit?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have something interesting to note. Has anybody seen that interview with David Sereda where he explains that the key to travelling faster than lightspeed is the spiral?

Well, I've seen several UFOs, and one UFO in particular blew me away, because it was a big blue light, seemed like it was pretty high in the atomosphere, or just above the atmosphere, but it was so much brighter than any other star, and I only saw it for about 5 seconds until it took off at an incredible speed right up into space.... directly towards Mars.

The thing about the way it took off was that it did a few sprials, each time getting tighter and tighter of a spiral, did that about four times at a very very high rate of speed, and then whoosh, it took off straight towards Mars.

I think David Sereda's theory could definitely be in use right now.... and I'm sure it is by no means the only way to travel past light speed.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
OH please!!! The first words out of your mouth were alien debunkers.That opens the door to my opinion about ET being here on earth.If you dont agree thats fine.And please dont use deformed human skulls as proof of
an alien artifact. It makes you look, well ignorant.

i

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
whoever said musicians should stick to music, please stop being offensive. Are you saying that people can't pholosophize and provide the world with insight if they do not hold a degree in whatever field they are providing insight into?

This website, as much as its slogan is "Deny Ignorance", I have never dealt with more people as ignorant, and offensive, and disrerspectful as some of you so called experts and skeptics. Some of you are just here for the sport of tearing people apart, and I find people like you just a little reprehensible... because all you do is ignore... all you do is pshaw... all you do is roll your eyes like you know everything. Well lemme tell you something. You don't know jack squat! You don't know any more than I do, other than facts and figures pulled out of books or out of biasded lab tests or just biased worldview in general.

Get over yourselves, and stop denying that you have ignorance.

What have you figured out about the world that is gunna save us from killing ourselves? Well hey, John Lennon knew. Jimi Hendrix knew. The hippies knew! All you need is love, man. Love, peace, and tolerance.

Not this petty bull# you nay sayers are pulling, making people feel like stupid insane retards that need to be locked away. Goddamn, somebody should put you in your place.... but we can't because you shout PROVIDE EVIDENCE, and the people who can get killed because of it. The people who can change the world get killed, and the people who just sit here and accept things at face value like little complacent robots get to run this woprld, and run it into the goddamn ground.

This, my friends, is what is wrong with humanity. Time is running out, whether you like it or not... and it is people who come forward and say YES we have technology that could solve all the world's resource and ewnergy problems who will save this planet. Not you skepticising and insulting comments. I wish I could slap some of you so god damned hard cuz you're being more ignorant than anyone I've ever had the pleasure of talking to.

Have a nice life skepticizing the world into non-existance.

These things exist, this technology exists.

Lots of people have seen glimpses of it.

Just get that into your thick skulls.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by gormly

Really now? I say we haven’t been visited because there is no evidence.

my question to you is what do you consider as evidence? would the electromagnetic fields around some crop formations be considered evidence, what about corroborated ground and air military radar of crafts moving at incredible speeds than going into space. Or is it only evidence if you personally can bang on it with a hammer?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i actually remember a large bombshell article that said that according to one guys vision of quatum physics we can reach a speed of 369 times the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yeah, I've always been wondering why light speed was always the limit for speed. Well, lets stop yapping and get to work =p. We'll go for Mars, then some other solar system, then some other galaxy.
One of my concept is that we might be able to teleport humans later.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Quote"Well where are they?
Not even a signal from space. Silence.No alien artifacts. Fermi paradox states that our size galaxy could be colonized in 50 million years without faster then light travel.And our galaxy is half the age of the big bang.It should have been colonized thousands of times over"end quote.

In the first place why assume any ETs would want to come to a small planet on the outer rim of a small galaxy?

Secondly IF they did want to spend time and recourses visiting us the fact that they have never apparently arrived would depend on 1. How far they have to travel and 2. WHEN they started out. None of which we know and so is not a reason why not.

Of course it is said that we have already had and do have visits by other beings and there is a plethora of evidence to the fact.

So the question then becomes Why?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

It usually starts out as "Theory".....then possible......then
OK we built a prototype and it works.
Oh, by the way....we had a working spacecraft placed right
in front of us over 50 years ago.
It took us over 40 years to figure out how it worked and to
build a copy.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Instead of faster than light, think traveling in nonlinear time.
A gravity wave warp shell should do the trick.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In 2002 I saw the technology that makes this a reality, not a theory.

Humans or another advanced life form have it and are currently and have been using it .

Either way, skeptics are just clutching onto beliefs and not wanting to accept reality.

Edit:

I just wanted to add that to exceed the speed of light the craft is never actually moving. It is changing location but never moving through space. All you have to do is move space around you. There is no g-force or movement experienced inside the vehicle because it remains completely still, the only thing moving is the space around it.

The trick of yanking a table cloth from under a plate is essentially what is happening. The plate never moves but it travelled across the length of the table cloth. This can be compared to placing your finger on a globe and rotating the globe, your finger never changed its location, only its coordinates on the globe.

Breaking the speed of light is an illusion. The goal is achieved be not go any 'speed' at all. All that is required is for you to change your location faster than light can travel from your starting point to your destination.

[edit on 12/18/2007 by Spoodily]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join