It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Bigfoot Pictographs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Accordingly, Sasquatch and Wendigo have been apart of Indian tribal(s) folklore, both modern and ancient.
I ran across this article showing some proposed "Bigfoot/Sasquatch" cave pictographs found in a cave in California.

"California's Bigfoot Cave"
www.unexplainedearth.com...

The article is quite informative and interesting. Worth a read.

What do you think?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well...The big foot could be some sort of Monster to scare bad kids...that is if it isn't an accual drawing of a Big foot...if so....it may accualy proove the Sasquatch Exsists/Exsisted.

I have seen that "Lizard" thing before but I lost the book so I can't really tell you about that one...I just remembered the monsters....

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thx for the reply Curiosity.

I happened to look this pictographs over again while watch the NASCAR Bud Shootout and noticed that the first one almost looks similar to a picture of a "Mothman" that I had seen sometime back....hmm.

The pictographs are interesting nonetheless.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, not to sound to be the typical narrow-minded media-influenced rain-on-your-parade person that seems to runt hese streets abundantly, but hasn't any heard that story about how Bigfoot was really this conspiracy between two brotheres. Supposedly, they took footprint-makers and trecked across the wilderness and maked a costume for it. Recently one of them died so they fessed-up to it all. I can't remember where I read this, but I'm pretty sure it was in a newspaper somewhere. Sorry 'bout that, I just was itching to say it though.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You mean Gimli and Patterson?

www.bfro.net...

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Reminds me more of the mothman, than a big foot

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If a big hairy monkey thing lived within the US for 400 yrs or so, I think we would have found it by now.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
If a big hairy monkey thing lived within the US for 400 yrs or so, I think we would have found it by now.

Mountain lions live in the woods too, but most folks have never seen one of those either, yet we know they are there eh? In spite of the incessant spread of what we call civilization there are still places that the foot of man has never trampled on. I think it would be very easy for an intelligent creature to remain hidden.

ID

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I concur, there are most likely not a whole lot of these creatures left and given that they are most likely more intelligent then the apes we are aware of it would be very easy for them to remain out of site. Also, when one is seen it is quickly passed off by others as a bear or something of that nature.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that if there is a bigfoot creature, it is probably some lineage of humans, like the neandertal was. If it evolved in the wooded and frigid areas of the americas then it may have not had a need to become inteligent in order for it's species to survive... or it's way of life was made simple enough by the recession of the ice age that it stopped evolving so fast.

Funny thing is that there are reports of Yeti's... the himalayan version of Bigfoot. So maybe if the brothers had heard of the Yeti, they may have decided to play on that and make up the 'american yeti'.

I agree... the cave drawings do seem more mothmen-like than bigfoot or yeti.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
yeah that does look like a mothman but i think thats because someone said it did and know iv been influenced, but ehh.
yeah that big foot by the brothers was a hoax thats old news but what about the stories of them before those brothers did their magic? there have been stories of these things for a long time. although i do tend to agree if they were here we MAY have found them. after all we are still finding new species underwater and in the rain forests all the time.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

That's the same thing that was aid about the Giant Panda for hundreds of years. Then in 1891(?), they (westerners) found one, then, it became real.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
thats a great discovery

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A hoax? Some of them almost certainly. All of them? I doubt it. Is it an 8 foot tall missing link? Don't know. Native American tribe without exception that I can find, all have stories of large creature that live in the woods and mountains. Some of them are benevolent, some not so much.

I've met two people who claim to have seen Sasquatch from rather a closer view than I'd care to, and I am convinced they saw something out of the ordinary out in the woods above the town I live in. These two gentlemen have a lifetime of experiance in and around wilderness and the creatures that live there. I've known both for some ten years, I believe them to put it simply. Sasquatch, maybe so, maybe not; something out of their experiance? Definitely.

Interesting pictures though.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The second one looks like it could be a bear.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not gonna pay to read the article, so...

Those pictures could be of a bigfoot. But given the proportions, you could just as easily say it's a beaver.

And Wendigos are really nothing like bigfeet. Wendigos are the embodiment of cannibalism. The most common descriptions more along the lines skeletal, almost corpse-like. Almost the opposite of a large, hairy (and well-fed)
creature.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You think so? What do you base this thought on? The eternal vigilance of the National Bigfoot Squad?

Look, you can't find what you aren't looking for. Almost no one is going out of their way looking for these creatures, which makes it fairly easy to remain hidden.

Do you have any idea just how easy it is to hide after night fall, assuming you aren't wearing bright, reflective orange.
Heck, if your backyard was wooded, a Bigfoot could probably sneak up within 5 feet of your house, set off a motion-activated lamp, run away loudly, and you'd probably never notice, simply because you were posting on ATS about how Bigfoot doesn't exist, while blaring your favorite song over your headphones.

How long as it been since you took a walk outside after dark? And I don't mean to get to your car in the driveway, I mean a walk out into the nearest forest.

You see, if you really think about it, you can't come up with a good reason that something Bigfoot size couldn't find its way across the America's, into Canada and back again.

EDIT: Well, if you live in a city, then I suppose you don't know. People that live in New York City look across the city and think, "BIG". That isn't, in the big scheme of things, true in the slightest.

There are places in Montana where you could drop the whole of New York City, in all it's glory, where you wouldn't be able to see it from fifty miles away!

Sure, places like New York City and L.A. are big for cities, but they're rather small as far as stretches of wilderness are concerned.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by Voidmaster]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Most of us are urbanized and perhaps lose the concept that there are places on Earth where man is a rare thing indeed. There are spots like that in the United States just short drives from the largest cities. Walk into one of these areas late in the day when the sun is almost down and you'll come to the quick realization that you are only tolerated, at best; and certainly not feared. It can be a sobering experiance...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wow that's a pretty good find, Seekerof, although some of them look a bit fake. I think I'm going to investigate them more before I pass judgment, it'll certainly makes a good story if they're real.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well... if scientists have found remains of cavemen, don't you think they would've found remains of a bigfoot?

And also, that could just be a poor artist's rendition of a human.

Or a bear.

I don't think the pictograph has anything to do with a bigfoot, but then again I don't believe in the bigfoot, so I'm a bit biased.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join