It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Makover.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Take care of yourself & you won't need to be fixed up.

So stop complaining that you're ugly & that beautiful people get all the breaks.

There are only a very small percentage of people who were born with physical defects who deserve to complain.

I don't think anyone is blaming beautiful people. It is more built into our genetics. We are drawn to attractive people. Period. So we make movies about them, magazines, photos...that is the way it is.

If you are more attractive...you will get more breaks in life. Period. That is the way it is. I'm not saying its right. What I am saying is...its the truth.

Take the woman about pre-surgery and then take someone like a supermodel. You tell me who will get more breaks in life. More chances. More attention.

End of story.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well maybe the TV show is missing something in the "makeover?"

After all this medical work in plastic surgery, people may still "feel ugly," inside. So they now need psychologists to "talk it over," which may have negated the need for all the Beverly Hills treatment if done initially.

Appearances just as money "grease the wheels," for interpersonal accomplishments. Determined people can talk without looking like the latest paragon, but it sure is more simple when people "hook up to you," whereas "love at first sight," is sure better than climbing Everest to get noticed for your ideas.

<< 1   >>

join